Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Auction House Online: The Game (Diablo 3) is a MASSIVE decline

CSM

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The RMAH will kill whatever soul D3 has.

PUG boss raids will require a minimum gear score just like in WoW, forcing players to use the RMAH to meet the minimum acceptable gear score. It's times like these when I embrace the possibility of outgrowing gaming. If this is the future of PC gaming, I don't want any part of it.
There isn't anything like a gear score, nor do you get to choose who joins your game.

aris

Arcane
Is it just me, or has they ramped up the difficulty a little bit since the open beta weekend? In one of the early bosses, I think it was the captain of the guards or something, there was a regular frost nova attack, and king leoric seemed tougher. I've also been very close to dying on several occasions. Dunno if it is true, but in that case, MASSIVE :incline:
People butthurting about not being able to connect for 5 minutes. Goes to metacritic and gives it a score of 0. Hurray for self discipline.

Black

Arcane
Eurotrash report in!
Managed to play slightly past skelly king, no lags, no errors, had to use a potion or two!
Scrubwave#2915, playing a wizard.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
People butthurting about not being able to connect for 5 minutes. Goes to metacritic and gives it a score of 0. Hurray for self discipline.

Perhaps they didn't realize they were paying Blizzard for a lesson in restaint?

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
After all this time I still get embarrassed by characters saying "Diablo" while all the other super devils of Hell have cool names from antiquity.

joeydohn

Savant
After all this time I still get embarrassed by characters saying "Diablo" while all the other super devils of Hell have cool names from antiquity.

The way they pronounce Belial (Bell-Isle) annoys me, it doesn't sound demonic at all.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Ok I finished it on Normal with a Barbarian (level 31).
I was very disappointed by the last act, but other than that... quite good. I was never bored, at least. That's more than I can say of Diablo 2 (fucking Act III, man).

Hopefully Nightmare is not just higher difficulty on monsters, but also bigger dungeon levels.

BTW didn't get a single drop better than rare quality...

EDIT: And now login servers are down? Can't log in :D

Multi-headed Cow

Anyone got a guest pass I could bum off 'em? Apparently only comes in retail copies, and my clickingbros all went downloadable.

Can't install from DVD because lolrandom.

The first time I downloaded an installer it didn't work. The second time the downloader went apeshit at 100% download and it didn't work, but the third time might be the charm, it's 44% and it looks like it, by God's mercy, might install.

The last time I have had such trouble installing a game is with Daggerfall which couldn't detect my hard drive or something.

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
I like dungeon siege 3 better because character building is much more intelligent.

This game is far too streamlined, targetted at the WoW crowd, offers very little in the way of choices and is far too reliant on loot and equipment upgrades.

Good thing I'm not the one who bought it. :smug:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Last thing I heard here about DS3 was about becoming dumber just from playing for half hour. I wonder...

damicore

Augur

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
So this game takes place ten years after the ending of LOD, does that mean to know what happened since they you have to buy some tie-in novel?

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Is it just me, or has they ramped up the difficulty a little bit since the open beta weekend? In one of the early bosses, I think it was the captain of the guards or something, there was a regular frost nova attack, and king leoric seemed tougher. I've also been very close to dying on several occasions. Dunno if it is true, but in that case, MASSIVE :incline:
Yes, level progress has been slowed and difficulty in general is higher. Playing as a Wizard I'm actually having to use potions when I go up against boss-type monsters, and spells like Arcane Orb are no longer complete instawin.

Game still feels slow next to Torchlight II though.

One thing - has anyone figured out what the "elective mode" in the options does?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom