Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
These early previews are all shit. I'd wait for more well thought out videos and more measured impressions.

We have to wait for the prestigious codex review four years down the line.

Shit. I don't even know if I'm being sarcastic or not.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
20201003105107_1.jpg
You're attracted to nigga elves?

We say dark elves shitlord.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
So you're saying the mass-produced bread is to blame for the fact that I can't walk two steps without meeting hordes of entitled hominids? More reason to hate it, then.
And how rich are you that you don't think you were affected by food becoming easier to access? It's not just bread.
Again, has anyone even played the original Baldur's Gate in this thread?

latest

Hurr durr, we funny BioWare.

Stop embarrassing yourselves.
One person wrote a comment and you were so butt hurt about it that you had to do a side by side comparison of every spell in the game. The worse part is you're acting like it was a significant amount of people when nobody is even making the complaint. I'm just glad larian finally found a single thing to be inspired by based off of the originals; a spell icon.
Is level 4 a lot? I'm not familiar with DnD 5th edition.
It's enough to go into the underdark :eek:
This is the work of Ontopoly, he is sabotaging the launch!!!
No need. Their incompetence is enough all on it's own

Anyone who buys an early access game for 60 dollars is a full-blown shill. How many full and completed games could you have boughten because their price dropped 6 months after release. Full games with a complete experience. All without having to face the knowledge that you had a hand in destroying the industry? The same people who are stupid enough or cultist enough to buy a game during early access for full price are the same people stupid enough to like this game in the first place. All these reviewers such as gamespot had the exact same reaction to DOS2 when it came out. Saying things like how it's the best rpg ever. Did you forget how that turned out? DOS2 is possibly one of the worst rpgs to come out. Why would you think the reviewers or larian have changed since then? You guys are all wide eyed children gawking at pretty graphics and sub par promises.

Jezal_k23

I'm very interested in knowing how they did itemization in this game. Itemization has been one of Larian's worst weaknesses historically, and I can't imagine they got it right this time. But they SHOULD, because itemization was strong in BG1 and BG2. So I'm wondering how that went.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Wait, what's up with that "choose who you're attracted to" screen? Is it a shopped chargen? And if it's not, why does the game need to know I like busty, blonde elves?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
GOG installer of "BG"3 will put temporary shit into C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Temp

I have a 150GB SSD for Windows with barely 5-10 GB free, which means I'm fucked?

I'll try changing the environment variable... What the fuck GOG?

Mortmal

Arcane
These early previews are all shit. I'd wait for more well thought out videos and more measured impressions.

We have to wait for the prestigious codex review four years down the line.

Shit. I don't even know if I'm being sarcastic or not.
Just buy it like everyone and lament the dowload speed like everyone...It's not like you have any choice nor anything else to play.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
"Baldur's Gate 3 shows an incredible amount of devotion to the D&D ruleset, but a few spells had to be altered in order to fit within the video game environment. These include Fire Bolt dealing 1d6 damage instead of 1d10, Shocking Grasp not dealing additional damage to enemies wearing metal armor, and Blindness/Deafness being changed to Blindness, as there is no deafness status effect." https://www.thegamer.com/baldurs-gate-3-biggest-differences-dnd-dungeons-dragons/

Thanks. Will wait until modders fixes this game. NWN2 is unplayable without spell fixes. Looks like BG3 will be unplayable without spell fixes too.

Did they ruined eldritch blast and other spells too???

Yeah, I agree with you. Playing Kingmaker vs D:OS2 has made me realize how important itemization is for me. Itemization was super strong in BG. Heck, it's even a strong point of stuff like Pillars. Hoping they take a significantly different direction than their past approaches here.

J1M

Arcane
All this bitching and none of you mentioned that the game doesn't use a grid for combat? That is clearly the single worst design decision. Decline of codex.

Gyor

Savant
Took me 20 minutes to finish my purchase, because apparently so many people were buying on release, Steam's checkout couldn't handle it.
Then 10 minutes of preallocating disk space, first time I see that take so long.
And now I need to wait 180 minutes for the download to finish. And I have to leave early tomorrow to travel for a work related appointment.

Okay, so how do I roll dice here to determine if I make a character and go to bed, or if I make a pot of coffee?

Go with coffee!

I saw someone compare the volume of Steam BG3 purchases to a DDOS attack on steam. Larian bragged about breaking steam and thanked everyone.

They are going to make a killing, its going to drive the haters nuts!

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Aaaaand first Steam reviews are in!

Positive
"can i have gay sex with the goblins?"

Negative
"Asking an AAA price for an early-access Baldurs Gate fanfic that plays like Divinity, no thanks. Rather replay the first two games and spend these 60€ on Cyberpunk"

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
"Asking an AAA price for an early-access Baldurs Gate fanfic that plays like Divinity, no thanks. Rather replay the first two games and spend these 60€ on Cyberpunk"

And has d6 damage firebolts. Sorry but I will wait for a spell fixes mod. I hate nerfs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom