Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Ryzer

Arcane
That wasn't even true 20 years ago and now even less so. My niece and her girlfriends run a D&D round and it's not something particularly unique in their age group.
I forgot to mention childish people with peter-pan syndrome like yourself, that's right.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
we get it junmarko, ur edgy.

anyway, how many of you are planning to coop bg3?
I find cRPGs in coop to be an absolute slog. Granted, I only tried it with both DOS 1 and 2, which I don't particularly like, but still. I want to play on my own time.
Never, ever do this. Faggots will insist on playing in coop with you, nolife on the first and maybe second day and then somehow never have time to play. I know better now and just tell them to fuck off.

100% accurate to my experience. They go hard as fuck for 72 hours and then you never see them again. In many games you are then stuck with the shitty characters they created and have to "pilot" them for the rest of the game. Most people are absolute fucking flakes and totally unreliable is what I've learned in life. Co-op turn based RPG is just asking to be frustrated & disappointed. Hard pass!
But why do you guys play coop with random morons you met on the internet?
It's the same with IRL friends. Everybody plays at their own pace and often both playstyles are at odds with each other.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Please post pictures of your niece and her gfs.

Thanks
untitled_design_-_2020-10-06t091410519.jpg

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
This Morgana Evelyn channel got me curious. Was someone really obsessed enough to feed a voice generation algorithm with Shadowheart's lines? Because I don't see how else he is making the videos in that voice.
I wouldn’t call it an obsession because It’s not that hard to do nowadays, but yes it’s probably AI.
How difficult is it though? I watched a report showing how one journalist partook in an experiment to get himself completely replaced by AI while he was technically working from home. Specifically for getting his voice right, he went to a private company which was using proprietary tools and Machine learning algorithm for getting voices to sound good enough.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The more important question, Who's dumb enough to ask a friend to play a video game instead of going to party and have fun? Baldur's gate 3 in top of that.

Don't answer I know it: Codexers.
Uh, why not both??? Comes across as roleplaying having a social life if you think it's not common for people to play games with their irl friends where interests align...
Because the first thing that happens whenever you tell a woman with a social life, you play tabletop or video games is this:
34956233_34956226.jpg

My current girlfriend is the youngest I've ever dated (I usually date very close to my own age), and her take on it was pretty funny. As most beautiful women she finds my nerddom kind of cringe, but she's also admitted she wished tabletop gaming wasn't a social taboo because she'd love to play Dungeons & Dragons since it looks so fun. Which had me laugh

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
The more important question, Who's dumb enough to ask a friend to play a video game instead of going to party and have fun? Baldur's gate 3 in top of that.

Uh, why not both??? Comes across as roleplaying having a social life if you think it's not common for people to play games with their irl friends where interests align...
Because the first thing that happens whenever you tell a woman with a social life, you play tabletop or video games is this:
34956233_34956226.jpg

My current girlfriend is the youngest I've ever dated (I usually date very close to my own age), and her take on it was pretty funny. As most beautiful women she finds my nerddom kind of cringe, but she's also admitted she wished tabletop gaming wasn't a social taboo because she'd love to play Dungeons & Dragons because it looks so fun. Which had me laugh
Post pics of gf, thanks

Ryzer

Arcane

34956233_34956226.jpg

My current girlfriend is the youngest I've ever dated (I usually date very close to my own age), and her take on it was pretty funny. As most beautiful women she finds my nerddom kind of cringe, but she's also admitted she wished tabletop gaming wasn't a social taboo because she'd love to play Dungeons & Dragons because it looks so fun. Which had me laugh
She told you that because she loves you in spite of that not because of that, you simp. Do you seriously think she likes emasculate men playing fantasy games with dragons and stuff for 5 years old? come on get on with reality.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
She told you that because she loves you in spite of that not because of that, you simp. You think she likes emasculate men playing fantasy games with dragons and stuff for 5 years old, come on get on with reality.
I think the incel thread is more your speed

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

34956233_34956226.jpg

Post pics of gf, thanks

svupLdZ.jpg

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I feel like there's a lot of changes to the pnp rules due to Larian being too lazy to implement them in the game.

For example, the Paladin's Divine Sense.

PnP:

The presence of strong evil registers on your senses like a noxious odor, and powerful good rings like heavenly music in your ears. As an action, you can open your awareness to detect such forces. Until the end of your next turn, you know the location of any celestial, fiend, or undead within 60 feet of you that is not behind total cover. You know the type (celestial, fiend, or undead) of any being whose presence you sense, but not its identity (the vampire Count Strahd von Zarovich, for instance). Within the same radius, you also detect the presence of any place or object that has been consecrated or desecrated, as with the Hallow spell.

You can use this feature a number of times equal to 1 + your Charisma modifier. When you finish a long rest, you regain all expended uses.

BG 3 (EA version):

Tap into your spiritual awareness to gain advantage on attack rolls against celestials, fiends and undead. Duration: 2 turns. Bonus action. 1 use per short rest.

1690994047587.png

Gradenmayer

Learned
This Morgana Evelyn channel got me curious. Was someone really obsessed enough to feed a voice generation algorithm with Shadowheart's lines? Because I don't see how else he is making the videos in that voice.
I wouldn’t call it an obsession because It’s not that hard to do nowadays, but yes it’s probably AI.
How difficult is it though? I watched a report showing how one journalist partook in an experiment to get himself completely replaced by AI while he was technically working from home. Specifically for getting his voice right, he went to a private company which was using proprietary tools and Machine learning algorithm for getting voices to sound good enough.
There are online services that train like 10 voices per month for 10-20$ sub fee. Like elevenlabs.

If you want really good recreation you can pay 100$-200$ to make a hand tuned model that sounds really genuine.

There are some locally ran systems, but I didn’t dig beyond image generation- pc does not have the chops for it. But it’s probably a set-up time worth of 10 hours+ however long it takes to feed model the audio and give it feedback.

Ulysa

Scholar

34956233_34956226.jpg

My current girlfriend is the youngest I've ever dated (I usually date very close to my own age), and her take on it was pretty funny. As most beautiful women she finds my nerddom kind of cringe, but she's also admitted she wished tabletop gaming wasn't a social taboo because she'd love to play Dungeons & Dragons since it looks so fun. Which had me laugh
Please let her know there are a lot of beautiful women that play whatever they want even if it looks nerdy. Poor girl jesus christ.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Do you seriously think she likes emasculate men playing fantasy games with dragons and stuff for 5 years old

u can't read lol

Grunker said:
As most beautiful women she finds my nerddom kind of cringe

What she likes is my 193 centimeters, my income, my status, my fitness and the fact that I'm very sociable. My nerddom and receding hairline she can live with. But I think she's genuinely kind of sad that social conventions bar her from trying D&D.

After getting older, I have a theory that a lot of women are secretly fantasy nerds. Would explain the massive weird adult normie female Harry Potter fandom we have in our country. One of my friends once got his normie girlfriend who had never played a video game to play Dragon Age and she got absolutely addicted to the story/characters.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

34956233_34956226.jpg

Please let her know there are a lot of beautiful women that play whatever they want even if it looks nerdy

Social conventions are the reasons a lot of people don't do a lot of things.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom