Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
I wouldn't bet on Starfield. Bethesda doesn't have brand power behind them this time and hype for Starfield seems pretty mild compared to Skyrim or Fallout 4.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I can't believe how many of you are purchasing this demonic filth. We need to organize a last minute emergency boycott. Save as many lives as possible from being brainwashed into turning gay and trying of women's underwear.
how about you manage abstinence and fight your own demons?
I have been slaying thousands of demons lately, thank you very much. I am one of the Lord's most devoted soldiers.
:troll:

Latro

Arcane
I would be very, very surprised if BG3 outsells Starfield.
I think part of the problem is neither starfield nor bg3 appeal to younger demographics. Fromsoft already has the reputation across…idk, everyone. Streamers will be covering simply because it’s Fromsoft. This isn’t 2011 anymore, Bethesda is no longer a behemoth after Skyrim (now 12 years old)

Raeyn

Literate
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I wouldn't bet on Starfield. Bethesda doesn't have brand power behind them this time and hype for Starfield seems pretty mild compared to Skyrim or Fallout 4.
Not the best of predictors, but Skyrim's trailer is at 15M views in 12 years. Starfield's trailer is at 18M views in 2 years.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
I think sales when all is said and done will be Starfield > BG3 > AC6

Journalist are riding the nuts of BG3 almost as hard as the codex is. Combined with all the degeneracy that is so popular everywhere, BG3 will sell very good because of it.

Latro

Arcane
Not the best of predictors, but Skyrim's trailer is at 15M views in 12 years. Starfield's trailer is at 18M views in 2 years.
It’s going to be a test of Bethesda brand power because niche gamers barely talk about it. Bg3’s buzz was…the gay bear sex. AC6 is the one capturing real interest

Raeyn

Literate
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
It’s going to be a test of Bethesda brand power because niche gamers barely talk about it. Bg3’s buzz was…the gay bear sex. AC6 is the one capturing real interest
Possible we just run in different circles, because I've honestly heard zero talk about Armored Core 6.
Or Armored Core at all. I had to actually look up what you're talking about.

ferratilis

Magister
Sales will be high, there's no doubt about that. When it releases on consoles eventually, they will be even higher. But my estimation is that roughly 20% of all players will actually finish the game. Many people will buy it because of the hype, some because of the movie, some because of Critical Role, and many console players just because it's shiny and new. But most of those people will never get past Act 1.

Latro

Arcane
Possible we just run in different circles, because I've honestly heard zero talk about Armored Core 6.
Or Armored Core at all. I had to actually look up what you're talking about.
The latest fromsoft game? You must hang around 35+ people because nobody talks about Bethesda anymore.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In

Youtube was smaller in General when Skyrim trailer dropped and there were major competitors in gaming sphere like Gametrailers and Destructoid. Also I predict that because of Fallout 76 the press and gamers won't be as forgiving about their signature jank. Similarly to how everyone was forgave Bioware all their faults until Mass Effect 3 ending.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

Youtube was smaller in General when Skyrim trailer dropped and there were major competitors in gaming sphere like Gametrailers and Destructoid. Also I predict that because of Fallout 76 the press and gamers won't be as forgiving about their signature jank. Similarly to how everyone was forgave Bioware all their faults until Mass Effect 3 ending.

Bioware's audience was focused on good-looking characters you could romance, so jank cut exactly into that target demographic
Bethesda's audience cares about exploring and basically living in big world, a little bit of junk won't stop them

the only way Starfield can fail is if it doesn't manage to provide that massive world feeling where you can go off to do your own thing. If they manage that, they will make shitloads of money

Latro

Arcane
Todd Howard’s/Swen’s liar box of shitty kitty shit = seventy dollars plus tip, 150 for deluxe edition with 2 dollar statue of some random crap

Hitoshi umineko never cry from Kansai province Japan selling you a game he spent ten years of his life on = ten dollars and his eternal love, as a free karmic bonus

I know who I support

ferratilis

Magister
I like how everyone has become an Armored Core fan overnight all of a sudden. I love From's Souls games, I've played all of them since Demon's Souls, but expecting Armored Core to be some record breaking bestseller seems crazy to me. In Japan, yes, but globally, hell no.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I like how everyone has become an Armored Core fan overnight all of a sudden. I love From's Souls games, I've played all of them since Demon's Souls, but expecting Armored Core to be some record breaking bestseller seems crazy to me. In Japan, yes, but globally, hell no.

lmao, I thought they were talking about Assassin's Creed Mirage.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom