Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Codex Year of the Donut
I still don't see what's wrong with manually aiming an attack at a specific area on someone

Sacibengala

Prophet
I'm honestly not sure of what goes on some people's mind, at times.

You make a post to highlight how unnecessarily stupid it is the way the game traces projectiles for bows and crossbows (and how it feels like throwing paper planes against the wind, example in the following picture)...

fA9BzaR.jpg

...and the first reply you get is someone who immediately attempts to make excuses for the studio, "Maybe they do it to avoid hitting obstacles between you and the target, it could be annoying for the player" "Maybe it's an engine limitation" (??), etc, etc.

Ok.
1- Why the fuck you should get a chance to hit the target if you don't have a proper line of sight.
2- Are you Larian's public attorney? Why are you even defending it with fringe hypotheticals?
3- Do you actually like the way it is or not? If yes, the fuck is wrong with you? If not, back to point 2.
You are trying to discuss combat mechanics with people whose greater concerns about the game is if the hair style are gender locked (i am not joking at all) . So that's where you fail, its futile.
You guys know what are the public and the target audience for wotc products, right? We saw that coming. Just look at the artstyle of the 5e books, it's depressing.

I still don't see what's wrong with manually aiming an attack at a specific area on someone

I'm not even sure anymore if you are just pretending to be this dense or not. I already explained twice that this is NOT the problem I was talking about.
I'm not referring to the white "preview line" and I'm not referring to the ability to aim specific points.

I'm talking about the fact your projectiles seem to trace the kind of floppy arc you would expect if you were shooting wet noodles with a blowgun, rather than arrows and bolts with a competent ranged weapon.
Both their trajectory and their sense of speed and kinetic power is completely off.

Codex Year of the Donut

I'm not even sure anymore if you are just pretending to be this dense or not. I already explained twice that this is NOT the problem I was talking about.
I'm not referring to the white "preview line" and I'm not referring to the ability to aim specific points.

I'm talking about the fact your projectiles seem to trace the kind of floppy arc you would expect if you were shooting wet noodles with a blowgun, rather than arrows and bolts with a competent ranged weapon.
Both their trajectory and their sense of speed and kinetic power is completely off.
there's a tool to report feedback directly in the game
have you tried using it?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Are you literally mentally impaired or what?
Just keep in mind that earlier today rusty stated that all Europeans live in big cities and implied that the US have more municipalities (and particularly small towns) than the entirety of Europe. The US have around 19,495 municipalities (14,768 of which with a population below 5,000), while France alone has 34,836 municipalities (34,672 of which with a population below 5,000). Imagine counting up the entirety of Europe.

That's how disconnected he is from reality. Take his opinions with a grain of salt.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1086940/view/2952660442222807557

Hotfix 15 Now Live!
Version number: 4.1.1.1233832

81dfc6eb5be63ea60188c9e3b7ff155d033e55ff.jpg

Hey Everyone!

We have a new hotfix for you today!

This hotfix addresses launcher connection issues, a savegame issue which blocked the Goblin bridge and the most prevalent texture crash.

As always, thank you so much for letting us know about these issues via our support team and by your posts on Reddit, Discord, Steam, socials and our forums! Your reports, feedback and suggestions are very helpful to us.

Thanks for your support!

Changelist:
  • Fixed a savegame issue that blocked the goblin bridge (related to previous hotfix's 'Can't reach' issue near the blighted village).
  • Fixed the most prevalent crash related to loading and unloading textures too quickly.
  • Fixed launcher connection issues to web content. Slower connections will now bypass online content more quickly, allowing players to launch the game without waiting.

Black

Arcane

there's a tool to report feedback directly in the game
have you tried using it?
If only people gave them feedback they'd never implement the DOS 2 armor system. If only...

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In

You make a post to highlight how unnecessarily stupid it is the way the game traces projectiles for bows and crossbows (and how it feels like throwing paper planes against the wind, example in the following picture)...

fA9BzaR.jpg

...and the first reply you get is someone who immediately attempts to make excuses for the studio, "Maybe they do it to avoid hitting obstacles between you and the target, it could be annoying for the player" "Maybe it's an engine limitation" (??), etc, etc.

Ok.
1- Why the fuck you should get a chance to hit the target if you don't have a proper line of sight.
2- Are you Larian's public attorney? Why are you even defending it with fringe hypotheticals?
3- Do you actually like the way it is or not? If yes, the fuck is wrong with you? If not, back to point 2.
From a distance it looks like he's pissing on him.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

fA9BzaR.jpg

Ok.
From a distance it looks like he's pissing on him.

calvinpeeingsecond.jpg

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter

You can't win with cultists, especially larian cultists. They can't think for themselves, queue Swen linking a screen shot of review scores again.
Stop crying, by every metric DOS2 is a great game.

And we all know you'd be posting screenshots if DOS2 had sh*t review scores but alas you're in the minority who think DOS2 sucks. You're just an anti-larian "cultist"

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler

You can't win with cultists, especially larian cultists. They can't think for themselves, queue Swen linking a screen shot of review scores again.
Stop crying, by every metric DOS2 is a great game.

And we all know you'd be posting screenshots if DOS2 had sh*t review scores but alas you're in the minority who think DOS2 sucks. You're just an anti-larian "cultist"
And once again Swen responds with his coveted review scores.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I play collect-a-hoardy and yar the bay of buried internet treasures to plunder. Getting/buying is 99.99% of the addiction. Then it is total
KUx1MkG.png

......meh

Last edited:

Mud'

Scholar
I was watching Dragonlance movie and was quite interesting.
  • The Wizard put his party at risk to get a spellbook and use mind affective spells to get a halfling to do his bidding.
  • The rogue mocks the mage constantly because he needs words and gestures to do magic a thing which is much easier to the cleric.
  • The half elf is literally fruit of rape and is mistreated among humans and among elves.
  • Spells like light are actually useful
  • A single Fireball can slay squads of low level enemies.
  • After camping, the mage appears preparing his spells by reading his spellbook
  • Disguise is actually useful.
  • Fireball is used to destroy a gate
  • The enemy is a cleric of a evil deity and he uses powerful divine magic + powerful weapon and armor.
  • The power of clerics can be "severed"
I don't get why this movie was so hated. Is way more "D&Desque" than BG3...

The movie is called Dragonlance Dragons of Autumn? I remember trying to watch it but kinda fell asleep.

The best D&D movie for me, well AD&D is Wizardry OVA, that movie is pure AD&D though and though and makes me want to play Dragons Dogma or some shit.

0sacred

poop retainer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
ok lol my character's action menu just disappeared. Basically I can't do anything but move and attack. A quick google search makes it seem like this is a not uncommon bug. Are we just being retarded here or is it legit a bug?

Sunri

Liturgist
ok lol my character's action menu just disappeared. Basically I can't do anything but move and attack. A quick google search makes it seem like this is a not uncommon bug. Are we just being retarded here or is it legit a bug?
restart game

Sunri

Liturgist
that's the only way to get rid of it? What a PoS. Thanks anyway.
Dunno i had 3 weird bugs one when i couldn't leave location and take camp second one when ma whole world map interface disappeared and third one when all my character had -21412453243 HP restarting game helped everytime

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom