Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
This is who Larian is catering to.
TmEjxKV.png

What the fuck is a DILF?

Thal

Prophet
TmEjxKV.png

What the fuck is a DILF?

Hmm...Well, the acronym seems familiar, where have I seen this one before...? DILF...DILF...ILF...MILF!!! Mother I'd Like to Fuck!

But what the hell does the D stand for?? And why is that a man and not a woman? That's just puzzling, or maybe its a typo...hmm. Someone help us solve this condundrum!

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
TmEjxKV.png

What the fuck is a DILF?

Hmm...Well, the acronym seems familiar, where have I seen this one before...? DILF...DILF...ILF...MILF!!! Mother I'd Like to Fuck!

But what the hell does the D stand for?? And why is that a man and not a woman? That's just puzzling, or maybe its a typo...hmm. Someone help us solve this condundrum!
B-b-but if MILF stands for Mother I'd Like to fuck, shouldn't this be FILF? Father I'd Like to Fuck? Yes, FILF, it is quite fitting to this.

Thal

Prophet
TmEjxKV.png

What the fuck is a DILF?

B-b-but if MILF stands for Mother I'd Like to fuck, shouldn't this be FILF? Father I'd Like to Fuck? Yes, FILF, it is quite fitting to this.

Jesus Christ you are right, it IS a typo! F is right next to D! Thank you, thank you!

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
TmEjxKV.png

What the fuck is a DILF?

Jesus Christ you are right, it IS a typo! F is right next to D! Thank you, thank you!

In all honesty, does xir have a child in-game? Because otherwise xir looks way to young for a Dad.

Efe

Erudite
F is for family for the times you want to be through and fuck the whole family.
so its D for father

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
It's not dad, it's daddy.

Also, I'm very surprised that people claim not to know these things have an audience. We all lived through the fall of Bioware.

Larianshill

Arbiter
I'm going to let out a mating call for all people who actually want to discuss the game - where do you think Lae'zel's story is going? I have a pretty detailed opinion, which I think is the only way the events could unfold. But I want to see someone else's opinions too, to see if I achieved mine by applying logic to foreshadowing already in the game, or by pulling things out of my ass.

Larianshill

Arbiter
You tell me, I don't go to such cancerous places.

Lae'zel's initial motivation is entirely limited to "We must find the creche". Every time you do something unrelated, Lae'zel makes a point to remind you that you should be following this particular lead instead. My entire theory hinges upon two dialogues, as well as one instance of using common sense.
1) The creche is act 1 content. Getting rid of the tadpole is, for now, your entire motivation, and reason for adventuring. Reaching the creche is also the only reason Lae'zel is with you at all. Her personal plot, and your own plot, won't be solved by visiting a location in act 1.
2) The dialogue which happens if you're gith, and you ask Lae'zel about the miracle cure her creche is supposedly capable of. Lae'zel asks you if you're retarded, you're supposed to know about such things as a gith yourself. This would be a funny bit of dialogue, poking fun at you needing exposition you're already supposed to know (like you can ask who Karlach is, even if you're a tiefling yourself). Except the leader of the gith patrol shares your opinion - he's never heard of any cure, and the moment he hears Lae'zel is infested, he orders her death, as opposed to "Go report for the miracle cure immediately".
3) If you kill the gith patrol, Lae'zel immediately begins talking about how they were clearly traitors, and probably rebels against Vlakith as well, instead of entertaining the possibility that they were doing what they're supposed to do.

There's definitely no cure awaiting her - or you - in the creche. Instead, just like in the Druid Grove, you will have people trying to kill you for your own good. Upon experiencing this - and killing every single living soul in the creche - Lae'zel will continue staying in utter denial. She will probably say that the creche was clearly treacherous as well, and she must find the loyal, true githyanki - and since she doesn't know where to find any, so be it, she'll tag along with you for now.
The inevitable conclusion of the arc is Lae'zel being faced with the fact that her entire society is retarded (probably somewhere in the act 3), and Vlakith is a crazy tyrant. She'll probably even get to kill her in the inevitable sequel Swen makes with all the BG3 preorder dollars.

I've been thinking about it, and I legitimately can't imagine any other way her arc could possibly go.

Last edited by a moderator:

Larianshill

Arbiter
If Swen knows what's good for the game, certainly. Personally, I hope that even main menu will be turn based. Maybe an explosive barrel somewhere there too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom