Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
:dead:
This thread is a shitpost extravaganza even by Codexian standards. Take this crap to GD or chat.

It's a waiting room at this point, just wait until after release.

when the shitposting will commence in earnest

Ryzer

Arcane
Grunker said:
As most beautiful women she finds my nerddom kind of cringe

What she likes is my 193 centimeters, my income, my status, my fitness and the fact that I'm very sociable. But I think she's genuinely kind of sad that social conventions bar her from trying D&D.
Ego is all right in this person.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
  • Readying an action is not implemented
  • Grappling is not implemented.
  • Shove is not a part of the attack action... Shove only pushes the target back
Martial classes get nerfed again. Not surprising.

• Anyone can cast any Spell scroll from any class list
  • Verbal, Somatic, and Material components are ignored
  • The game does not stop a character from casting a leveled spell with both an action and a bonus action
  • There is no cover system
  • Multiclassing ignores ability score requirements
  • Heavy armour does not have a Strength requirement
  • There is no magic item attunement system

1690994789969.png

A Sorcadin is going to use this game to wipe its ass.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Shove is massively more powerful than in tabletop because it's only a Bonus action, and your post omits that Larian buffed all martial classes by giving each weapon class unique Bonus action special abilities (refreshed on short rest), some of which are extremely useful.

Yes, multiclass combinations that are OP in tabletop will also be OP in BG3.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Shove is massively more powerful than in tabletop because it's only a Bonus action, and your post omits that Larian buffed all martial classes by giving each weapon class unique Bonus action special abilities (refreshed on short rest), some of which are extremely useful.

mar%C3%A7o.gif

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
but she's also admitted she wished tabletop gaming wasn't a social taboo because she'd love to play Dungeons & Dragons since it looks so fun. Which had me laugh
This made me genuinely sad to read. Don't mean any ill about either of you, just, life is too short to be worrying about that shit.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Grunker said:
As most beautiful women she finds my nerddom kind of cringe

What she likes is my 193 centimeters, my income, my status, my fitness and the fact that I'm very sociable. But I think she's genuinely kind of sad that social conventions bar her from trying D&D.
Ego is all right in this person.

She also purports to dislike my smugness, so I guess you guys have something in common. Though it's my distinct impression it was one of the reasons I succeeded in courting her.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
but she's also admitted she wished tabletop gaming wasn't a social taboo because she'd love to play Dungeons & Dragons since it looks so fun. Which had me laugh
life is too short to be worrying about that shit.

I agree, but when I was her age I also gave a lot more fucks about what everyone else thought about me. She might get over it with age.

Ryzer

Arcane
:dead:
This thread is a shitpost extravaganza even by Codexian standards. Take this crap to GD or chat.
Redditors are fully storming the thread. I mean we have one german pretending to flirt with DnD, a tranny and a Belgian on Larian payroll.

The only thing missing is the resetera moderation.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
life is too short to be worrying about that shit.

I agree, but when I was her age I also gave a lot more fucks about what everyone else thought about me.
That's what I like about being older, you don't give many fucks anymore

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
D&D seems pretty stigmaless to me now, although that could be because my social circle is largely stemnerds and researchers.

To bring it back to BG3 though, nobody will have to worry about TTRPG stigma when BG3 becomes recognised as the RPG of the decade, everyone and their grandmother will be clamouring for a seat around the table.

Gradenmayer

Learned
This made me genuinely sad to read. Don't mean any ill about either of you, just, life is too short to be worrying about that shit.
It’s kinda confusing as well. Didn’t Cringe Roll turn it into a normie game at this point?
Maybe he lives in Eastern Europe or worse- Middle East.

Kiste

Augur
Redditors are fully storming the thread. I mean we have one german pretending to flirt with DnD, a tranny and a Belgian on Larian payroll.

The only thing missing is the resetera moderation.

Yes, we're taking over. 18 months tops, and this here shithole forum will be closed down and the Codex will become a subreddit with a jewish tranny moderator.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
D&D seems pretty stigmaless to me now, although that could be because my social circle is largely stemnerds and researchers.

To bring it back to BG3 though, nobody will have to worry about TTRPG stigma when BG3 becomes recognised as the RPG of the decade, everyone and their grandmother will be clamouring for a seat around the table.
Ten years down the line Ryzer will claim in the good old days they knew BG3 was an instant classic but they don't make them like it anymore

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
You guys hang around far too few normies if you actually believe D&D is mainstream, lol. It doesn't carry the stigma it did in the 80s and 90s, true, but it's still viewed as ubernerdy.

Ryzer

Arcane

Ten years down the line Ryzer will claim in the good old days they knew BG3 was an instant classic but they don't make them like it anymore
Jokes on you, I think Dragon Age Origins is the paragon of sanity compared to BG3.

Ryzer

Arcane
You guys hang around far too few normies if you actually believe D&D is mainstream, lol. It doesn't carry the stigma it did in the 80s and 90s, true, but it's still viewed as ubernerdy.
Thank you, I though I was on another planet, really.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

Yes, multiclass combinations that are OP in tabletop will also be OP in BG3.

Larian is basically making 6e or ONE dnd, or whatever the fuck the next edition is going to be.

They're changing so many fundamental things about how the tabletop experience works... and that's fine, if it's fun to play.

But regarding shove, it normally takes one of your attacks, and is generally used to open combat to knock an enemy prone (which is mostly removed, hence the nerf) so you and all your melee friends get advantage. So a level 12 fighter with three attacks would knock prone -> attack x2 with advantage.

Making it a bonus action is also a negative, especially if you get extra bonus action stuff.

Removing grapples kill all grapple builds, a not insignificant amount.

No readied actions mean you'll be chucking thrown weapons instead of basing some dude coming through a door with your club.

Obviously I haven't played the game, but these are some serious changes that require serious buffs to make martials viable.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
I agree, but when I was her age I also gave a lot more fucks about what everyone else thought about me.
Just strange to me, because I've probably met more women personally (/in person) who are really into pnp stuff than guys. Like that was their main "gaming" thing.

This stuff does seem to differ dramatically by geography though. Maybe brutal midsummer in urban Australia begets gamers. :P

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

Jokes on you, I think Dragon Age Origins is the paragon of sanity compared to BG3.
Jokes on you, just wait what ten more years will do to your sanity

:evilcodex:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom