Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
This is why I never touched the EA, its all fresh for me
I just struggle to find time to play big uh, hefty cRPGs without splitting up sessions to the point you lose track of what you're trying to do. So it just makes zero sense to me to play them in EA. Much less of an issue with roguelikes and roguelites.

BTW this channel has also started a "hype train" chat room.
There's no preload because they're worried about people playing EA on the eve of launch? That's bizarre. Especially given they're telling people to delete their saves anyway.

ferratilis

Magister
I'm watching this video and he says that even if you break your oath as a paladin, you will be able to reset it because they want you to be able "to continue your playthrough no matter what." Decline. It's almost like they're afraid of letting players make bad or non-standard choices.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I just struggle to find time to play big uh, hefty cRPGs without splitting up sessions to the point you lose track of what you're trying to do.
Well, I think most people struggle with that once they're out of school/university

Gradenmayer

Learned
This is why I never touched the EA, its all fresh for me
I just struggle to find time to play big uh, hefty cRPGs without splitting up sessions to the point you lose track of what you're trying to do. So it just makes zero sense to me to play them in EA. Much less of an issue with roguelikes and roguelites.

BTW this channel has also started a "hype train" chat room.
There's no preload because they're worried about people playing EA on the eve of launch? That's bizarre. Especially given they're telling people to delete their saves anyway.
Taking it away before release probably breaks some steam rule for developers.

Gradenmayer

Learned
I'm watching this video and he says that even if you break your oath as a paladin, you will be able to reset it because they want you to be able "to continue your playthrough no matter what." Decline. It's almost like they're afraid of letting players make bad or non-standard choices.

Well, You can get your eye gouged out with an ice-pick trying to pull out the worm and get a permanent debuff for the rest of the game.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
we get it junmarko, ur edgy.

anyway, how many of you are planning to coop bg3?
I find cRPGs in coop to be an absolute slog. Granted, I only tried it with both DOS 1 and 2, which I don't particularly like, but still. I want to play on my own time.
Never, ever do this. Faggots will insist on playing in coop with you, nolife on the first and maybe second day and then somehow never have time to play. I know better now and just tell them to fuck off.

100% accurate to my experience. They go hard as fuck for 72 hours and then you never see them again. In many games you are then stuck with the shitty characters they created and have to "pilot" them for the rest of the game. Most people are absolute fucking flakes and totally unreliable is what I've learned in life. Co-op turn based RPG is just asking to be frustrated & disappointed. Hard pass!
But why do you guys play coop with random morons you met on the internet?

you think these misanthropic weird fucks have irl friends

Raeyn

Literate
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Hard to call that a dealbreaker. They destroyed all sense of permanence for sure, and I'd rather it not exist... but I'll also just not use it.
Not the first time an RPG came out that required some self-restricting rules to make better.

Ryzer

Arcane
The more important question, Who's dumb enough to ask a friend to play a video game instead of going to party and have fun? Baldur's gate 3 in top of that.

Don't answer I know it: Codexers.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
This Morgana Evelyn channel got me curious. Was someone really obsessed enough to feed a voice generation algorithm with Shadowheart's lines? Because I don't see how else he is making the videos in that voice.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Who's dumb enough to ask a friend to play a video game?

AsXiKnt.jpg

checks out

Gradenmayer

Learned
This Morgana Evelyn channel got me curious. Was someone really obsessed enough to feed a voice generation algorithm with Shadowheart's lines? Because I don't see how else he is making the videos in that voice.
I wouldn’t call it an obsession because It’s not that hard to do nowadays, but yes it’s probably AI.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Well, I think most people struggle with that once they're out of school/university
For sure, but sometimes people are a bit funny here if you haven't played their favourite RPG yet. :P

The more important question, Who's dumb enough to ask a friend to play a video game instead of going to party and have fun? Baldur's gate 3 in top of that.

Uh, why not both??? Comes across as roleplaying having a social life if you think it's not common for people to play games with their irl friends where interests align...

Ryzer

Arcane

Uh, why not both??? Comes across as roleplaying having a social life if you think it's not common for people to play games with their irl friends where interests align...
Because the first thing that happens whenever you tell a woman with a social life, you play tabletop or video games is this:
34956233_34956226.jpg

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

Because the first thing that happens whenever you tell a woman with a social life, you play tabletop or video games is this:
34956233_34956226.jpg
That wasn't even true 20 years ago and now even less so. My niece and her girlfriends run a D&D round and it's not something particularly unique in their age group.

Gradenmayer

Learned

34956233_34956226.jpg
It’s probably bcause you are an ugly alcoholic, not because of tabletops.

Ryzer

Arcane

34956233_34956226.jpg
It’s probably bcause you are an ugly alcoholic, not because of tabletops.
I rarely ever drink, what's the link you retard?

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter

34956233_34956226.jpg
That wasn't even true 20 years ago and now even less so. My niece and her girlfriends run a D&D round and it's not something particularly unique in their age group.
Please post pictures of your niece and her gfs.

Thanks

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Man, the hypetrain on reddit and youtube videos is disgusting.
I bought a game and I'm pretty sure I will have some fun with it but everything to the regular degree. Some people are expecting a total masterpiece that beats every other game out there. There are delusional types who actually add unexisting "future features" to the game, like GM mode (Confirmed as "Most probably not coming") and totally new modules. Try to speak some truth about the game (eg. that modding in new content piece on their engine is a bitch) and you're getting downvoted to hell. Try speaking against ridiculously written characters (sorry, I feel like most companions simply sucked in EA) and they call you incel and other names, lol.
And I thought people learned their lesson with being hyped about other titles.

I wonder what will be the end verdict after several months.

Also, Youtube sewer going strong.
9sp1m527ljfb1.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom