Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime [AUTISM WARNING] Ciri's hair color.

What is Ciri's (book canon) hair color?

• Total voters

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Why the hell is it white?

The word used to describe it is "popielate", which translates to ashen. In Poland it's usually used to describe a type of blonde hair. In english it would be something like bright mousy blonde.
Before Witcher 3 was a thing, in all fanart and official book cover art, Ciri simply had blonde hair.

Or maybe you can treat the word "popielaty" literally and give her literal ashen gray hair.

But not fuckin' white.

Here's some rough early concepts from some Witcher 3 artbook:
sdJCxfk.jpeg

Whew. I really needed to vent my frustrations about this totally super important thing.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
The fact that poles care so much about a mediocre, run of the mill 90s heroic fantasy, really shows the shallowness of their culture. Not that Russian one is much better, that's not what this is about. It just makes me cringe whenever I see it. You should really mention it less often, preferably never again.

Codex Year of the Donut
The fact that poles care so much about a mediocre, run of the mill 90s heroic fantasy, really shows the shallowness of their culture. Not that Russian one is much better, that's not what this is about. It just makes me cringe whenever I see it. You should really mention it less often, preferably never again.
I did a DNA test on FTDNA.

Guess what? I have zilch russian genes. I can't fucking believe it, but it's true.

cd22a6a30022afc97f0502503aed7eeb.png

What surprises me most:
- Zero Russian genes. Can I even be a Vatnik? It's like that movie where a neonazi learns that he's a Jew (with Ryan Gosling).

- 61% Eastern Europe which is defined as mostly Poles and Eastern Germans. Well the German thing could be explained by some forced seks during WW2 I guess... Either that, or I'm just a fucking Pole (???).

- Finland 14%, Scandiniavia 6%. Viking shit, nice.

- 10% Jew. Pls don't comment.

- 7% Cockroach??? WHAT THE FUCK. I solemnly swear not to belittle the cockroach gentlemen from now on.

Also, I ran the genome through a health database. I got a few occasional increased risks of this and that,.. but for the prostate cancer, I have like 10+ genes that each increases prostate cancer risk significantly. I'm basically guaranteed to die from prostate cancer.

Hagashager

Educated
She's described in the books very plainly as having Ashen hair. I assumed it was meant to be a shade of grey and give her a gramma look, partly adding to her ethereal quality.

The in-game depiction makes her look like an anime character.

gaussgunner

Arcane
Ash tree, yeah. "Ashen" could also mean like the ashes of burned wood, but not "ashen hair".
I meant ashes when I wrote that. To my memory, ash, especially fresh ash always has a hint of beige/gold to it.
I have ash in my stove right here. It's gray, bro.

Ash wood is characteristically very "blonde", more of a white-ish blonde than a golden blonde:

Ash_Table_by_Ben_Barclay.jpg

I have ash in my stove right here. It's gray, bro.
Ah, what the hell... Since this thread is tagged autism, here I go.

Okay, but I linked a picture of ash that is not strictly capital G "grey". I acknowledge that ash can be Grey, often Grey even, but that's not how my mind pictures it at all times. When someone says ash colored, I'm thinking of the color of the ashes I gave as an example. For others, they might picture the color of the ashes in your stove and I'd not argue. I'm aware that ash wood is a light blonde color, but when we say Ash, and especially "ashen" we're talking something closer to grey than to yellow, where if it was the other way around we might say "flaxen". Anyway, the word(s) is referring to the ash of a fire, not the species of tree, even though by coincidence both can be fairly close in color.

As A dev, I'd have chosen the top row, third from the left. Close enough to grey, while still seeming like a natural, undyed hair color for a young woman to have been born with.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
is her bush also white
Yes

Nah, Ciri is naturally bald down there. Or maybe she always keep it that way so no one knows for sure.

Who the f..k cares!?
I nominate this thread to "Most autistic and nerdy thread of 2022" A late entry to this year's race but not without chances.

Kudos for that Heavy Metal fragment though! A better fantasy than the whole Sapkowski's Witcher. And not because of this nude scene. At least not only because of it. :smug:

Frozen

Arcane
Don't be so judgmental woman has a right to change her mind.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom