Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Readher

Savant
I wouldn't put too much stock in the metro article, they claim there's 'no explanation' for the preload issue despite the fact there very much is and the metro is known in the UK for lazy clickbait articles. They probably looked at 3 tweets about the situation and wrote it up in 5 minutes.

The explanation is bullshit. Larian could very well remove the EA a few days early and allow preload.
Yeah, but has there been a precedent where people get locked out of access to a game they bought? Because that's what would happen in this case. I don't think any other game did that.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
It doesn't seem like bullshit to me, arguably poor planning because they it could have been resolved by having the EA on a separate page to the main release but this isn't the first time the issue has cropped up on Steam so I don't think Larian invented it out of the blue. I think it's unreasonable for the article to imply that it's because Larian 'is worried about technical problems' (I bet they are because Swen has openly admitted that they're doing last minute troubleshooting, but I don't think this is to cover it up).

Sarathiour

Cipher
Person who animated this never touched a woman.
IsVZ9N7.png
I prefer this fella :

hoDAhdQ.jpeg

Readher

Savant
It doesn't seem like bullshit to me, arguably poor planning because they it could have been resolved by having the EA on a separate page to the main release but this isn't the first time the issue has cropped up on Steam so I don't think Larian invented it out of the blue. I think it's unreasonable for the article to imply that it's because Larian 'is worried about technical problems' (I bet they are because Swen has openly admitted that they're doing last minute troubleshooting, but I don't think this is to cover it up).
No need for separate page. The purchase could simply give two products - BG3 and BG3 EA. BG3 would be handled as any Steam pre-order, while EA would be unlocked right away. That way pre-load of BG3 proper wouldn't disrupt EA in any way. Some games have Beta branches and such as separate games just like this.

Alter Sack

Magister
So is it Baldurs Gate 3 or Divinity 3 with a Baldurs Gate skin slapped on (I mean gameplay wise)?

Turn based combat and only a four character party let me suspect the later.

Gradenmayer

Learned
So is it Baldurs Gate 3 or Divinity 3 with a Baldurs Gate skin slapped on (I mean gameplay wise)?

Turn based combat and only a four character party let me suspect the later.
Gameplay is Divinity + DND 5e. Not a lot in common with original games.

Kiste

Augur
Posting photos of elven males and saying " it's my husbando desu desu", excuse me but that's gay.

Only if you neglect to preface or follow it up with the phrase (no homo). Which he did, so I guess it is pretty gay.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm not really familiar with how Steam does these things: Is there a point to installing the early access version now in order to get a relatively smaller download on release?

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I'm not really familiar with how Steam does these things: Is there a point to installing the early access version now in order to get a relatively smaller download on release?
Larian released a statement that the full game is NOT an upgraded Early Access, its different build with different files. Delete early access, and delete configuration and save files, and any mods you may have installed.

Kiste

Augur

No. We have to download the whole 122GB at release.

Which means I won't get to fuck the bear until Friday evening.

:(

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

No. We have to download the whole 122GB at release.

Which means I won't get to fuck the bear until Friday evening.

:(
Enjoy my sloppy seconds, internetlet :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom