Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Avowed - Obsidian's first person action-RPG in the Pillars of Eternity setting - coming November 12th(?)

Tenebris

Scholar
They somehow showed more without showing anything. Still looks like garbage.

frajaq

Erudite
you know by current Western Gaming Female standards she doesnt look that bad

KUVlwbU.png

or am I just coping because I want this game to be good?

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Me last year: I wish the universe would give me a small sign that I should continue working on RPGs.

Me now: Okay, that's enough.

Vulpes

Scholar

Better, Codex?

Only because Dragon Age and Fable lowered the standards.

KUVlwbU.png

If her nose wasn't that big, she'd be a 7/10. Certainly better than most of the other female characters shown during the Xbox presentation

jf8350143

Liturgist
It's suppose to come out this fall and there is still no releasing date.

My bet is they are gonna delay it to next year.

Also 4 companions? For a game where you can bring 2 companions with you? That's pathetic Obsidian.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2024/06/09/avowed-story-companion-xbox-games-showcase-2024/

Avowed: Learn About the Story and a New Companion​

• Carrie Patel & The Avowed Team

The last few months at Obsidian Entertainment have been fast-paced and exciting. Since we saw you at the Xbox Developer_Direct this past January, we’ve been busy with Avowed, getting it ready for release in 2024. Today, we’re thrilled to have revealed our first-ever story trailer at Xbox Games Showcase 2024, and to talk with you more about what we’ve shared.

Screen_Environment_Plaza-22d3f7cfd80bc261ce16.jpg

In Avowed, as the envoy sent directly by the Aedyran emperor, your adventure kicks off in Paradis, the bustling port city at the heart of the Living Lands. This vibrant hub has been shaped and reshaped by generations of pioneers, each leaving their mark, often in blood, on the Living Lands. It’s also the epicenter of tension between Aedyran forces and the locals, who are suspicious of Aedyr’s growing presence.

Screen_Environment_Shroom-fdbc0ec63f2becfd6950.jpg

Rumors and hysteria have also begun to bubble up in Paradis surrounding the Dreamscourge – a mysterious plague of the soul – as it afflicts people, animals, and even the land itself. No one knows how it spreads, but many have come to recognize and dread the symptoms: first, victims experience confusion, disorientation, and hallucinations. As it worsens, they become unpredictable and erratic in their behavior, as if trapped in a waking nightmare. In the final stage, they turn into violent “Dreamthralls,” their bodies twisted with fungal growths and their minds and souls overtaken by the plague.

Screen_Combat_Bear-9b2be09ce7d6defe35ea.jpg

Watching our newest trailer, you’ll hear three distinct voices speaking to you. First is your emperor, who believes the Dreamscourge could develop, if unchecked, into a dire threat to Aedyr. He sends you into this wild frontier to uncover the source of the plague and put an end to it. Inquisitor Lödwyn, the leader of the Steel Garrote – an extremist paladin order from Aedyr – believes there’s something more sinister at play and calls on you not only to eradicate the Dreamscourge, but also to bring the island’s unruly factions to heel. Meanwhile, your companion Giatta perceives a larger and more mysterious force at work in the land and urges you to embrace it in all of its awe and chaos. As a stranger to these shores, you’ll need to navigate your relationship with all three of these factions, work to uncover the source of the Dreamscourge and prevent it from plunging the Living Lands into madness.

Screen_Companions-b0d48323b4b3d6dc9918.jpg

Supporting you on your journey are four companions, including Giatta. A brilliant and outspoken animancer who studies soul energy, she has endured suspicion and ire for her work. But like you, she desperately seeks a solution to the Dreamscourge. She’s a vital ally who will help you understand the unique metaphysical ecosystem of the Living Lands.

But remember, the Dreamscourge is not the only thing you are up against. Tensions simmer between the locals and Aedyr, and the island itself seems to be rebelling against itself.

Screen_Environment_Crystal-8d80f235918e587fdec2.jpg

Every choice you make could tip the balance of fate toward one faction or the other. Who will you align with? Who will you destroy? And who will ultimately control the Living Lands?

Avowed will be released in 2024 for Xbox Series X|S, Windows PC, Steam and cloud, or play it day one with Xbox Game Pass.

BrainMuncher

Educated
The tone of the trailer does not match what the tone of the game will be. The trailer tries to portray some sort of intense epic spectacle where the game will be a plodding adventure. That why it seems so bad, because it's out of touch with reality, and comes across almost as unintentional satire.

Yoomazir

Educated

KUVlwbU.png

Her lips are made for sucking.

Graphics seem slightly more polished and... did I spot a 3rd person camera moment in the trailer?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Four companions is one fewer than The Outer Worlds (SAM is not a full-fledged companion) so either they'll be far more reactive the way Chris Avellone likes it or they really had to cut this thing to the bone to ship. :P

RepHope

Savant
If it comes out after DA4 I actually think it might benefit by comparison. The trailer was more interesting than what DA4 showed, but I’m baffled at how unambitious this game appears to be. This seems on par with Greedfall in terms of scope, not at all what you’d expect from an AAA studio that was given MS money.
Four companions is one fewer than The Outer Worlds (SAM is not a full-fledged companion) so either they'll be far more reactive the way Chris Avellone likes it or they really had to cut this thing to the bone to ship. :P
I don’t understand how they could shit the bed this hard. What the hell happened while Parker was running the show?

Quillon

Arcane
Better than the new DA trailer because they're at least confident enough in their game to take it seriously, but it still feels like they're in a mid-off with Bioware
the gaym's so uninteresting people doesn't even bother to shit on it: barely 1 page of posts since trailer vs shitfest DA thread

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom