Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
The year is 2079. Man-kind is on the verge of economic and climate collapse. In the wake of the bioleak of '43, a new race of Jaguar-Insect hybrids is waging war on Eastern Europe. The UN has been usurped by The Krajina Empire under the glorious leadership of Cyborg-Emperor Volodymyr Zelenskyj. The Social Justice Front in charge of The American Remnant is making its last, violent stand against The Rapefugees streaming into the former US territories in an attempt to escape The Drug Cartel Coalition of cocaine-mutated latin-americans swarming the south. The phi variant of the Corona-virus has killed every single human-being in China and on the African continent, while the tech-utopia of neobuddhist Tibet is attempting to quarantine the remainder of the Asian nations. Putin's children are in exile in Siberia while the civil war that broke out in 2023 still rages in the rest of Russia. The Game of Thrones-reboot is on its 29th season.

Larian releases Patch 93 for Baldur's Gate 3, which consists of two new combat voice lines for an enemy type as well as tweaks to barrel physics.
Cyberpunk 2078 plot revealed.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The year is 2079. Man-kind is on the verge of economic and climate collapse. In the wake of the bioleak of '43, a new race of Jaguar-Insect hybrids is waging war on Eastern Europe. The UN has been usurped by The Krajina Empire under the glorious leadership of Cyborg-Emperor Volodymyr Zelenskyj. The Social Justice Front in charge of The American Remnant is making its last, violent stand against The Rapefugees streaming into the former US territories in an attempt to escape The Drug Cartel Coalition of cocaine-mutated latin-americans swarming the south. The phi variant of the Corona-virus has killed every single human-being in China and on the African continent, while the tech-utopia of neobuddhist Tibet is attempting to quarantine the remainder of the Asian nations. Putin's bastard children are in exile in Siberia while the civil war that broke out in 2023 still rages in the rest of Russia. The Game of Thrones-reboot is on its 29th season.

Dayum, I would read that cyberpunk novel :)

Johnny Biggums

Learned
The year is 2079. Man-kind is on the verge of economic and climate collapse. In the wake of the bioleak of '43, a new race of Jaguar-Insect hybrids is waging war on Eastern Europe. The UN has been usurped by The Krajina Empire under the glorious leadership of Cyborg-Emperor Volodymyr Zelenskyj. The Social Justice Front in charge of The American Remnant is making its last, violent stand against The Rapefugees streaming into the former US territories in an attempt to escape The Drug Cartel Coalition of cocaine-mutated latin-americans swarming the south. The phi variant of the Corona-virus has killed every single human-being in China and on the African continent, while the tech-utopia of neobuddhist Tibet is attempting to quarantine the remainder of the Asian nations. Putin's bastard children are in exile in Siberia while the civil war that broke out in 2023 still rages in the rest of Russia. The Game of Thrones-reboot is on its 29th season.

Larian releases Early Access Patch 93 for Baldur's Gate 3, which consists of two new combat voice lines for an enemy type as well as tweaks to barrel physics.
Unpaid Larian shills, having taken up residence in a warren of dirty holes that PfizerRaytheon assured them was bomb-proof, don triple-masked genderqueer avatars and surge into the metaverse to combat phantasmal grognards. “It’s called Early Access for a reason!”

scytheavatar

Scholar
With a planned release date in early-mid 2023 or whatever they originally said you'd assume this is the final patch, right?
I was under the assumption they'd want to eventually release all the classes into the EA version for free QA feedback purposes but at this point I wonder if they're deliberately saving some of them for the full release.

Planned release date as officially announced by Sven was 2023, Larian never mentioned anything about early or mid or late. People like you just made assumptions.

Also the old official line is that all 12 core classes from the PHB will be available in full release (so that's 2 more classes to be released) but that we may or may not get all subclasses.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Larian releases Early Access Patch 93 for Baldur's Gate 3, which consists of two new combat voice lines for an enemy type as well as tweaks to barrel physics.
Unpaid Larian shills, having taken up residence in a warren of dirty holes that PfizerRaytheon assured them was bomb-proof, don triple-masked genderqueer avatars and surge into the metaverse to combat phantasmal grognards. “It’s called Early Access for a reason!”
:bunkertime:

BruceVC

Magister
Guys no one forces you to participate in early access in games, its completely voluntary and then writing off any game because of early access design mechanics seems .....counterproductive to me?

And also we have all experienced the frustration of a game getting full release and its not ready and has performance and other bugs like Cyb2077, lets not wish this initial reception on BG3 by demanding its released before its ready. If we have to wait till 2024, which I doubt, lets trust Larian has reasons for the delay :cool:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
then writing off any game because of early access design mechanics seems
Yes, I am certain they will convert it into real time action game for the full release.
After all this is early access and nothing is set in stone.
Goddamn boerposters.

Sentinel

Arcane
I played the EA for the first time recently and thought it was quite good. If Larian had a good team of writers this could definitely be one of the games of all time.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
writing off any game because of early access design mechanics seems .....counterproductive to me?
I strongly believe that Early Access can be detrimental to the quality of the final product, because often the dev's vision loses clarity and cohesion under the pressure of submitting updates and driving average interest from people who are not necessarily interested in the final game or are going to buy it.

In the worst instances when your product is as popular as BG3 for example, the voices of sensible and knowledgable (therefore valuable) part of the community can be drowned in those of the worthless but numerous part of the community.

BruceVC

Magister
writing off any game because of early access design mechanics seems .....counterproductive to me?
I strongly believe that Early Access can be detrimental to the quality of the final product, because often the dev's vision loses clarity and cohesion under the pressure of submitting updates and driving average interest from people who are not necessarily interested in the final game or are going to buy it.

In the worst instances when your product is as popular as BG3 for example, the voices of sensible and knowledgable (therefore valuable) part of the community can be drowned in those of the worthless but numerous part of the community.
You make good points here, how do you feel about BG3. Are you excited or disappointed and if you have had any bad early access experiences are these enough to write off this game for you?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
You make good points here, how do you feel about BG3. Are you excited or disappointed and if you have had any bad early access experiences are these enough to write off this game for you?
I don't expect Larian to improve their development process beyond what they showed with D:OS/2. And frankly, why would they improve it, these games were both a huge success for them. Therefore I expect BG3 to resemble D:OS/2 and be fairly well-polished and even interesting in the first ~20 hours, which is the Early Access parts. Тhe rest will be half-finished areas, with filler/padding where actual content should have been.

The fact they don't say a much or make updates that often as Grunker points out, may be the result of a marketing strategy. But knowing Larian/Swen's style, and their record with D:OS/2's final condtion, it seems more likely that they are currently in the process of rushing the closing chapters and polishing what they already have set in place, looking to release in the fall of 2023.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom