Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
BG 3 already sold around 2-4 million units during Early Access, according to steamdb.

I do wish some kind of super fan does a comparison for dialogue when the game comes out. I know I'll be spamming that skip key just like in DOS.

Also, are they doing the narrator shit again? I hated the faux British narrator from DOS2. It was like reading a bad Neil Gaiman book.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Calling it now. Total BG3 lifetime sales wont surpass 3 million. It will be respectable numbers because of all the queers and furrys, but not a major blockbuster.
Depends on how buggy it is at launch. If it's Cyberpunk 2, it's dead in the water for the time being, sure.

But if it's even remotely playable, I think the amount of buzz could push it well over that.

Elthosian

Arcane
BG 3 already sold around 2-4 million units during Early Access, according to steamdb.

I do wish some kind of super fan does a comparison for dialogue when the game comes out. I know I'll be spamming that skip key just like in DOS.

Also, are they doing the narrator shit again? I hated the faux British narrator from DOS2. It was like reading a bad Neil Gaiman book.
They were at 2 million before the PFH and Gamalytic has a delta of 500k from then to now. 2.6 to 2.7 sounds reasonable when accounting for new GOG and PS5 preorders. Let’s see how much more they get in the first month.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron

And miss out on amazing writing like this?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Calling it now. Total BG3 lifetime sales wont surpass 3 million. It will be respectable numbers because of all the queers and furrys, but not a major blockbuster. Also trying to wrap my brain around how Armored Core 6 came into the discussion. It's not even a RPG, lol.
Look D4 has tranny characters like you shown us but BG3 has sex with animals so my guess is BG3 has more sales than your weak D4.

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
Calling it now: seeing goblins cleaned up and wearing lingerie is going to turn an entire generation into goblin fuckers and you won't even be able to go to the store without being accosted, bitten, spit on etc. by gangs of fatherless goblins popping out of trash cans and manholes as you walk by. I hate goblins man, this goblin stuff really stresses me out.

Shaki

Arbiter
Im gonna do a quick BG2 playthrough before the release. Only based, good-aligned, non-retarded, non-romanceable, non-degenerate companions. So far I have Keldorn, Mazzy, Anomen. Anyone else that fits the bill? I never played with Cernd, how is he? Can a tree hugger be a decent human being? Also I'm torn on whether I should take Imoen/Nalia, or just make my PC Mage/Thief multi to cover the roles. I can't decide if either of them fits the non-retarded requirement.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Calling it now: seeing goblins cleaned up and wearing lingerie is going to turn an entire generation into goblin fuckers and you won't even be able to go to the store without being accosted, bitten, spit on etc. by gangs of fatherless goblins popping out of trash cans and manholes as you walk by. I hate goblins man, this goblin stuff really stresses me out.

This man see the future. But someone seen this even earlier:

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron

This man see the future. But someone seen this even earlier:

Thanks, I hate it!

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Im gonna do a quick BG2 playthrough before the release. Only based, good-aligned, non-retarded, non-romanceable, non-degenerate companions. So far I have Keldorn, Mazzy, Anomen. Anyone else that fits the bill? I never played with Cernd, how is he? Can a tree hugger be a decent human being? Also I'm torn on whether I should take Imoen/Nalia, or just make my PC Mage/Thief multi to cover the roles. I can't decide if either of them fits the non-retarded requirement.
As I've said, all of them are cucks except Korgan. I guess Anomen isn't a real cuck, but he's a dushbag.

Keldorn is a literal cuckhold. His wife is banging some guy before you even meet him.
Mazzy is waiting in a rape cage when you meet her. She's going to be the consort of the Shade Lord. Who knew shadows had a sex drive.
Cernd knocked up his wife and then abandoned her. She went off and banged some noble.

Imoen and Nallia are two flavors of the same broken idea. Crap at being a mage, crap at being a thief. Same with multiclass PCs, so long as you didn't mod the level cap.

Aphex81

Scholar
Game of the gen is almost here

afbeelding.png
Call of duty Black ops 3, best FPS ever then?
Wonder how you guys will cope when the reviews start coming in.

Great times ahead and much more butthurt for the haters!
I already left a negative review for your commie censorship.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
The only acceptable way to play this game is a full party of Paladins.

Meet an evil frog woman: purge.
Meet an evil cleric of Shar: purge.
Meet an evil vampire elf: purge.
Meet a one-eyed Warlock: purge.
Meet some weird magic using criminal who steals magic items: purge.
Meet a bunch of demonic-looking people, including a demonic barbarian with a Mary Sue heart: purge.
Meet druidic heathens: purge.
Meet goblins and a negro elf: purge.
Meet weird drag queen self-insert who--ACK: purge.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
17 hours. Then 2 days of downloading...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom