Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Raeyn

Literate
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
What? Since when is gaming a something shunned by society? Isn't gaming significantly healthier activity than pouring vodka into yourself?
Some of us can multitask and do both pretty well.

Yosharian

Arcane
Heavy armour has no strength requirement? But why?
Because it's not 'fun'

But really these changes you are talking about are more or less irrelevant, or positive things (shove being BA is great)

The real issue is stuff like Haste and twinned Fireball and no spells per turn limit (tbf someone mentioned the last one)

Those are a real balance problem

Sarathiour

Cipher
My niece and her girlfriends
Unless this is an ESL moment, which you would surprise me coming from you, you do realize that this description alone characterize this group of relative as belonging to an ultra-marginal group ?
Granted, this is also exactly the current target of Wotc, so not really surprising.

Ryzer

Arcane
Who cares about balance?

Stop being a fag and accept the game being unbalanced. BG1 was unbalanced and so was BG2, it didn't stop you from playing it.

Ryzer

Arcane
My niece and her girlfriends
Unless this is an ESL moment, which you would surprise me coming from you, you do realize that this description alone characterize this group of relative as belonging to an ultra-marginal group ?
Granted, this is also exactly the current target of Wotc, so not really surprising.
Oh, that's why Wotr was so pink, it makes sense now.
I was wondering where does this purple/pink trend came from.
It turns out they were trying to attract the women crowd.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Because it's not 'fun'

But really these changes you are talking about are more or less irrelevant, or positive things (shove being BA is great)

The real issue is stuff like Haste and twinned Fireball and no spells per turn limit (tbf someone mentioned the last one)

Didn't someone say Haste would be fixed for release?

The fact that you can cast two spells per turn (not just spell + cantrip) is fairly dumb if it's in on release.

Yosharian

Arcane
Because it's not 'fun'

The fact that you can cast two spells per turn (not just spell + cantrip) is fairly dumb if it's in on release.
Yeah but given how quiet they have been I dunno if any such fix is going to make it for release

Either they are being extremely fucking coy or they are not commenting on anything because they are desperately trying to get in last minute changes/fixes

I would not be surprised in the least if the release version is plagued with horrendous balance problems

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Because it's not 'fun'

Yeah but given how quiet they have been I dunno if any such fix is going to make it for release

Either they are being extremely fucking coy or they are not commenting on anything because they are desperately trying to get in last minute changes/fixes

I would not be surprised in the least if the release version is plagued with horrendous balance problems

Probably. And given how massive the game is it will probably have fairly buggy quest behavior as well. When I played the EA the gameplay seemed pretty bugfree, but dialogue and reactivity had a lot of quirky behavior.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
It hasn't had one since 3e outside of encumbrance.

Of course heavy armor has a STR requirement in 5e. Another (rare) way for STR builds to dunk on DEX wimps.

1690998582578.png

Although removing the disadvantage on plate is pure incline.
:troll:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
While the companions have generally been less shit during my EA playthrough than I expected (admittedly a very low bar), Karlach really is wasted potential. Her idea is cool, but then they waste it on a manic pixie girl. It's by far the most Dragon Age: Inquisition thing in the game that I've encountered. On paper veteran uber-soldier with war scars has the personality of a teenage instagrammer.

Yosharian

Arcane
While the companions have generally been less shit during my EA playthrough than I expected (admittedly a very low bar), Karlach really is wasted potential. Her idea is cool, but then they waste it on a manic pixie girl. It's by far the most Dragon Age: Inquisition thing in the game that I've encountered. On paper veteran uber-soldier with war scars has the personality of a teenage instagrammer.
Imagine what such a companion could have been like in the BG2 era

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom