Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Ryzer

Arcane

Kiste

Augur
Yeah, all those Americucks who scream that they would LOVE to move to the BASED AND REDPILLED Poland would get a huge reality check with their first paycheck (heh) and 23% VAT prices.
Not to mention the choking on the wonderful coal oven smog every winter.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Imagine thinking that Eastern European shitholes have better electronic prices than France or Germany, lmao. Dude's living in a different dimension or something.
A lot of the "uggghhhh the west has fallen" posters fetishize eastern Europe, without having any clue about our realities.
Aren't your wages going up though? And economies growing?

Edit: I know Bulgaria is the best country for doing business with the lowest taxes

Ryzer

Arcane
Check this out, computeruniverse Germany:
https://www.computeruniverse.net/en/p/90748131
image.png

I always buy from them, even with the shipping fee, it's still cheaper than buying locally.
Holy fck that's cheap
Writing speed is 3300 MB/s up to 3500 MB/s, for double the writing speed you can double the price.

Readher

Savant
Well, did you expect them to hand NVMEs out in fucking cereal or something? SATA SSDs are even cheaper and will work just as well for games. MX500 is 105 Euros in France.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Imagine thinking that Eastern European shitholes have better electronic prices than France or Germany, lmao. Dude's living in a different dimension or something.
A lot of the "uggghhhh the west has fallen" posters fetishize eastern Europe, without having any clue about our realities.

Edit: I know Bulgaria is the best country for doing business with the lowest taxes
For Bulgaria, wages more or less doubled since the financial crisis in 2008. However, inflation also was a bitch.
As for the doing business part.... Taxes are low, but securities are also low. You can build your business here if you want, just no promises that it won't be set on fire by local competitors.

Ryzer

Arcane
Well, did you expect them to hand NVMEs out in fucking cereal or something? SATA SSDs are even cheaper and will work just as well for games. MX500 is 105 Euros in France.
105 euros is a hard day work on the fields to draw a comparison.
5 Hours in the tertiary working for a boss yelling at you.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter

For Bulgaria, wages more or less doubled since the financial crisis in 2008. However, inflation also was a bitch.
As for the doing business part.... Taxes are low, but securities are also low. You can build your business here if you want, just no promises that it won't be set on fire by local competitors.
Seems perfect for online businesses though

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
5 Hours in the tertiary working for a patron yelling at you.
m8 when I started gaming, a video cards was 1 month's wages.

Ryzer

Arcane
And it probably still is due to NVIDIA Jewry.

MerchantKing

Learned
And it probably still is due to NVIDIA Jewry.
Cool it with the antisemitic remarks.

MerchantKing

Learned
Thanks, dude, I know you just wanted to post a list of your favorite fantasy novels, but I was talking about cRPGs because this is the cRPG section.
This is the Baldur's Gate 3 thread, where we strive to our utmost to ensure that discussion remains on the topics of classic Dungeons & Dragons and fantasy literature +M

A few notable CRPGs where the player-character is not the "chosen one":
  • Rogue (1980)
  • Wizardry (1981)
  • The Bard's Tale (1985)
  • Dungeon Master (1987) & Chaos Strikes Back (1989)
  • Pool of Radiance (1988) and the rest of the Gold Box games
  • Eye of the Beholder (1991)
  • Ultima Underworld: The Stygian Abyss (1992)
  • The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall (1996)
  • Fallout (1997)
  • Arcanum (2001)
  • The Temple of Elemental Evil (2003)
  • The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (2006) is worth mentioning as a game where there is a "chosen one" but he is an NPC
  • Legend of Grimrock (2012) & Legend of Grimrock II (2014)
  • Age of Decadence (2015)
  • Salt & Sanctuary (2016)
  • Wasteland 3 (2020)
Many more could be mentioned.
Storms of Zehir is an excellent choice. It has a fine merchant simulator in game through which you can get filthy rich!

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Thanks, dude, I know you just wanted to post a list of your favorite fantasy novels, but I was talking about cRPGs because this is the cRPG section.
This is the Baldur's Gate 3 thread, where we strive to our utmost to ensure that discussion remains on the topics of classic Dungeons & Dragons and fantasy literature +M

• Rogue (1980)
  • Wizardry (1981)
  • The Bard's Tale (1985)
  • Fallout (1997)
  • Arcanum (2001)
  • The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (2006) is worth mentioning as a game where there is a "chosen one" but he is an NPC
  • Wasteland 3 (2020)
Storms of Zehir is an excellent choice. It has a fine merchant simulator in game through which you can get filthy rich!

MerchantKing

Learned

• Rogue (1980)
  • Wizardry (1981)
  • The Bard's Tale (1985)
  • Fallout (1997)
  • Arcanum (2001)
  • Wasteland 3 (2020)
That's my line goy! There's nothing antisemitic about becoming a rich merchant adventurer.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Up to 6.600 MB/s writing speed.
Is this really that important? My logic is that any kind of SSD is better than HDD, but a few seconds of difference in loading won't really matter for most people.
Its important for VM, probably for emulation. Not for download, internet speed is almost always lower than write speed. And games don't write much at all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom