Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcade Racing

Gerrard

Arcane
How is it incline? I thought this would be like NFSU2 but it seems to be "inspired" by games like Wangan Midnight / Tokyo Extreme Racer, which are highway traffic dodging simulators, degenerate straight line racing.
:rpgcodex:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
How is it incline?
- nice sense of speed
- tight controls
- extensive customization
- campgain with interesting ideas
- cool music
- enthralling atmosphere and aesthetics
- free

yeah... totally not incline for a game still in early stages of development to already be this well realised, specially in a genre that has been on life support for 10+ years

Gerrard

Arcane
It's called prologue, so one would assume it's a demo.

- nice sense of speed
- tight controls
- extensive customization
- campgain with interesting ideas
- cool music
- enthralling atmosphere and aesthetics
The sense of speed is only there when you have the shaky cam and motion blur, when you're driving at 120kmh it feels like 40.
I have no idea what the fuck "tight controls" are supposed to mean, I did not experience anything to write home about, except maybe the fact that the game did not recognize the analogs of my DInput controller correctly, and the UI in general is awful.
Customization is nice, but also indicates the dev has his priorites misplaced at this stage.
What interesting ideas are there? From what I've seen this is a clone of the games I mentioned.
Music is mediocre, and the aesthetic is "brown and blurry", if you think that's cool then that's on you.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
The sense of speed is only there when you have the shaky cam and motion blur,
There's also the pretty solid sound fx and the way the car becomes harder to control
I have no idea what the fuck "tight controls" are supposed to mean
Exactely what it means
Customization is nice, but also indicates the dev has his priorites misplaced at this stage.
And why is that?
Considering the "marketing" it seems to me he has his priorities straigth
What interesting ideas are there?
The way it's presented and how the player interacts with the world, there's potential here
Music is mediocre, and the aesthetic is "brown and blurry"
That's like... your opinion man :smug:

Gerrard

Arcane

Tried the new TDU demo, but it's literally unplayable on my PC, I got 20FPS on lowest settings with 50% GPU and 35% CPU usage.
:hero:

Modron

Arcane
It's alright by the time you get around to upgrading your machine the game won't be playable anymore anyways.

catfood

AGAIN

Tried the new TDU demo, but it's literally unplayable on my PC, I got 20FPS on lowest settings with 50% GPU and 35% CPU usage.
:hero:

ss_987bab037429cf4ec345bf45d5e184fda413ea2f.600x338.jpg

:prosper:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom