Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Auction House Online: The Game (Diablo 3) is a MASSIVE decline

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
That is, their stories have consistently been schlocky scifi/fantasy pulp that appeals to your inner 12 year old boy.

Which does not in itself imply those stories cannot be measured in a qualitative sense.

And honestly, if you can put yourself in that mindset -- of a 12 year old boy -- Blizzard stories work pretty well as light entertainment.

This is the problem. You can't do that, because the quality of their stories has degenerated significantly since Warcraft 3. There is no mindset you can put yourself into that would allow you to enjoy the sheer retardation contained in those games.

Thane Solus

Arcane
LOGIN IS FINE!

eve-37.jpg

Masters of huge servers and immersion, CCP Games announced in their sever status login screen that the servers are up: "Play EVE. Servers are Up. Login is Fine." Making a reference to the errors codes that Diablo III players experienced (at only 60$) during the game's launch.

source: http://www.mmorpg-center.com/

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
This is the problem. You can't do that, because the quality of their stories has degenerated significantly since Warcraft 3. There is no mindset you can put yourself into that would allow you to enjoy the sheer retardation contained in those games.
That's bullshit. The stories might be generic, but they are not as retarted as you claim. Just don't take the story seriously and enjoy the gameplay. Of course the gameplay is shit, but that's another problem.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
That's bullshit. The stories might be generic, but they are not as retarted as you claim.

Yes they fucking are, what are you retarded? And not only the story, but the writing and characters are beyond demented.

Just don't take the story seriously and enjoy the gameplay. Of course the gameplay is shit, but that's another problem.

How is the gameplay bad? Its the only redeeming quality of their games, everything else being either shallow or just plain idiotic.

MetalCraze

Arcane
J_C said:
Just don't take the story seriously and enjoy the gameplay. Of course the gameplay is shit, but that's another problem.

Ah GRPGD. Only here can you read a comment so retarded.

begs the question why he isn't a codexer yet.

Because he doesn't need to be a poseur by bashing a game for shit gameplay while enjoying it to prove that he's a bro?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
The gameplay is great for what it is intended to be. It's terrible if you're expecting Knights of the Chalice.

Why are idiots expecting that? It doesn't make sense. You don't go see a Michael Bay movie and expect Tarkovsky.
Of course that's a bad example; you don't go see a Michael Bay movie at all.

MetalCraze

Arcane
I don't deny that Diablo 3 gameplay is great for a very shitty casual game.

But you don't go play a shitty casual game and expect a good gameplay.
Of course that's a bad example; you don't go play a shitty casual game at all.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
So when did Blizzard realize Metzen is a terrible artist and reassign him? Because I kind of wish he was still scribbling instead of acting as the lord of all creative design.

circ

Arcane
The gameplay is great for what it is intended to be. It's terrible if you're expecting Knights of the Chalice.

Why are idiots expecting that? It doesn't make sense. You don't go see a Michael Bay movie and expect Tarkovsky.
Of course that's a bad example; you don't go see a Michael Bay movie at all.
What the fuck? You just keep bringing this shit up. I confess, I haven't played D3. I thought 1 and 2 were shit so I have no interest to waste time with this. Nox was good. Can't remember why people kept ignoring it in favor of D2. Consequently when I think back on RTS games like SC or WC, those aren't the ones I remember and maybe consider playing again. I think of actual good stuff like CoH, C&C, AoE. Blizzard is shit. But let's get back on topic. Just in that very video TB says how the response is more impressive allround in TL2. Loot is more impressive, and so on. In this very thread someone prefers the look of TF2 to D3. How is this not justifiable critique or something? Maybe in your opinion, having an opinion on something shouldn't be exercised just because you have that right. You're like one of those guys that go - if you don't like America, go live in Russia.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
You have to go in queue for SINGLE player in Diablo3?

MuL1t.png

Trolling by Blizzard?

Kraszu

Prophet
I actually prefer less empic loot, in Diablo you often use the same ring amulet that you had found very early on for the span of the whole game, even weapons aren't changed that often, in Torchlight you were finding better loot every 30minutes so it wasn't exciting.

Stabwound

Arcane
The always online shit is indefensible, but I'm not sure why people keep bringing it up over and over as though it's some new and horrible discovery about the game.

Oh wait, it's just Whisper, still parroting the same shit a month later.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
The always online shit is indefensible, but I'm not sure why people keep bringing it up over and over as though it's some new and horrible discovery about the game.

Oh wait, it's just Whisper, still parroting the same shit a month later.

Isn't that breaking rule #7?
:smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom