Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
“If there was something for the original Baldur’s Gate that just doesn’t mesh for modern day gamers like the sexism, [we tried to address that],” said writer Amber Scott. “In the original there’s a lot of jokes at women’s expense. Or if not a lot, there’s a couple, like Safana was just a sex object in BG 1, and Jaheira was the nagging wife and that was played for comedy. We were able to say, ‘No, that’s not really the kind of story we want to make.’ In Siege of Dragonspear, Safana gets her own little storyline, she got a way better personality upgrade. If people don’t like that, then too bad.”

What a warped view of the few lines/interactions of BG1 NPCs. Also, "THERE WERE A LOT! ... okay a couple ..." :lol: .

“In [Obsidian’s] Pillars of Eternity, they told me about all these gods and these things that are going on, and I’m just getting hammered with lore,” he added. “I’m like, ‘Dude, I just want to get in and start learning about this world.’ Whereas D&D, I have all that knowledge and if I want some more knowledge I can just go on the internet or pop open a rule book. To me, that’s just the power that D&D has that crafting your own stuff from scratch just cannot have.”

Odd. Shouldn't it be like "I just want to start playing/dealing with current issues" if he doesn't like being introduced to a new setting. If using an old setting there would be no "get in and start learning about this world", because you'd already know.

Unwanted

Fitz

Unwanted
“If there was something for the original Baldur’s Gate that just doesn’t mesh for modern day gamers like the sexism, [we tried to address that],” said writer Amber Scott. “In the original there’s a lot of jokes at women’s expense. Or if not a lot, there’s a couple, like Safana was just a sex object in BG 1, and Jaheira was the nagging wife and that was played for comedy.
God forbid someone laughs at a womyn even once. :roll: Men can be the butt of jokes at any given time but if you have a vajina it's not OK.

Additionally Safana was depicted as manipulative and "empowered" just in a sex-positive way in the first game. Jaheira being the overbearing wife to the stuttering cuck husband also doesn't strike me as something pinkos would disapprove of.

Hegel

Arcane
Not going to play this game, but I'll buy to show my support.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
“If there was something for the original Baldur’s Gate that just doesn’t mesh for modern day gamers like the sexism, [we tried to address that],” said writer Amber Scott. “In the original there’s a lot of jokes at women’s expense. Or if not a lot, there’s a couple, like Safana was just a sex object in BG 1, and Jaheira was the nagging wife and that was played for comedy.
God forbid someone laughs at a womyn even once. :roll: Men can be the butt of jokes at any given time but if you have a vajina it's not OK.

Additionally Safana was depicted as manipulative and "empowered" just in a sex-positive way in the first game. Jaheira being the overbearing wife to the stuttering cuck husband also doesn't strike me as something pinkos would disapprove of.

Is Khalid the first cuck manlet in video games?

ArchAngel

Arcane

Is Khalid the first cuck manlet in video games?
"J-Jaheira!N-Nooo!" - when Jaheira dies.
So yea.

Jaheira says something like she will kill him again if he dies. :D

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Yo Khalid just chill over there bro.. Me and Jaheira gonna check out this cave.
U-u-u-uhmm but that's my w--
KHALID.. Bro.. Just chill okay?

I usually kill Khalid off and then kick him out of my group.
His stat distribution is complete shit and I can't disband him alive without losing my waifu.

EDIT:
MFW you come across Khalid's dissected body and then 10 minutes later you and Jaheira are in love. :smug:

Hegel

Arcane
Jaheira is a terrible NPC though. It might be useful in early BGII for her elemetals and the cheap resurrect, but the evil druid in the forest is much better.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Jaheira is a terrible NPC though. It might be useful in early BGII for her elemetals and the cheap resurrect, but the evil druid in the forest is much better.

She's much more useful in BG1. I struggle to justify her spot in BG2.. but gotta have my waifu.

EDIT:
Misread what you meant until I read Infinitrons post. Fuck Faldorn.

Has anybody ever used Faldorn? I wonder what she says when you import her into BG:SoD.

What do you mean import her?

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Has anybody ever used Faldorn? I wonder what she says when you import her into BG:SoD.

Hegel

Arcane
She was a good NPC, shame you'll have to kill her (or charm her in a modded game thus breaking the druid vs druid contest) to finish Trademeet

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
Faldorn is one of the few I never hired. The three other ones are the couple bard/thief of Baldur's Gate and Yeslick because his name makes me unconfortable.

Hegel

Arcane
Eldoth is supposed to be a jester, that's pretty strong especially if you manage to recruit him at early levels.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
BG1 Has like 1000 thieves.. BG2 has 2.. one is kidnapped and one is killed.
So yea that's the same for me. I don't take Faldorn, The rogue couple.. I usually kill montaron and keep xzar.

Hegel

Arcane
Why kill montaron, he's got to be the best backstabber in the game.

Hegel

Arcane
Fights in early BGI are nasty, even more so in a modded game. Xzar has like 4hp, it's a sure death unless you manage to backstab the mage at the inn or interrupt with a larloch's drain and Montaron adds a huge edge to those fights (the cleric in the mines goes down in 3 hits).

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Fights in early BGI are nasty, even more so in a modded game. Xzar has like 4hp, it's a sure death unless you manage to backstab the mage at the inn or interrupt with a larloch's drain and Montaron adds a huge edge to those fights (the cleric in the mines goes down in 3 hits).

I don't kill him immediately, usually sometime after Nashkel mines.

Ninjerk

Arcane
“If there was something for the original Baldur’s Gate that just doesn’t mesh for modern day gamers like the sexism, [we tried to address that],” said writer Amber Scott. “In the original there’s a lot of jokes at women’s expense. Or if not a lot, there’s a couple, like Safana was just a sex object in BG 1, and Jaheira was the nagging wife and that was played for comedy. We were able to say, ‘No, that’s not really the kind of story we want to make.’ In Siege of Dragonspear, Safana gets her own little storyline, she got a way better personality upgrade. If people don’t like that, then too bad.”

What a warped view of the few lines/interactions of BG1 NPCs. Also, "THERE WERE A LOT! ... okay a couple ..." :lol: .

“In [Obsidian’s] Pillars of Eternity, they told me about all these gods and these things that are going on, and I’m just getting hammered with lore,” he added. “I’m like, ‘Dude, I just want to get in and start learning about this world.’ Whereas D&D, I have all that knowledge and if I want some more knowledge I can just go on the internet or pop open a rule book. To me, that’s just the power that D&D has that crafting your own stuff from scratch just cannot have.”

Odd. Shouldn't it be like "I just want to start playing/dealing with current issues" if he doesn't like being introduced to a new setting. If using an old setting there would be no "get in and start learning about this world", because you'd already know.
"No, the story that you wrote and we bought the rights to is not the kind of story we want to make."
:lol:

Weasel
I'm guessing it's still ok to mock retarded muscle-bound gerbil-molesting men so at least that comedy gold will return :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom