Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Ninjerk

Arcane
When I see BG3 inventory, I wonder why it has so much fucking room in it. I grant that there were bags in previous games that improved that, but you at least had some serious inventory limitations early on.
IE inventory arbitrary limitations were one of the worst aspects of the games and had no basis in the pnp rules.
"make the inventory shit because bg1 and bg2 had a shit inventory" is a bad argument
That's also not my argument. I'm not even really making an argument. It appears to me that the inventory is virtually limitless, but perhaps in play it isn't so. Inventories in D:OS were huge and items flowed like water. I didn't like that. That's it.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Cry some more about it, little untermensch.

Another dumbass rusty_shackleford alt. How about you sodomize yourself with a razorblade, shithead
cool_story_bro.png
Wtf are these poor taco niggers even doing on the codex... Decline/10
Looks like this idiot going crazy because someone didn't like the gay anime scenes in BG3. :lol: Dude, go back to jerking off with pictures of fire hydrants. Stop crying like some embarrassed little untermensch.
Lol the irony when this poor brown bean eating wetback calls someone "untermensch"
:lol: you just wrote a fucking dissertation. I'm not reading that shit. Did I seriously make him cry over a video game so much he's researching ways to "get back at me." You're posting this shit as if you think I give a fuck. Dude, are you crying while researching this, my little untermensch?

a cut of domestic sheep prime

That's also not my argument. I'm not even really making an argument. It appears to me that the inventory is virtually limitless, but perhaps in play it isn't so. Inventories in D:OS were huge and items flowed like water. I didn't like that. That's it.
It's limited by encumbrance.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Is anyone else giddy with excitement for this to fail hard like all the other nostalgia driven cash grabs before?
Except the devs have proven that it isn't a cash grab in that that it's more faithful to PnP than the game it's a sequel to.

I didn't have high hopes for this. I was wrong. And I'm happy to be wrong in this case.

About the biggest criticism I can give of Larian at this point is for them making me wait at least a year for this game's actual release.

Shinros

Learned
Finished my gameplay session for the night, overall I'm enjoying BG3 more than DOS/DOS2, most likely because it's built off 5e. 5E is simplistic (I still prefer 3.5), but it holds Larian back from going too... wacky with their gameplay mechanics. *Glances the armour system* The game is not earth-shattering for me, but it's decent. I can see myself losing several hours. Now across the internet people are complaining about the companions, I have to say they're okay. Perhaps because I tend to play neutral/evil characters, I had approval gushing down like a waterfall. I didn't really kick any puppies to do it. So far out of the lot the only "good" companion is Gale, the rest are neutral to evil. Even wyll, his story is rather fascinating. His hero complex is only skin deep.

The highlight of the EA was the dog. I hope nothing happens to him. Now for the negatives? The camera, they need to sort that out, most likely because the game is going to be put on consoles hence why it's like that at the moment. Also Larian wants feedback on their evil path? Well, the goblin path is both comical and stupid, there is no incentive, pragmatically it's best to go after the druid. Unless your character is a psychopath and just wants drow arse. It wouldn't be difficult to build that enticement by just having npc's approach you and revealing the abnormality in the tadpoles and how to control them. Gale also points that out, pushing that narrative further would make it easier to side with the goblins. I find pragmatic evil more interesting to play rather than kicking the puppy just because you can.

Black

Arcane
Larian seems to have stepped up their itemization. There are generic +1s, the staple of D&D, but there's also Gloves that apply Bane to your target IF you got branded by a gobbo priest and things such as
BURGJYY.png

LizardWizard fixed

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Anyone here played with potato PC's? I had problems with my best graphics card and now an with my old GTS 450. Can I run in the lowest settings with that video card? Everything else on my PC is good. CPU, HD, ram, etc.

Payd Shell

Arcane
I skimmed through the text and I had no doubts that it was written by a woman. The idea that a person gets paid for writing """"""""""""""""articles""""""""""""""" like this is infuriating.
In any other timeline I'd consider this satire but sadly it's not. This looks like a 12 year old playing with the character editor to make the most stupid possible looking thing because it's "funny". In [CURRENT YEAR] you can replace the 12 year old with a twitch streamer of your choice as well but they do that to keep their audience, which are 12 year olds trapped in the bodies of 30+ year old men.

Anyway, the whole discussion is pretty pointless. Generic white human male isn't surprising because most players are white and male, despite what your carefully curated twitter-bubble might suggest otherwise - twitter harpies don't play games because shitposting on twitter is a full-time job. Humans also don't come with any of the stereotypes associated with many other races, thanks to everyone copying the optics but not the essence of Tolkien's works. By playing a non-human race, you're either following the stereotype or rejecting it because you're not like all the other girls.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom