Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Baldur's Gate 3 confirmed for release in 2023

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Baldur's Gate 3; David Walgrave; Larian Studios

Yesterday Wizards of the Coast inaugurated a new Dungeons & Dragons digital event called D&D Direct. In recent years Wizards have talked about producing more D&D video games, but nothing of the sort was announced during the event. However, they did get Larian to put together a new Baldur's Gate 3 trailer. It's just a hyped up development recap, but it does officially confirm that the game is releasing next year.

Larian are also showcasing Baldur's Gate 3 at PAX East this weekend, so perhaps there'll be more news about it soon.

Delterius

Arcane
Cringe as fuck. I hope it ends up like VtMB 2.
ask Delterius those levels of larp do not compare

pre-orders for both games are traded in multiple forex exchanges. the nations of botswana, new zealand, and the occupied quebec territories are all entirely backed by bg3 pre-orders. vtmb2 pre-orders are the only thing keeping scotland and england united.

Russia is over. The end.

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
That video is an old one. They were all relocated to Malaysia from Saint-Petersburg due to the (((current thing))). With an anal job contract for 2 years - if they leave, they have to compensate the relocation expenses.

Cut ties with, say goodbye to all your friends, your kids will get traumatized for life and go to a school with slant eyed chimps and grow up part Malaysians, your wife won't ever get a job there, you won't ever learn their language, and on top of it all it's a poor, Muslim shit hole. And they all went there like cattle. I've seen cults less controlling than Sven. What the actual fuck.

People with zero self-respect and who don't value personal freedom can't make anything decent. They do a performative job like a wage slave, with a performative formulaic result, with zero initiative or imagination. Tada - it's "BG" 3.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
That video is an old one. They were all relocated to Malaysia from Saint-Petersburg due to the (((current thing))). With an anal job contract for 2 years - if they leave, they have to compensate the relocation expenses.

Cut ties with, say goodbye to all your friends, your kids will get traumatized for life and go to a school with slant eyed chimps and grow up part Malaysians, your wife won't ever get a job there, you won't ever learn their language, and on top of it all it's a poor, Muslim shit hole. And they all went there like cattle. I've seen cults less controlling than Sven. What the actual fuck.
reminder this poster couldn't live in russia for a single year before fleeing back to belgium but pretends to be russian online

Joyvankek

Learned
I can just ride this train to the end station, since I have the "ticket" anyway. Hopefully there will be some actual RPG in between sex scenes with the abominations you are forced to be in party with.
Speak what you want about Pathfinder:WoTR, at least your party is not as boring and annoying as the ones from BG3, and if you don't like them, you can just go lich and travel with undead.

reminder this poster couldn't live in russia for a single year before fleeing back to belgium but pretends to be russian online
Why the hell anyone would want to larp as a Russians? It's like wanting to larp as drunken hobo that lives in wilderness, with inferiority complex and the need to prove to the world how powerful they are.
Even Germans are less pathetic than this. At least their cities used to not be so shitty(before rapefuges) and their cars used to be better.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Has anyone managed to figure out what this game has to do with the previous two entries in the series yet?
It takes place in and around the city of Baldur's Gate. In Baldur's Gate 2, your character sets back an Illithid invasion.

(also Minsc is allegedly a companion)

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Ohhh I am super excited for this. I have my character all planned out and ready to go! Would you like to be introduced to him?
T6QiswS.jpg

Humbaba

Arcane
It takes place in and around the city of Baldur's Gate. In Baldur's Gate 2, your character sets back an Illithid invasion.

(also Minsc is allegedly a companion)

What do you mean "allegedly"? Including le epic Minsc character and his funi so random XDDDDD hamster Boo is a foregone conclusion. Minsc IS Baldur's Gate.

In Baldur's Gate 2, your character sets back an Illithid invasion

Imagine being so bereft of originality that you base your game's plot around a sidequest in a previous title.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
What do you mean "allegedly"? Including le epic Minsc character and his funi so random XDDDDD hamster Boo is a foregone conclusion. Minsc IS Baldur's Gate.
It hasn't been officially announced yet.

Imagine being so bereft of originality that you base your game's plot around a sidequest in a previous title.

Nothing at all wrong with expanding a minor element of a previous title into the primary reason for a sequel. That's where Irenicus came from.

wMI5F.jpeg

On-the-nose inappropriate fourth wall breaking at that:
m5oloqm.png

Russia is over. The end.

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I don't know what you guys are laughing about. Sven somehow managed to make each individual's relocation cost 30k dollars. Probably rented a 2 floor boeing or some shit. A relocation that normally costs 1k, he made it cost 30k. And if they leave in the next 2 years, they have to pay up $ 30k. Which they can't, given that their salary is $ 1.5k. What do you call a job you can't quit? It's called slavery.

He acquired literal slavic slaves in the 21 century. Do you think this is okay or funny? My parents immigrated to Belgium when I was a kid, it traumatized me big time. Imagine being relocated to an asian muslim shit hole as a kid. If Schreier had any honesty in him, he'd be writing articles about this. Sven is the most manipulative and sociopathic employer I've ever heard of. It's to the point where buying BG3 is unethical.

Last edited:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

People with zero self-respect and who don't value personal freedom can't make anything decent. They do a performative job like a wage slave, with a performative formulaic result, with zero initiative or imagination. Tada - it's "BG" 3.

Wow, that sounds horrible for Russians. I wonder who did this to them.... what sort of a nation would put Russians in such a situation.... what horde of unwashed orcs would attack a brotherly people and cause... oh. Oh, that's right, YOU GET WHAT YOU FUCKING DESERVE.
Meanwhile, the educated younger Russians will form a White Russian nation in diaspora, and go live in the EU or wherever. Half the young Russians will die on the battlefield, the other half will rent their labour in Kaufland and Lidl, and this is the stupid price you win for playing stupid games.

Can't wait to play Baldur's Gate 3 though, DOS1/2 were great cooperative experiences, I'm sure this will be too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom