Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Shaki

Arbiter
I'm lazy and don't want to learn the new spelling of Kiev.

The new spelling of Turkey looks even worse
Forgive me, komshu, but for me you will always be Anatolia.
Jesus, is everyone from the Balkans here, who isn't from Poland :lol:
Poland and Balkans, are some of the very few places left in Europe, where you can still post on Codex without risking getting arrested for accidentally comitting a hate crime, by brofisting a comment of someone who used a racial slur. If I was in Belgium, France, UK or other shit like that, I would straight up be afraid of posting here. You never know when the government will decide that you're akshually a part of racist white supremacist terrorist group for not liking drag queen Jamal in your medieval fantasy game.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
At some point somebody drooped there theories about Dark Urge as Bhaalspawn and three antagonists as Dead Three clerics. First thing we can drop in to bin, Dark Urge just stood in Orin circle. Second sounds reasonable - Orin as Bhaal follower, Kethric as Mrykul guy and Garosh as proud Bane k-poper. I wonder if Absolute is something like amalgamate of wakened gods (as a girl, apparently) and Ilithids just wanted to stop this new power. Then, Giths probably wanted took Mind Flyers technology for themselves (and their retarded Queen), but they failed and that's why we cannot have nice things.

Person who animated this never touched a woman.
IsVZ9N7.png
I prefer this fella :

hoDAhdQ.jpeg

Oh, please
31123636049332.jpg

Last edited:

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Poland and Balkans, are some of the very few places left in Europe, where you can still post on Codex without risking getting arrested for accidentally comitting a hate crime, by brofisting a comment of someone who used a racial slur. If I was in Belgium, France, UK or other shit like that, I would straight up be afraid of posting here. You never know when the government will decide that you're akshually a part of racist white supremacist terrorist group for not liking drag queen Jamal in your medieval fantasy game.
More like slavs are the last people on the planet who predominantly play on PC, and not phone or console.

Sarathiour

Cipher
Clearly black.

Hilarious how the whole cuck squad show up the moment you remember that all the metropole of faerun being the racial equivalent of modern san fransisco is a recent stupid retcon that made no sense in the setting whatsoever, and this how you got golarion.

Shaki

Arbiter
More like slavs are the last people on the planet who predominantly play on PC, and not phone or console.
Afaik, Germany has the highest percentage of PC players from all EU countries, and overall is the biggest gaming market in Europe

Sarathiour

Cipher
The weirdest part to me is that the images for Bhaal and Myrkul that came out at the same time were way more interesting. I have no idea why whoever okayed the art decided to fuck over Bane in particular.
Some faggot calling himself Justice Gess, that have been fired since, but nor before shitting the lotr set too. For reference he openly stated that bane and some bg3 character artowrk were made as fap material for fag, and I wish I was making this up. It's also not even the worst thing he said, not by a mile.

Shaki

Arbiter
Afaik, Germany has the highest percentage of PC players from all EU countries, and overall is the biggest gaming market in Europe
I imagine this is measured in money spent, which Slavs don't always do when they play video games.
True, Poles are masters of piracy, even CD projekt pretty much started as a piracy operation, selling cracked games at markets, since it was perfectly legal in our glorious country. (copyright is for cucks)

I remember going to a market and buying tens of pirated CDs with random western games as a teenager, shit was cheaper than potatoes

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
I imagine this is measured in money spent, which Slavs don't always do when they play video games.
True, Poles are masters of piracy, even CD projekt pretty much started as a piracy operation, selling cracked games at markets, since it was perfectly legal in our glorious country. (copyright is for cucks)

I remember going to a market and buying tens of pirated CDs with random western games as a teenager, shit was cheaper than potatoes
You polish? Love your country. Lol went to Energy 2000 once, you guys still doing pyrotechnics in your clubs, was amazed.

Modron

Arcane
I for one look forward to the post release lull on Baldur's Gate 3 posting. Too hard keeping up with the shitposting.

FreshCorpse

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Up to 6.600 MB/s writing speed.
Is this really that important? My logic is that any kind of SSD is better than HDD, but a few seconds of difference in loading won't really matter for most people.

Absolutely not important - most windows games don't use the DirectStorage APIs necessary to get these (100% totally realistic and not at all theoretical, best-possible-case) numbers. Fast storage for now is pretty much wasted in a windows box.

Games for current generation consoles do however implement the APIs. PS5 games get quite a lot of benefit out of it. And there are a few databases (aimed at linux) which implement linux's version of this API (which has been mature for longer).

Kiste

Augur
Fast storage for now is pretty much wasted in a windows box.
With the current storage prices, it doesn't make much sense to buy slow shit. When you can get a 2TB 980 Pro or WD 850SX for € 125, why buy an EVO für 105? Storage is usually used for many years, so why not spend the extra 20?

Darkwind

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
we get it junmarko, ur edgy.

anyway, how many of you are planning to coop bg3?
I find cRPGs in coop to be an absolute slog. Granted, I only tried it with both DOS 1 and 2, which I don't particularly like, but still. I want to play on my own time.
Never, ever do this. Faggots will insist on playing in coop with you, nolife on the first and maybe second day and then somehow never have time to play. I know better now and just tell them to fuck off.

100% accurate to my experience. They go hard as fuck for 72 hours and then you never see them again. In many games you are then stuck with the shitty characters they created and have to "pilot" them for the rest of the game. Most people are absolute fucking flakes and totally unreliable is what I've learned in life. Co-op turn based RPG is just asking to be frustrated & disappointed. Hard pass!

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Up to 6.600 MB/s writing speed.
Is this really that important? My logic is that any kind of SSD is better than HDD, but a few seconds of difference in loading won't really matter for most people.

Absolutely not important - most windows games don't use the DirectStorage APIs necessary to get these (100% totally realistic and not at all theoretical, best-possible-case) numbers. Fast storage for now is pretty much wasted in a windows box.

Games for current generation consoles do however implement the APIs. PS5 games get quite a lot of benefit out of it. And there are a few databases (aimed at linux) which implement linux's version of this API (which has been mature for longer).

There is zero difference between a game on the PS5's built in SSD and one that barely qualifies as PCIe 4.0 because muh slow reading speed. You get a stupid warning when you install it but it makes no difference in games.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
we get it junmarko, ur edgy.

anyway, how many of you are planning to coop bg3?
I find cRPGs in coop to be an absolute slog. Granted, I only tried it with both DOS 1 and 2, which I don't particularly like, but still. I want to play on my own time.
Never, ever do this. Faggots will insist on playing in coop with you, nolife on the first and maybe second day and then somehow never have time to play. I know better now and just tell them to fuck off.

100% accurate to my experience. They go hard as fuck for 72 hours and then you never see them again. In many games you are then stuck with the shitty characters they created and have to "pilot" them for the rest of the game. Most people are absolute fucking flakes and totally unreliable is what I've learned in life. Co-op turn based RPG is just asking to be frustrated & disappointed. Hard pass!
But why do you guys play coop with random morons you met on the internet?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom