Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

BruceVC

Magister
so lets see

- game is flashy like some korean mmo
- low level cap + 5ED
- game is more of a movie than a game
- current amount of content is pathetic

Isnt Larian still working on BG3 and its not in full release yet? Cant some of your criticism towards it still be addressed ?

Anonona

Learned
Oooo, how did I miss this. Frodo gets the ring from Bilbo at first and then he volunteers to do it at the Council, it has nothing to do with his imperviousness to corruption. If anyone is the least likely to be corrupted, it's Sam.

Also, I thought more about this whole "the One Ring is the most powerful artifact and a bunch of lvl 1 hobbits get it" argument. Here's the thing with that, the lvl 1 hobbits can't use it to rule the world unlike Sauron, Gandalf, Saruman, Galadriel, etc. The most they can do is degenerate like Gollum because they aren't high enough level to use its other powers besides invisibility (a shitty one at that because Sauron instinctively knows where you are if you use it).

But this in fact supports my argument. The mage dude in BG3 cannot use the bomb for anything, is a powerful artifact, yes, but its dangerous and he wants to get rid of it, just as the hobbits want to get rid of the Ring. In this case it wouldn't really count as "big pew-pew" at low levels, as Victor argues, because it really isn't, and while powerful, it doesn't really empower the characters, at the contrary, it is treated as the main problem they have to deal with.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
so lets see

- low level cap + 5ED
Early access game isn't finished, more news at 11.

DshpEJZX4AAvSjP

Anonona

Learned
He can become a terrorist with it by threatening to suicide bomb a city.

Not a bad idea, but I don't think dying is really part of the character's plan. And you could argue that Frodo could have used the Ring as a bargain chip. "Do as I said or I will give the ring to Sauron" or any other nation to upset the balance of power. Both of course would have to make their threats in hiding, as they are regular humans and have no direct control over the artifact itself (unless the mage dude can make it explode whenever he wants, I don't know).

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
so lets see

- low level cap + 5ED

If you are asking few Argentinian pesos US$ 60+ for a game, it should be judged as an US$60+ game. And the unique critique of him who can change after the launch is the low lv cap and lack of content.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
so lets see

- low level cap + 5ED

If you are asking few Argentinian pesos US$ 60+ for a game, it should be judged as an US$60+ game. And the unique critique of him who can change after the launch is the low lv cap and lack of content.
At store page of BG3 you will find this interesting piece of information:

afbeelding.png

If people are too retarded to read then that's their problem.

Funny how WoTRannies try to attack BG3 in any pathetic way they can. "Bu..bu early access game must be reviewed as a complete and final game because of price"

The """logic""" of Victor will never cease to amuse me.

Salvo

Arcane
so lets see

- low level cap + 5ED

afbeelding.png

Funny how WoTRannies try to attack BG3 in any pathetic way they can. "Bu..bu early access game must be reviewed as a complete and final game because of price"

You fucking sperg nobody expects it to be feature complete before release, just to see tangible results
Adding 2 classes in the span of year isn't a good track record when D:OS2 went from EA to full release in the same timespan

inb4 moving the goalpost and/or b-b-but it's early access

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
so lets see

- low level cap + 5ED

afbeelding.png

You fucking sperg nobody expects it to be feature complete before release, just to see tangible results
Adding 2 classes in the span of year isn't a good track record when D:OS2 went from EA to full release in the same timespan

Lmfao you really think they only worked on 2 classes? Are you really that retarded? Do you know how game development and early access work?

Keep amusing me with your low IQ takes though, just LMFAO!

Salvo

Arcane
so lets see

- low level cap + 5ED

afbeelding.png

Lmfao you really think they only worked on 2 classes? Are you really that retarded? Do you know how game development and early access work?

Keep amusing me with your low IQ takes though, just LMFAO!

goalpost moved as predicted

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Exactly. He will only move the goalpost.

Early Access as the name implies is access to a unfinished product. As a opportunity to the company take feedback from costumers who act like paid beta testers.

Wrong. Just compare this BG3 EA with any other CRPG Early Access. Including Black Geyser, PF:WoTR beta and so on.

PF:WoTR was announced in a similar time to BG3 yet BG3 had two new classes, PF:WoTR had an alpha, an beta, the launch, lots of patches and soon will get a DLC. The game has way more spells and abilities and a much more complicated ruleset. Early Access is supposed to be used to get played feedback. Without tier 3 spells, getting feedback on spells like animate dead, fireball, lightning bolt and so on is impossible.

Few years of training to get used to shit and now we have even redditors majorly defending the chain system and downvoting criticism toward it:

Dude, you posted in a nest of Larian cultists.

The unique good subreddit is this > https://www.reddit.com/r/baldursgate/

BG3 had a panel from hell recently yet everyone in /r/baldursgate is ignoring the DOS2 clone. The last post about Larian is 6 months ago. The last post about Panel from Hell, one year ago.
TiRCqbX.png

SLF9pnt.png

And everyone agrees that this game is nothing like Baldur's GAte. Here is a post https://www.reddit.com/r/baldursgate/comments/lg84ub/why_call_it_baldurs_gate_3/

"The scope also feels very different. Now I’m not really familiar with 5e, but it seems weird to me that a low level party would be fighting the likes of mind flayers (even at the level cap they’ve stated for the game). "

Yes. In BG2 you only fight mindflayers in underdark, at about lv 13+, but 5E took most of his nasty abilities away.

Among the fans of BG1/2, DOS2 clone : Faerun edition is ignored or hated. This is not my opinion. It is a observable FACT!!!

Last edited:

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Watched the Barbarian video on RPGCodex's main page. Just thought I'd mention that I was on a building site years ago, and this fat guy had diarrhea in a portacabin toilet that made it permanently unuseable from that point onwards. And the Barbarian rage voiceover actor sounds a lot like that guy did.

-I wondered what happened to that tradesman after we mocked/bullied him out of the job. Good to see he moved on. :salute:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
It actually looks very good at times. Dungeons is where it excels visually. But overall I agree that it needs some color palette toning down as well as fx and all the other fancy stuff. Blood spills are especially ridiculous.

Im interested in verticality, sneaking, mage hand and box-sorting (?) subsystems tbh

those are the only innovative ideas in the game

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
so lets see

- low level cap + 5ED

im talking about core design you moron

cutscenes, cinematic dialogue, 5ED, low level cap

this shit aint gonna change, except maybe we get lvl 15 cap after 2 years? instead of level 10

they might tone down particle effects but I doubt it because kids love it

Shrimp

Arbiter
See what I mean, guys? We are doomed.
Few years of training to get used to shit and now we have even redditors majorly defending the chain system and downvoting criticism toward it:

https://old.reddit.com/r/BaldursGat...een_anyone_mention_this_yet_but_they/hx61ybk/

There's no light at the end of the tunnel.
One particular memory that for some reason has stuck with me is from back when DOS2 was in early access.
I came across a thread on Larian's own forums where some guy had written a somewhat length post with feedback on various things in the EA version and what he believed would be the best way to fix them. One of the first replies if not the first reply was someone complaining that the thread creator had used the word 'borderline' because it apparently had offensive connotations or some nonsense like that. Most of the following replies were just agreeing with this particular poster and to my memory no one really responded to any of the things in the original post.

These people are utterly insane and there is absolutely no way to get through to them. I don't know why you even bother tbh

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom