Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

AoD: This game feels very on the rails. Am i playing it right?

Codex Year of the Donut
Also, guns are a game-changer and one guy can take many others with proper weapon (I won't even mention Power Armor), not so in AoD where the best you can get is high-quality steel sword
Bolter-icon.jpg

dumbuglyorc

Educated
Are you really that retarded

Absolutely. I'm a snowflake.

As for taking out whole Shady Sands, now that's just retarded.

There's loads of retarded stuff in Fallout, but the retarded thing here is not that you can decide to take out the whole town, it's that you can succeed in it so easily.

Not being allowed to try doing retarded stuff is anti-freedom, obviously. It would be a cool game where the retarded stuff wasn't viable because all those people armed with their tiny daggers were actually so dangerous. The player character should always be able to use all of its functions, is the orcish credo. It would rock to have a Fallout-ish game where the PC wasn't a demigod. I, like many, I think, originally expected that from AoD.

Absinthe

Arcane
What does Traps do? I don’t remember that at all?
Basically nothing. It lets you disarm traps, but there aren't that many traps in the game and most traps are also avoidable purely through a high Perception score, and a few Trap-related situations don't even use the Traps skill. There's one dialogue check in Teron for Thieves Guild that uses Traps to solve a quest, but otherwise it's pretty rare. It's mostly good for robbing inns, and their thieving opportunities were a late addition to AoD. If it weren't for trap disarming giving you 1 civil SP every time, Traps would be a complete dumpsterfire of a skill.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom