Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Archaelund now available on Early Access

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Irrelevant

Devs should be RPG enjoyers themselves, they are not aliens

easy way to screw up your game
as @luj1 said, stick to your vision, and fuck the rest
scam or not, asking players "What is fun for you?" means you dont really believe in your vision
wow you guys are morons, I hope the dev has enough experience to just ignore your shit advice.

getting feedback is vital to any work, I've seen many things where the creator showed his original designs and then changed it, often times completely, in accordance to feedback. It's pretty common.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
wow you guys are morons

hold on just a minute

Vic you are the only guy here who defends Starfield and Skyrim, the worst trashes in the history of gaming (both artistically and technically)... you tend to like really bad games, you started playing RPGs after 2005 or so, you are always in the top 3 greatest retards poll every year, etc.

I think your opinion is worthless

I've seen many times when the creator showed his original designs and then changed it, often times completely

no shit sherlock

this is exactly what we are talking about regarding EA you absolute genius

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Vic you are the only guy who defends Starfield and Skyrim, the worst trashes in the history of gaming (both artistically and technically)... you started playing RPGs after 2005 or so, you are always in the top 3 greatest retards poll every year, etc.
I never defended Skyrim, I only like Starfield of the Bethesda games, and Daggerfall but it doesn't hold up anymore. Technically my first RPG was Baldur's Gate in the late 90s, but yeah I didn't get my OWN computer until 2002 and didn't get seriously into RPGs until quite a bit later. And I never made it far in the retard awards, my high IQ simply makes this an impossibility.

Why are you spreading so much gossip like an old wife?

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
Vic you are the only guy who defends Starfield and Skyrim, the worst trashes in the history of gaming (both artistically and technically)... you started playing RPGs after 2005 or so, you are always in the top 3 greatest retards poll every year, etc.
I never defended Skyrim, I only like Starfield of the Bethesda games, and Daggerfall but it doesn't hold up anymore. Technically my first RPG was Baldur's Gate in the late 90s, but yeah I didn't get my OWN computer until 2002 and didn't get seriously into RPGs until quite a bit later. And I never made it far in the retard awards, my high IQ simply makes this an impossibility.

Why are you spreading so much gossip like an old wife?
shut up undisputed queen of faggotry

Late Bloomer

Scholar
But seriously, I needed it to find bugs. And to keep me from going broke.

I don't see why this is controversial for solodevs/small teams. Especially ones with good reputations.

It shouldn't be. As long as it is clearly communicated as part of the reasoning for releasing in EA.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Bought it, so far just had enough time to create a group of characters. I really like the char creation process.
On another note, hard dislike for current race selection. Besides plain humans, other races seem kinda meh. Frog people mages etc.

Good luck to the dev

Zatret Voruta

Novice
My impressions so far:

Nice artstyle, char portraits are great, overall graphics is very pleasant to the eye. Starting area runs smoothly on my 10 year's old potato pc.

I like the party creation, it's decently complex, but you dont have to spend 2 days rolling a viable group. Career system looks promising, as seemingly you can advance to a higher tier from multiple backgrounds, retaining different build characteristics.

Races are ok, quite nuanced and nicely flavored, but I'd prefer classic ones over frog men and minotaurs. Whrere are the dwarfs, I ask? Give us dwarfs at the very least, then I can live with cows and amphibans.

So far i rolled a party, made a club out of a shipwreck piece, nearly drowned and faced some giant beetles, which equals first 5 minutes of gameplay. Will update after I sink few hours in.

Overall it seems great, music is cool, sound design is decent enough, there are a lot of helpful tooltips everywhere, I got an impression of surprisingly polished product. We'll see what the future would bring.

I will pick this up to support the devs, but I'm really disliking how disjointed it looks when the combat and exploration are in totally different perspectives.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Besides plain humans, other races seem kinda meh.

problem with a lot of recent games

they cannot make distinct fun classes or distinct races anymore, just look at BG3 or Rogue Trader

Remember things like Wizards & Warriors or Grimoire, nowadays character building became a sea of blandness. Romances and voice acting are way more important

Gandalf

Arbiter
I love this game already. Yeah, Combat Begins! and stuff like this makes it a little more special in a funny way, but other than that it is the game I'm super happy to see being made in current age. It's like a modern take on forgotten classics. Can't wait for the full release.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
I demoed it for an hour or so, and fortunately, it didn't bore me at all, like most Early Access Indie games do these days. Au contraire, this is the most fun blobber I had played since Legends of Grimrock 2. A very promising game indeed.

Modron

Arcane
Man even I am not that autistic.
I am not sure where the performance art ended and celerity began, when he first started losing his shit about Darkest Dungeon his negative review on steam had 1337 hours played.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Man even I am not that autistic.
I am not sure where the performance art ended and celerity began, when he first started losing his shit about Darkest Dungeon his negative review on steam had 1337 hours played.
Probably have only 1000 in warband at the most.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom