Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
You ready for sexy times?

0u8hM2T.jpg

Readher

Savant
we get it junmarko, ur edgy.

anyway, how many of you are planning to coop bg3?
I find cRPGs in coop to be an absolute slog. Granted, I only tried it with both DOS 1 and 2, which I don't particularly like, but still. I want to play on my own time.
Never, ever do this. Faggots will insist on playing in coop with you, nolife on the first and maybe second day and then somehow never have time to play. I know better now and just tell them to fuck off.

100% accurate to my experience. They go hard as fuck for 72 hours and then you never see them again. In many games you are then stuck with the shitty characters they created and have to "pilot" them for the rest of the game. Most people are absolute fucking flakes and totally unreliable is what I've learned in life. Co-op turn based RPG is just asking to be frustrated & disappointed. Hard pass!
But why do you guys play coop with random morons you met on the internet?
I don't. Those faggots happen to be my friends. It's just that they only pull of shit like this in games of this type. I can still play PvP or more typical coop games with them just fine.

Kiste

Augur

Finish the game on any difficulty.​

23,7%

Yep, Checks out. And This is a high number for RPGs relatively speaking, btw.
There was too much Open World shit in TW3. Velen should have been 1/3 smaller and Skellige could also have done with a few less islands.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
luj1 Holy heckin crap! One more day until mandatory gay druid bear sex releases! I know you are really hyped for this after tagging me into this thread. Hope you preordered so you can wear the periwinkle panties during it!

cool projection

we all know you are a doll fucker and camper in the hentai degeneracy thread, your natural habitat

luj1 Holy heckin crap! One more day until mandatory gay druid bear sex releases! I know you are really hyped for this after tagging me into this thread. Hope you preordered so you can wear the periwinkle panties during it!

cool projection

we all know you are a doll fucker and camper in the hentai degeneracy thread, your natural habitat
Sir this is the gay bear and vampire sex thread.

The thread I had written off years ago because it was tiring reading lambchop defend this game nonstop. Then you started talking about sex with animals. You have this weird habit of showing up in threads like that.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
My excitement for this game is at zero, which I did not think was possible. I might play it one day, maybe months or years from now. This is a thing that happens to me when shit is in early access for too long, it just strips all of the excitement out. Also, gay druid bear sex and Larian's history of cringe-worthy writing are not helping.

The other thing is that WotC have just gayed up DnD so substantially that I have no interest in DnD anymore beyond 2nd edition. This is not Larian's fault, but I'm expecting the next edition of Dungeons and Dragons to have differently-abled heroes in steampunk wheelchairs while a transed Elminster starts lecturing people about climate change.

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
Game of the gen is almost here

afbeelding.png
Call of duty Black ops 3, best FPS ever then?
Don't be ridiculous. This is how it works: if the game you like is extremely popular with the mass population then it's good and the majority can't be wrong. If the game you *don't* like is extremely popular with the masses, then the majority is a bunch of retard sheep who are always wrong.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
I'm expecting the next edition of Dungeons and Dragons to have differently-abled heroes in steampunk wheelchairs while a transed Elminster starts lecturing people about climate change.

Isn't that already the current edition? :M

Larianshill

Arbiter
The other thing is that WotC have just gayed up DnD so substantially that I have no interest in DnD anymore beyond 2nd edition. This is not Larian's fault, but I'm expecting the next edition of Dungeons and Dragons to have differently-abled heroes in steampunk wheelchairs while a transed Elminster starts lecturing people about climate change.

Trans Elminster was a thing long before the 5th edition.

ESDE8ox.png

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
My excitement for this game is at zero, which I did not think was possible. I might play it one day, maybe months or years from now. This is a thing that happens to me when shit is in early access for too long, it just strips all of the excitement out. Also, gay druid bear sex and Larian's history of cringe-worthy writing are not helping.

Nobody cares old man

Barbarian

Arcane

Is there any major P&P alternative which isn't extremely woke these days? Between Pathfinder, D&D and WoD I don't know which is worse off now.

Maybe some of us should rethink their choice of a hobby. Obviously RPGs attract mostly faggots and degenerates.

ferratilis

Magister
Don't be ridiculous. This is how it works: if the game you like is extremely popular with the mass population then it's good and the majority can't be wrong. If the game you *don't* like is extremely popular with the masses, then the majority is a bunch of retard sheep who are always wrong.
:updatedmytxt:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

I only played the EA once, just when it was released, and up to the end of the temple. I knew I'm just spoiling the game for myself.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Were you playing it a ton in EA or something?

EA when done right makes games a lot better; Subnautica, Hades, Darkest Dungeon, Factorio, Crypt of the Necrodancer, Valheim, and Rimworld are all examples of Early Access "success stories", and V Rising is another that's currently in that process and shaping up great.

When it's done well, it's really good for working out core issues in games while still relatively early in the development process. I haven't touched BG3 yet because playing a cRPG in EA isn't for me, but I'm grateful others were willing to do that.

Modron

Arcane
Wonder how you guys will cope when the reviews start coming in.
I'll cope by waiting for 75% off the complete version 5-7 years from now and then seeing if I still have any desire to play it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom