Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassin's Creed Shadows - Yasuke confirmed Samurai, cope and seethe - coming February 14th

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Amcy5mn.jpeg

Because then you'd have whatever protagonist (bonus points if it's a European colonizer which would probably make the most sense for the setting) murdering a metric fuckton of Africans for the player's entertainment. Codex GOTY material.

Vatnik Wumao
Can't read the whole thread. Where's the proof that this guy was a samurai?
On the basis that he was given a sword, some spending money, and a place to sleep.

That's it.

Seriously, that's all of the concrete evidence these "historians" have.

Everything else is them "filling in the gaps" (in other words, writing fiction).
Yasuke obviously isn't a samurai. Nobunaga never gave Yasuke a family name, marking him as low born. All samurai in medieval Japan were considered high born. Yasuke's official title was "sword bearer" which meant he was the guy who carried the luggage about whenever Nobunaga went travelling.

Fargus

Arcane
You bros are excited? Here is the new trailer for the most anticipated Codex game of 2024.

"The black man is a stupid beast who does not know what he is doing, and besides, he is not Japanese, so he must be executed in the temple of the southern barbarians." - Akechi Mitsuhide

Imagine if they dropped that quote in the launch trailer.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You bros are excited? Here is the new trailer for the most anticipated Codex game of 2024.

"The black man is a stupid beast who does not know what he is doing, and besides, he is not Japanese, so he must be executed in the temple of the southern barbarians." - Akechi Mitsuhide

Imagine if they dropped that quote in the launch trailer.

Beyond the woke stuff, I'm kinda tired of the Assassin plotline. Not only because it's very saturated, which it is. It's because it's always a struggle between the Templars and the Assassins, with the Assassins winning in the end. And well, what exactly has that done for the world/timeline? You are never told anything, and if they are going with that the world is fine - is it, really? The Templars are still around, and if the world works like ours, how can that be considered good? They are stuck in this one-dimensional fight that never leads anywhere, but the conflict only seem to have doomed the world to stagnation. Talk about narrative end & fatigue.

Fargus

Arcane
It wasn't that interesting before and after Desmond's death in AC3 seems like the story went nowhere. They just kept making these games because they sold well. I'm not really big on AC only liked first and second after that they started to bore me like the usual ubisoft open world slop.

Gerrard

Arcane
Wasn't the original story of these games abandoned when they got into some dispute with the writer?

Echo Mirage

Arcane
It wasn't that interesting before and after Desmond's death in AC3 seems like the story went nowhere. They just kept making these games because they sold well. I'm not really big on AC only liked first and second after that they started to bore me like the usual ubisoft open world slop.
Its worse than that. The whole Juno plot that they had been building towards for several games was finished in a comic series. Juno got stabbed and died the end. What the plot is now I have no idea.

Mauman

Scholar
Black Flag was good. With the death of Desmond we managed to get ONE* good protagonist that wasn't a giant block of wood. Honestly, BF is the only one of the series I ever go back to.

Series went into sharp decline thereafter though.

*Ok, Ezzio was also good. Connor was a giant Ambien pill.

Fargus

Arcane
Black Flag was good. With the death of Desmond we managed to get ONE* good protagonist that wasn't a giant block of wood. Honestly, BF is the only one of the series I ever go back to.

I heard it's alright. Last decent AC game. I have it but at the time i was so tired of AC that i never played it past the prologue and it was years ago so i don't even remember what it was about other than the pirate theme. Never came back to this franchise after that.

And Connor was indeed boring as fuck.

Mauman

Scholar

I heard it's alright. Last decent AC game. I have it but at the time i was so tired of AC that i never played it past the prologue and it was years ago so i don't even remember what it was about other than the pirate theme. Never came back to this franchise after that.

And Connor was indeed boring as fuck.
Frankly, I'm the opinion it's the best in the whole series.

My only problem with it is that the best (arguably) pirate game on the market TO THIS DAY is a fucking AC game. That actually makes me angry for some odd reason.

It doesn’t even make sense that they’re still making Assassin’s Creed games. Black Flag would’ve been better if it wasn’t tied into the Assassin’s Creed series, the game barely even wanted to be an Assassin’s Creed game anyways given how they played the mandatory for the series present day aspect. Then you get to Assassin's Creed Origins and it’s a whole different style of game. I could get it if people were still into the Assassin’s Creed story stuff, but it seem like nobody cares about all that Abstergo shit in the later games, it’s just this weird vestigial tail that has to be their because it’s “Assassin’s Creed.”

Last edited:
Wasn't the original story of these games abandoned when they got into some dispute with the writer?
the original story was supposed to become Watch_Dogs

why they pussied out and didn't make a crossover game God only knows

I don’t know if they’ve ever said that, but the first Assassin’s Creed game definitely gave the impression that it was building to an Assassin’s Creed game where you played as Desmond running around a modern day city instead of the main game taking place in the past.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I don’t know if they’ve ever said that, but the first Assassin’s Creed game definitely gave the impression that it was building to an Assassin’s Creed game where you played as Desmond running around a modern day city instead of the main game taking place in the past.
You can see parts of that in Assassin's Creed III.

aweigh

Arcane
really nice work here. mod for ac1, ac2 trilogy which unlocks manual usage of every parkour movement so you no longer have to rely on the game to guess what you're trying to do, instead you can do exactly what you want (also unlocks new animations which were previously only context sensitive).

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Ubisoft's shares are about to close 30% down on the monthly, at the end of the quarter, and about 45-50% down on the yearly timeframe.

Idk guys, if I were them I'd make an announcement that I'm de-niggerifying the game before release and change the trailer. Though the game 's writing is likely beyond hope for repair.

deuxhero

Arcane
I wouldn't be surprised if this played a part in the cancellation.

It's like they tried to make this a product as offensive to Japan as possible. I had no idea they could fuck up this bad when I said this months ago.
It's so easy to forget there's still quarter of a year till this shit is out. I wonder how much deeper Ubisoft will dig themselves in those months and what they'll blame the inevitable bomb on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom