Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline ATOM RPG: Trudograd - standalone expansion sequel to ATOM RPG

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Last edited:

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Does companions use aimed shots? The reason I ask is to figure out whether it's worth it to spend points in aimed shot abilities for companions.

e: What is evasion and where can I see it? I can only find dodge.

Last edited:

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Can you have more than 12 action points or is there a limit?

e: after having rescued Lara from the kidnapper and she's back at the bar you can't talk to her about the incident. it would have been nice to get a conclusion. it felt a little bit disappointing.

Last edited:

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Does companions use aimed shots? The reason I ask is to figure out whether it's worth it to spend points in aimed shot abilities for companions.

Might be a localization problem, will look into it if not yet fixed.
Can you have more than 12 action points or is there a limit?

e: after having rescued Lara from the kidnapper and she's back at the bar you can't talk to her about the incident. it would have been nice to get a conclusion. it felt a little bit disappointing.
That's actually a great idea!

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
So anyway, hey everyone!
We're almost done with the next update, there's gonna be plenty of QoL stuff, a new dungeon, some new characters and such hitting Trudograd next month. I just finished translating the main bulk of it, so now we'll need to localize it, put everything into the game and test it for a few weeks. But then!.. It's gonna be there. The stuff everyone suggested like item comparison still need some work, but maybe they'll get into the next patch as well. Also, some new reactions to your actions like suggested above might get added if there's time, but that won't be the last patch anyhow, so there's still as much time as we want.
There's also something really cool happening to our ratings. I really don't want to jinx it, but I also want to show it off while it's still there.
upload_2021-11-30_18-31-1.png

I won't even waste too many words describing how happy and appreciative we are for this, because it's pretty hard to describe. Just wow! Crazy! It will go down someday of course, but damn, the fact it for once reached such a number is mind boggling.
Also I spent this weekend replaying System Shock 2, and I got reverse nostalgia glasses for it. It turned out, I loved it more this time, than I ever did the first time I played it back in my school days. I lived that game for two days and I enjoyed every second of it, while previously I found some areas and quests irritating. Now I really want to make a System Shock themed dungeon for a future Trudograd patch, even though I know I'll fail at it.
Well that's all from me now.
More info soon!

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Look at the martial arts abilities Dodge Master and Adapter for example. The description says you get points in "evasion". But that's the same as dodge right?

Cool! It's always nice with extended reactivity to your actions.

My remaining two questions:
1) Does companions use aimed shots? The reason I ask is to figure out whether it's worth it to spend points in aimed shot abilities for companions.
2) Can you have more than 12 action points or is there a limit?

I dunno if this this been posted yet but it's relevant to the codex:

dY8nmhl.jpg

jMKmuiF.jpg

This made me laugh so hard:
I ended up killing all the vigilantes so that I could collect the money the hostage owed to the pimp, even though I sympathised with them.
4gv1v2O.jpg

A missed opportunity with the cheese vendor imho. Why couldn't the vendor be a little bit more obnoxious like in a certain game?
m7SnES5.jpg

jackofshadows

Magister
How do you have 12? If "base" 10 + combat drug then you can take perk for +1 and double bonus from drugs one. I had 15 with those. Apparently that's a limit.
A missed opportunity with the cheese vendor imho. Why couldn't the vendor be a little bit more obnoxious like in a certain game?
The last thing this game need is annoying reference to an extremely annoying game.

As for aimed shots and companions - I'm not sure but I don't think they use them.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
do the paper journalist show up in trugrodad? the one in kraznovzanamenny that ask for 500 paper and if they have special dialogue if you managed to collect that much

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Alright. I'm supposed to meet a police officer for an undercover raid on the warehouse at the docks. He said to meet him outside the smugglers den but I can't find it. The quest is sorted under the docks in the journal. So maybe on the ship then?

Edit: Please Atomboy help me! I can't find Kandalsky and his men outside the Smugglers Den. And we need to take down the Honest People.

Last edited:

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Alright. I'm supposed to meet a police officer for an undercover raid on the warehouse at the docks. He said to meet him outside the smugglers den but I can't find it. The quest is sorted under the docks in the journal. So maybe on the ship then?

Edit: Please Atomboy help me! I can't find Kandalsky and his men outside the Smugglers Den. And we need to take down the Honest People.
It';s a warehouse in the docks! Near the brothel.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Look at the martial arts abilities Dodge Master and Adapter for example. The description says you get points in "evasion". But that's the same as dodge right?

Cool! It's always nice with extended reactivity to your actions.

My remaining two questions:
1) Does companions use aimed shots? The reason I ask is to figure out whether it's worth it to spend points in aimed shot abilities for companions.

I dunno if this this been posted yet but it's relevant to the codex:

dY8nmhl.jpg

jMKmuiF.jpg

This made me laugh so hard:
I ended up killing all the vigilantes so that I could collect the money the hostage owed to the pimp, even though I sympathised with them.
4gv1v2O.jpg

m7SnES5.jpg
Sorry I left you hanging for so long. I can't picture a way to get more AP than that, though we never made a cap, perhaps using everything AP-giving at once can squeeze out something, but I can't think of a way atm. As for aimed shots, they use aimed shots if the weapon is capable, and if you manually point out a target, and if they can do it. But they don't prefer them in usual combat, because they want to waste less AP usually.

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron

It';s a warehouse in the docks! Near the brothel.
Thanks man. However they are not there. I took a trip to the pirate island in between. Maybe that bugged something out?

E: I have to find an earlier save I guess. However I do believe there's a potential bugg here because I can't find them where we are supposed to meet.

E2: God do I feel stupid? I reloaded the game and found them. t could have been that they were out of view because of the isometric camera angle. I rotated it now and the were there.

Last edited:

jackofshadows

Magister
No, there's plenty of changes: dr increase, crit damage resistance increase, sneak/dodge/pickpocket decrease and some more. Not to mention the looks. That doesn't have anything to do with the modules though.

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Could my game be bugged? I upgraded the armor once for 10k but I still don't have the dash ability. I'm at the bunker test site now and I can't bump through the barrels because I don't have dash. What do you think?

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
The modules are separate items to be bought (from the armorer) or found. They include PA exclusive weapons, like the hand drill (?) , anti-materiel rifle and grenade launcher. I don't recall where the dash is available.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Finally started trudograd..
It was a year ago so I don't remember how ATOM looked but would you say that there's a graphical difference between it and Trudograd? I'm still playing Trudograd and to me it looks absolutely stunning.
Atom looks closer to ps2 or early 360 game, trudograd looks absolutely stunning in comparison. The terrain, objects, architecture, etc are so much detailed. Also trudograd have great soundtracks while base atom's music is just there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom