Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
God, you people are such pricks. I don't take on evil companions, only good and neutral ones, and I would never get romantically involved with Jaheira, that just feels so wrong. Instead, like a proper gentleman I mourn Khalid's passing with her, and impregnate the much cuter Aerie (although I do eventually have to leave her and the child to assume my position in the pantheon). Neutral Good FTW, you evil fucks!

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
“If there was something for the original Baldur’s Gate that just doesn’t mesh for modern day gamers like the sexism, [we tried to address that],” said writer Amber Scott. “In the original there’s a lot of jokes at women’s expense. Or if not a lot, there’s a couple, like Safana was just a sex object in BG 1, and Jaheira was the nagging wife and that was played for comedy. We were able to say, ‘No, that’s not really the kind of story we want to make.’ In Siege of Dragonspear, Safana gets her own little storyline, she got a way better personality upgrade. If people don’t like that, then too bad.”

What a warped view of the few lines/interactions of BG1 NPCs. Also, "THERE WERE A LOT! ... okay a couple ..." :lol: .

“In [Obsidian’s] Pillars of Eternity, they told me about all these gods and these things that are going on, and I’m just getting hammered with lore,” he added. “I’m like, ‘Dude, I just want to get in and start learning about this world.’ Whereas D&D, I have all that knowledge and if I want some more knowledge I can just go on the internet or pop open a rule book. To me, that’s just the power that D&D has that crafting your own stuff from scratch just cannot have.”

Odd. Shouldn't it be like "I just want to start playing/dealing with current issues" if he doesn't like being introduced to a new setting. If using an old setting there would be no "get in and start learning about this world", because you'd already know.
"No, the story that you wrote and we bought the rights to is not the kind of story we want to make."
:lol:

You already know every opinion she has just by looking at her picture.

Everything is problematic.

XbManstj.png

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Someone who insists on looking like a dumbass wearing that shit on any occasion.
hurr durr ima such a nurd i larp with shitty hats trust me i maek good gaem

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
MFW you come across Khalid's dissected body and then 10 minutes later you and Jaheira are in love. :smug:

I always thought finding Khalid's body in BG2 weird. Dude was killed by hobgoblins the first time he left the Friendly Arms Inn. Each and every play through.

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
Amber Scott got a promotion, so maybe she doesn't have that much time to write for their upcoming titles.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I look forward to Beam dog releasing something that isn't just piggy backing off existing widely loved stories.

Then we can see how this shitty feminist crap sells when the infection has to live on its own.. instead of latching on to the body of another host.

Azarkon

Arcane
“If there was something for the original Baldur’s Gate that just doesn’t mesh for modern day gamers like the sexism, [we tried to address that],” said writer Amber Scott. “In the original there’s a lot of jokes at women’s expense. Or if not a lot, there’s a couple, like Safana was just a sex object in BG 1, and Jaheira was the nagging wife and that was played for comedy. We were able to say, ‘No, that’s not really the kind of story we want to make.’ In Siege of Dragonspear, Safana gets her own little storyline, she got a way better personality upgrade. If people don’t like that, then too bad.”

What a warped view of the few lines/interactions of BG1 NPCs. Also, "THERE WERE A LOT! ... okay a couple ..." :lol: .

It's an utterly superficial approach to "sexism" in games. In D&D, women obviously do have a high degree of parity with men - as D&D has plenty of female adventurers, rulers, etc. - so it's not a bad setting in which to explore feminist ideas. Yet, the opportunity is missed because 1) characters are censored until they become "woman friendly" and 2) negative examples are not allowed to exist. This is the classic Bioware strategy that I heavily criticized in Dragon Age Inquisition, and the over all effect it has on games is to make them bland, in the sense of an utopian novel read without irony. Creating "safe zones" hides, rather than deals with, the issues. Having no jokes at <insert oppressed group>'s expense make it seem as though the entire world is comprised of politically correct social justice warriors. It is a fantasy of sorts, but takes away from the plausibility of the game world - in the same way utopias do - and also deprives us of any opportunity to engage the source of feminism itself - female oppression. After all, when sexism doesn't exist in the world, then you can't actually explore it, which defeats the whole purpose of feminism and makes world building worse.

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
Of course they couldn't help but shit on a storied franchise with their SJW crap.

One look at these subhuman beta fucks tells you all you need to know about the beamdog team and the "quality" of content they're going to deliver

Between gaider and their even worse existing team, you know whatever they release next will be full of modern biowarisms, including all the anachronistic sociopolitical commentary and shit tier romances you could possibly want.

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
I'm pretty damn sure that Trent Oster and Cameron Tofer couldn't care less about SJWism.

Btw James Ohlen made a Twitter comeback (his last tweet was from 2014), and now he is giving hint's about some new Bioware project. :(

Parabalus

Arcane
WARNING:

If you import your Final-Save you lose all containers, and after you pass the initial dungeon all your companions go their merry way, leaving their inventory in a chest - EXCEPT their equipped items, those vanish. Unequip important stuff.
---

I played a bit and the new Legacy difficulty seems pretty good, a bit hp bloaty tho. It makes stuff playable without SCS at least.

The voice acting is still fucking atrocious and should be muted at first opportunity.

Didn't run into any SJW faggotry yet but reading this thread I should prepare for the worse.

It does manage to capture the Bg2 feel, I encourage giving it a go with adequate protection.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom