Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
So the patch that adds Brazilian Portuguese also introduces gnomes. Delterius care to comment on that?
gnomes are tolerable on the condition that they aren't the high tech race

if anything i hate the squids
ab0udr.jpg

The tinker gnomes of the Dragonlance campaign setting, and the similar gnomes that later appeared in D&D's Known World campaign setting, are the worthwhile version of gnomes. The standard AD&D gnome is merely a mixture of traits already appearing in the earlier demi-human races of elves, dwarves, and halflings, without anything to distinguish it.

BruceVC

Magister
So the patch that adds Brazilian Portuguese also introduces gnomes. Delterius care to comment on that?
gnomes are tolerable on the condition that they aren't the high tech race

if anything i hate the squids
ab0udr.jpg

The tinker gnomes of the Dragonlance campaign setting, and the similar gnomes that later appeared in D&D's Known World campaign setting, are the worthwhile version of gnomes. The standard AD&D gnome is merely a mixture of traits already appearing in the earlier demi-human races of elves, dwarves, and halflings, without anything to distinguish it.
I love your D&D\AD&D posts with images like this, it brings back such good memories of the table top game and the various books I use to own like Unearthed Arcana, Dungeoneers\Wilderness Survival guide and this one

When I went to university in 1996 I sadly gave all of it to one of my brothers so these images are indelible :salute:

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
so when is this going to released officially? not touching any pre-pre-pre-pre release thing.

Would be even better i guess to wait a year after release for a remastered version

Herumor

Scholar
so when is this going to released officially? not touching any pre-pre-pre-pre release thing.
No one knows for sure. Larian has said they're hoping for 2023 release, but given the rate they're going with class / patch releases, Q4 2023 is more likely than anything earlier.
Would be even better i guess to wait a year after release for a remastered version
Two years more like it. And be prepared for every single act after Act 1 to disappoint in terms of polish and quality. For all that I truly do loathe them prolonging the wait, they do spend time working on the feedback they're given, but that's a problem for full game content, because everything past Act 1 remains to be tested out properly.

On a side note, in the past I had complaints about the Playable Character over-acting any reaction as an alcoholic destitute street mime every time the camera lingered a single second on his face...
So I'm glad to see that Larian... Extended this behavior to the companions, too, for some reason.

Larianshill

Arbiter
Well, overall Lore Bard proved to be somewhat of a disappointment. I'm going to wait until they hotfix the crashes, and then try Valor.

Mortmal

Arcane
Seeing how much effort they put into Bard. If they do the same with Monk; such as grapple, suplex, interesting unarmed techniques, maybe wrestling moves, etc. I will unironically sing their praises.
At this rate it will be in two more years , people were complaining about solasta graphics and faces they sure wont complain about that here , nor complain about the animations. But that's everything you will have, a very good looking game , it's still wont go past level 10 at best, you still get only the base classes in the core book and not even everything there, not even every schools of magics. Few choices in the already very mainstream rpg ruleset that is 5E.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
IMO the question is if it launches in early 2023 or if it ends up getting pushed to summer. I can't see it being delayed beyond that.

Larianshill

Arbiter
Dragonborn seem to have been datamined.
db1.png

db2.png

I'm more interested in bodies than heads, to be honest. Recently WotC started depicting them with tails (dragonborn never had tails before), and I wonder if Larian will make their dragonborn more like DOS2 lizards. I'd certainly like that, they are more visually interesting.

Sarathiour

Cipher
Wait, Balthazar from ToB ? I hope this will close the case about canon being a total nonsensical thing to care about, especially coming from wotc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom