Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Auction House Online: The Game (Diablo 3) is a MASSIVE decline

The servers being down for an hour every three or four days on the first month (even if it clearly shows that Blizzard are sloppy and treat their customers like cattle) won't stop the game from being played intensely at least for the seven years to come and becoming a landmark on its own.

I give it half a year before it's forgotten by all but the most die hard blizztards.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
And what's the difference? Even in D2 SP played like an MMO-lite and exactly the same as MP - death as slap on the wrist, lack of persistency, repeatedly raiding prime fucking evils for phat lewt.

-Which is why I never kept a close eye on this pile of shit to begin with.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Contrary to Diablo 2, you're using 6 skills at once, not 1

Iraqi information minister, is that you?
well, you are using 6 skills. maybe not "at once", but you sure as hell want to make sure every skill on your bar is useful when you're at higher difficulties.
2 mouse buttons and 1-4, +Q for health pots. I assume casters have a hotkey for mana pots as well.

I'm now running the later part of act 3 over and over for loot. hit a roadblock in act 4. so far I've had 3 roadblocks: act 2 nightmare, act 2 hell (major), act 4 hell.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver

86nBS.gif

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
here's my barbarian clown, Knirps (named after the manufacturer of my umbrella):
fvJNK.jpg

circ

Arcane
How can you not get a migraine from all those flashing colors? And it's apparently the same in other levels too, not just in MLP land. It's like the producer showed the coders some 90's shmups and said I WANT THAT. ONLY. MAKE IT 100 TIMES MORE AWESOME. Am I supposed to think bigger and more colorful stuff equals more amazing? Games are not only playing like acting in Michael Bay movies these days, they're going to look like them too?

DraQ

Arcane
And what's the difference? Even in D2 SP played like an MMO-lite and exactly the same as MP - death as slap on the wrist, lack of persistency, repeatedly raiding prime fucking evils for phat lewt.

Well, I kept my eye on it to ensure that in an unlikely case of combining D1 awesome with some of D2 refinements I'd know, but Activision, horrible art direction, moar derpy MMO shit AND always online DRM?

I'd have to be a complete moron to buy that.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.

Well, I kept my eye on it to ensure that in an unlikely case of combining D1 awesome with some of D2 refinements I'd know, but Activision, horrible art direction, moar derpy MMO shit AND always online DRM?

- The worst part about it is if the game does well enough financially, OTHER companies will follow suit.

Honestly, I hope this obsession these companies have with DRM and on-line DRM causes another video game industry crash.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
here's my barbarian clown, Knirps (named after the manufacturer of my umbrella):
fvJNK.jpg
You Photoshopped your WoW character into that, right? Right? Level 80 Tauren Chieftain? :(

I give it half a year before it's forgotten by all but the most die hard blizztards.
Have to agree. The game is fun but unless I really, really wanted to grind achievements, the progression is way too fast and the game is too linear etc. for me to really care that long. I mean, what's the point? You beat the game on the hardest difficulty, you already have a maxed-out character and crazy high-level gear, why keep playing? Balance patches that required people to rebuild characters kept Diablo II going a long time. The only way Blizzard can do that now is with frequent expansions to extend the game further ($10 for 10 levels!!1).

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture

Well, by that logic you should have bought hundreds of copies.
:smug:

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Because a huge bunch of retards bought this game and are as happy with their decision as only retards can be.

And this includes quite a few "prestigious" codexers in this very thread.

Thanks to all who buy this game - i am pretty sure more and more new titles will have such feature as waiting in queue to play single player game or dying in lag in single play.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Don't you need to buy a new copy after your forum ban, or is it just a Steam?

joeydohn

Savant
So? Where did I say that inferno will be unbeatable or that it should be?

Inferno that was supposed to take months per Blizzard estimates, is almost finished in 3 days.

I'm pretty sure that was a bet between the employees at Blizzard only, you know the guys that work for a living and don't have the luxury of playing a game for 72+ consecutive hours.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Steam forum accounts (and support accounts) aren't linked to your main account at all. You can get banned from the Steam forums as often as you like. I also doubt Blizzard are stupid enough to equate a forum ban to locking players out of games entirely, although who knows at this point.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
If they though so - they are even more silly than D3 target audience.

Because is it that hard to figure that not limiting res'es during boss battles, with that res'es being done very fast - will trivialize boss battles content? Just keep chain-res each other and you will win.

And beauty of it - they cant remove reses during boss battles, because casuals will complain and they cant allow this happen. So boss battles will be broken by res mechanic. So much for challenging difficulty and depth of combat.

If they though so - they are even more silly than D3 target audience.

Because is it that hard to figure that not limiting res'es during boss battles, with that res'es being done very fast - will trivialize boss battles content? Just keep chain-res each other and you will win.

And beauty of it - they cant remove reses during boss battles, because casuals will complain and they cant allow this happen. So boss battles will be broken by res mechanic. So much for challenging difficulty and depth of combat.

Well you won't ever play the game so why the fuck do you care? Jesus, you know more about the resurrection mechanics than I do and I actually PLAY the game.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Steam forum accounts (and support accounts) aren't linked to your main account at all. You can get banned from the Steam forums as often as you like. I also doubt Blizzard are stupid enough to equate a forum ban to locking players out of games entirely, although who knows at this point.
Steam support stopped disabling Steam accounts a bit more than two months ago. This has been replaced with account locking: you still have access to your games, but some restrictions are applied to your account (no trading, no cd key activation, no purchase allowed, etc.)
It looks like Steam moved into less problematic solution...

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
My name is Deckard Cain and I come from Tristram, if you're looking for Diablo, you just missed him.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Steam support stopped disabling Steam accounts a bit more than two months ago. This has been replaced with account locking: you still have access to your games, but some restrictions are applied to your account (no trading, no cd key activation, no purchase allowed, etc.)
It looks like Steam moved into less problematic solution...
Huh. I had no idea they were doing this. Seems odd that they could given that the accounts aren't necessarily linked in any way. I've been banned from the Steam forums before and certainly never saw any such repercussions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom