Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Auction House Online: The Game (Diablo 3) is a MASSIVE decline

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

Multi-headed Cow

Get guest pass from Padre, download game, wait for servers to supposedly come back up, try to log in, THIS ACCOUNT DOESN'T HAVE DIABLO 3 ON IT. I google!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5008270809?page=1

YOU CANNOT PLAY ON EUROPE'S SERVERS if you're not in Europe. Global play is not enabled yet, and you're obviously trying to log-in from elsewhere.

You fail, your thread fails, your call for blue fails.

/failthread
So despite Blizzard saying the game was region free it apparently isn't, and since I'm kwa and got a euro guest pass I can't use it. Only thing that would make this cooler is if having a euro guest pass craps up a US cd key so I can't play the full game!

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
So uh, how do I make a private game for me and my bros?
Do I make a new character, then open game for the public? Will I be able to set a password?

joeydohn

Savant
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5051765311#1

Might be different for the guest pass but all I did to play on US servers (I'm from Europe with an eu bnet/d3 account I assume) was change the region in options. All characters are region specific though which is pretty shit, especially as I know a lot of Americans from Eve.

Video games have made it so that people are now dropping $60 for something that "might work."

Why can't I brofist this?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Video games have made it so that people are now dropping $60 for something that "might work."
Jaesun's Best Post Ever

Bronze it, slap it up on a marble slab inside the Smithsonian. This is the climax of the decline.
But it's nothing new. You could say the same thing about when New Vegas came out, a game that crashed or barely worked for many people. Come on, people. Be fair and just; don't judge based on preconceptions.

People have bought games on release for a long time; and there's often been bugs and problems at that time. It's nothing new and it'll be always be this way. That's just how it works. I remember buying Gothic 2 on release and being unable to play it because of the many bugs until they fixed the worst of them.

I am just trying to tell you that this is not one lick different.

... besides, the game works just fine. There's been some maintenance and there's one bad (easily avoidable) bug that I know of. Nothing unexpected by anyone sane.

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
4 hours played , 1/3 of act 2 .

Game feels and plays like diablo 2. I don't know what all the retards on metacritic complain about, that you cannot give a stat point on level up ? bitch please...... i would end up with min-max build anyway. That there is no identification? With the fuckin huge load of loot i would spenda extra 2 hours just identifying everything.

Skills are same like diablo 2 - just think of this way, instead of spending 20 points on something and figuring out you don't like it or it is useless and you cannot do anything with it, you get skills per level and can choose them as you want. You can have max 6 skills and YES you can have any ones you want, this means that the skills are not 'locked' onto the bar. You can have all 6 skills from the same school if you see fit, just enable in the options 'elective' mode.

Diablo 2 was never diablo 1 anyway. Diablo 2 already was WoW.

Multi-headed Cow

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5051765311#1

Might be different for the guest pass but all I did to play on US servers (I'm from Europe with an eu bnet/d3 account I assume) was change the region in options. All characters are region specific though which is pretty shit, especially as I know a lot of Americans from Eve.

Why can't I brofist this?
Ugggggh. Thanks for this, but my mind is blown that Blizzard region locked the guest passes. I mean what the fuck?
Super disappointing too since characters/items won't carry over when I go back to kwa servers whenever I get the full game and play with my bros.

Edit: Amazingly enough one bro bought retail. Bummed a guest pass off him, added it, was able to join kwa server, couldn't join game in-progress due to being guest pass character and game crashed as soon as I tried to create a game.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Meh, isn't that the joy of being a PC gamer? :smug:

the joy of being a PC gamer is being able to play quality console and handheld games with the convenience of savestates, crisp HD graphics, user mods and multitasking

Executer

Phrenologist
Project: Eternity
Company I pre-ordered from has gone into administration, looks like I'll be avoiding D3 afterall since it was hardly worth paying once for. I'll pick up Torchlight 2 or Grim Dawn if I need a click fix, atleast it won't cost $60.

Stabwound

Arcane
Company I pre-ordered from has gone into administration, looks like I'll be avoiding D3 afterall since it was hardly worth paying once for. I'll pick up Torchlight 2 or Grim Dawn if I need a click fix, atleast it won't cost $60.
I'm assuming you're talking about GAME in Australia?

If so, Blizzard will reimburse you for a digital copy of the game: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5007290816#1

Pretty damn cool of them, but then again what GAME did was furiously shitty.

Executer

Phrenologist
Project: Eternity
That is nice of them, it's also nice that Blizzard isn't actually seeing any of my money after the refund either, who would have thought that GAME going into administration could create such incline?

CSM

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Also, am I the only one who thinks those class-specific videos in between story events are... really pointless? They don't look especially nice, and they convey the exact same information that's in the game dialogue - sometimes even two seconds before-hand. YES, GAME, I KNOW THAT I JUST KILLED THE SKELETON KING, THANKS. How stupid do they think their players are? Do they really think that people who skip all the dialogue won't skip their boring storybook cinematics as well?
I actually enjoyed those. Your character was never really involved in the storyline in the previous two Diablo's. I like that the'vey actually added dialogue for your character this time, and even bother to make cutscenes for every individual class and gender.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I wouldn't mind if the dialogue wasn't so horribly written. Some of the lines don't even fit together properly, probably because they ran out of ways to rephrase "I will do that" one too many times. The plot holes and disrespect for lore also aren't really a great trade in my opinion. They really improved the presentation of the storytelling, but the story itself isn't especially good, and it actually ends up being kind of a liability because it just draws even more attention to all the problems inherent in the plot or setting that you could shrug off before in simpler times.

CSM

Cipher
Patron
Skills are same like diablo 2 - just think of this way, instead of spending 20 points on something and figuring out you don't like it or it is useless and you cannot do anything with it, you get skills per level and can choose them as you want. You can have max 6 skills and YES you can have any ones you want, this means that the skills are not 'locked' onto the bar. You can have all 6 skills from the same school if you see fit, just enable in the options 'elective' mode.
Played Diablo 2 again last week, and I'm glad they got rid of that horribly broken piece of shit skill system. The new system allows you to experiment and have fun, without having to restart your character 50 times to test them.

CSM

Cipher
Patron
I wouldn't mind if the dialogue wasn't so horribly written. Some of the lines don't even fit together properly, probably because they ran out of ways to rephrase "I will do that" one too many times. The plot holes and disrespect for lore also aren't really a great trade in my opinion. They really improved the presentation of the storytelling, but the story itself isn't especially good, and it actually ends up being kind of a liability because it just draws even more attention to all the problems inherent in the plot or setting that you could shrug off before in simpler times.
Yup, the story, dialogue, and lore is much expanded, which is a huge improvement. But it's pretty awful.

Best to put your brain in Michael Bay mode if you're listening to any of that stuff.

Raapys

Arcane
Played Diablo 2 again last week, and I'm glad they got rid of that horribly broken piece of shit skill system. The new system allows you to experiment and have fun, without having to restart your character 50 times to test them.
Yep, consequences suck. Hopefully by Diablo4 we'll also get all the items and equipment in the game added to our storage as we level.

On a less sarcastic note, is crafting any useful?

M0RBUS

Augur
I just wanna give my 5 cents about D3.

Been enjoying it a lot today. Highlight is definitely the skill system and the combat system, which is great in normal difficulty, I can only imagine how awesome it's going to be in Inferno.

Lowlights are the plot (which is terribly poor, as expected) and the level design. The level design is not bad at all, it's just not Diablo. It's much closer to Torchlight or Titan Quest than Diablo, and I think that sucks a bit. Well, not all maps are like that, there's still plenty of very Diablo-y maps in there, but about 50% only.

And yeah, the writing is pretty sucky. I don't pay much attention to it, that's not what the game's about, and it shows.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Since I have acess to a fast and steady internet connection without volume/bandwith restrictions for the next weeks, I wanted to try out the demo to see how the game plays. Still extremely butthurt about the game being 3d and with fluffy graphics, but meh. Does anyone have a spare guest pass? :o

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
It's a lot of fun with a friend; I am having fun.

The plot is terrible. The level design is...

You know, it's exactly what Morbus said. It's 50% Torchboring and 50% Diablo.

I don't see it getting boring for a long time.

Edit: Though that's hard to say. It depends on how much variation there will be in the environs.

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
I'm actually glad they took the time to add a bit more narrative into the plot, even if it is not other than generic writing quality.

So far (end of act 1), it's fun, yet casual, which was the absolute best you could hope for in a Blizzard game. I wish the game had Obsidian-style optimal-friendly character builds, though, but it's clear that such systems are for more niche "smart" players.

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
I require screencaps of bad writing like what sea mentioned about leoric saying bones a lot

By a lot, sea means once.

Just beat Act I after 6 hours and 10 minutes of playtime. Aside from when I had to go to class, the only time I've been unable to login and play was when they took the servers down for an hour between 2 and 3:15PM PDT.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom