Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Why Blinky?

Jan: You know... Binky, I've been considering this plan of yours that you had with the Iron Throne and all that. Interesting ideas... but flawed.
Sarevok: Binky?! You had best not be addressing ME, gnome!

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron

I can't wait to see all the butthurt on steam forums and review bombing from people who think that they can play it with camera ovet the shoulder, like Dragon Age. Our good man Tuco Benedicto Pacifico was trying to preach to the crowd about how deep they have their heads in their assess, but they wouldn't listen. So they are in for a very nasty surprise.
To be honest I don't think the steam forum could get much more butthurt than they are right now, they've been a big incoherent blob of rage about every aspect of the game (and things that aren't in the game that they've just made up) for at least a month now

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The more important question, Who's dumb enough to ask a friend to play a video game instead of going to party and have fun? Baldur's gate 3 in top of that.

Don't answer I know it: Codexers.
Uh, why not both??? Comes across as roleplaying having a social life if you think it's not common for people to play games with their irl friends where interests align...
Because the first thing that happens whenever you tell a woman with a social life, you play tabletop or video games is this:
34956233_34956226.jpg

My current girlfriend is the youngest I've ever dated (I usually date very close to my own age), and her take on it was pretty funny. As most beautiful women she finds my nerddom kind of cringe, but she's also admitted she wished tabletop gaming wasn't a social taboo because she'd love to play Dungeons & Dragons because it looks so fun. Which had me laugh
She told you that because she loves you in spite of that not because of that, you simp. Do you seriously think she likes emasculate men playing fantasy games with dragons and stuff for 5 years old? come on get on with reality.

Women appraise men the same way an RPG gamer appraises a character system that allows them to select Flaws that gives them Perks.

If you want Perks (handsome/well dressed/wealthy/personality/etc) you have to take Flaws (enjoys D&D) because a man needs some kind of off putting quality to discourage other women from poaching him all day everyday.

Bane now according to WOTC with the Magic expansion:

5aqc4lla5uja1.jpg
I thought it looked like something from league of legends, turns out he did art for them before.

https://www.artstation.com/billcreative
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/nYd52X

edit: lmao

IIRC the writer who commissioned this piece for WotC objected to Bane's prior depiction as a bald green guy because apparently that art was "black coded" so they deliberately went against the grain to make Bane look like he's in a ye olde kpop group.

Last edited:

Latro

Arcane
Only people coping will be larian when they get smashed by a mecha game completely free of humans - much less gay bear couples
Armored Core? Lol, not by a long shot
You’re out of touch
quoted for posterity, we will have to revisit this once we know sales, will be fun to see
I stand by it. AC has enough hype because it’s after Elden Ring. Company rep counts when it comes to this sort of thing, and if I had to predict what would be the bigger hit between BG3, Starfield, and AC6, I’m going AC6.

The game's been in Early Access for like 3 years and it's not 2010 anymore. Nice try though.

You can see for yourself on retardera. I'm no lying, they think that they can play it that way b/c they saw one 15 sec. snippet from one of the devs playing it on steam deck.
I want you to read your post again and realize what you're saying. Also, thanks for letting us know you use that site I guess.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Only people coping will be larian when they get smashed by a mecha game completely free of humans - much less gay bear couples
Armored Core? Lol, not by a long shot
You’re out of touch
quoted for posterity, we will have to revisit this once we know sales, will be fun to see
I stand by it. AC has enough hype because it’s after Elden Ring. Company rep counts when it comes to this sort of thing, and if I had to predict what would be the bigger hit between BG3, Starfield, and AC6, I’m going AC6.
Sure, but that company rep is built upon fantasy games, how many of those players will switch to sci-fi

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
I thought people would be talking about how turn based combat doesn't belong in Baldurs Gate but it's mostly gay sex

BG III is Baldur's Gate in name only so there's no reason to compare the two. It's just Original Sin III set in Forgotten Realms. It's called BG III but Pool of Radiance III or Neverwinter Nights 3. Ten years ago maybe people would care more about drastic gameplay change but after Fallout 3, Wasteland 2, Might and Magic X, the first Bard's Tale reboot and Final Fantasy people had already accepted that established RPG series tend to change their gameplay especially when handled by new dev teams.

Raeyn

Literate
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Hopefully you don't have money on that prediction.
Todd and his sweet little lies will be the runaway winner of that race to the bottom.

Latro

Arcane
Hopefully you don't have money on that prediction.
Todd and his sweet little lies will be the runaway winner of that race to the bottom.
Only money I’m putting down is for a copy of ac6

Yeah I'm sure if AC6 beats BG III in both sales and critical acclaim Sven will fucking cut his wrists. His pride will never survive making the second moss successful RPG of the year. He'll probably spend the rest of the year drinking whisky in his home, thinking about the good old days when he made hits as Beyond Divinity, Dragon Commander or GulliLand.

Latro

Arcane

Yeah I'm sure if AC6 beats BG III in both sales and critical acclaim Sven will fucking cut his wrists. His pride will never survive making the second moss successful RPG of the year. He'll probably spend the rest of the year drinking whisky in his home, thinking about the good old days when he made hits as Beyond Divinity, Dragon Commander or GulliLand.
Successful garbage is still garbage

Successful garbage is still garbage
Sounds like a cope to me.

Latro

Arcane

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I would be very, very surprised if BG3 outsells Starfield.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom