Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Padzi

Arbiter
Yeah I mean if you see a protagonist with green hair, horns and a tail at its back, you know who the target audience is.
I post him as a reminder.
:lol:

02QQ5XEHDvAfaoXmMHYhySS-2.fit_lim.size_768x.png

:lol:

Harthwain

Magister
Dont know why I am complaining. This game is targeted for 12 year olds and they will love it.
Sounds like an argument from 2000s. The game is "rated M (Mature 17+) by ESRB", by the way.

My take: the game is aimed at 30-40 year olds who don't have too much time (casuals), because they have families and work.

Yeah I mean if you see a protagonist with green hair, horns and a tail at its back, you know who the target audience is.
You may be surprised. Swen* complained that the majority of players went with a plain white man, instead of a horned non-human with a tail (or something like that).

* Well, maybe not Swen specifically. More like somebody from Larian who wrote the complaint about what character was made the most in the character creator.

Last edited:

ropetight

Savant
i should also note that RTwP and TB is pretty much the same as whether you wipe your ass standing or sitting. there isn't enough arguing to change a mind on that.
Exactly, huge difference - one is making you feel shitty whole day, and other is the way it is done properly.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
If you're going to try and seem intelligent and also chide people for not using proper English, you should learn a bit yourself.
Oh, and here comes the asshurt ESL, his butt cheeks probably still chapped from all the job interviews he got turned down for because he could barely speak.

I'm chiding him for not reading English, not for not using it correctly. The guy can obviously barely spell.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
If you're going to try and seem intelligent and also chide people for not using proper English, you should learn a bit yourself.
Oh, and here comes the asshurt ESL, his butt cheeks probably still chapped from all the job interviews he got turned down for because he could barely speak.

I'm chiding him for not reading English, not for not using it correctly. The guy can obviously barely spell.

I'm ESL? Good to know. Learn the fucking language, asshat.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Either ESL or just too stupid to understand the difference between reading and writing. Probably both.

It's amazing you think this is even a gotcha. "UM ACKCHYUALLY ITS IN AND NOT AND!" Ok? Good to know. :lol:

Last edited:

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I love the fact that me even mentioning rt vs tb got all the haters to sperg out about it again. As if they didn't know it was turnbased for years now.

Thanks for making my argument for me. :M

This is exactly what I'm talking about. It's stupid criticism for criticism's sake. It doesn't matter that the original game was trying to emulate PnP, or that Wizard's approached Larian specifically because they wanted a turn-based game and were impressed with DOS 2. It doesn't matter that the RTwP combat in BG was designed to emulate turn-based and wasn't pure RT. You just keep acting like turn-based mechanics are alien to the series anyway.

You're just broken records that've been spewing the same old complaints for years.

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Patron
Either ESL or just too stupid to understand the difference between reading and writing. Probably both.

It's amazing you think this is even a gotcha. "UM ACKCHYUALLY ITS IN AND NOT AND!" Ok? Good to know. :lol:

It's amazing you still can't register how stupid you'd have to be to think that "Case and point" makes sense as a saying and might somehow be equivalent to "Case in point" and are now in some sort of try-hard denial.

I love the fact that me even mentioning rt vs tb got all the haters to sperg out about it again. As if they didn't know it was turnbased for years now.

Turn-based or turn based. Turnbased is not a word in English.

You're just broken records that've been spewing the same old complains for years.

Here you go:

https://writingtips.org/complaint-vs-complain/
To recap, we learned that the difference between these words is:

• ‘Complain’ is a verb is used to express pain, discomfort, or unease.
  • ‘Complaint’ is as a noun and refers to the actual expression of discomfort, pain, or grief. A written statement could be a complaint.
These words might look similar, but they have slightly different meanings.

Look, I have no real problems with whatever subhuman stock you come from living among us here in the civilized West, but if you can't even be bothered to learn the language, you should go back to whatever hole you crawled out of. Fucking hillbilly.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
It's amazing you still can't register how stupid you'd have to be to think that "Case and point" makes sense as a saying and might somehow be equivalent to "Case in point" and are now in some sort of try-hard denial.
"noooooooooooo! it's in not and! this makes everything you've ever said WRONG!"

Ok, sped. And what does vorlourn's spelling retard 'retart' make him? (Other than a mildly amusing larper.)

Here you go:
This was a typo. I didn't hit the t key. I would rather be a normal human that makes the occasional typo that whatever variety of Asperger's loser you are.

If I actually cared about any of this, I could look through your post history and find the misspellings and grammatical errors we all know are there, but I'll just settle for calling you a whiny faggot and moving on. :M

mediocrepoet

Patron
I'm ESL? Good to know
Well duh, you're Canadian, are you not?
lol, no wonder he's so butthurt. his flag's a fucking leaf. :lol:

In English, we capitalize letters at the beginning of sentences and proper nouns. Generations of inbreeding seem to have removed this knowledge from your ilk. Do you actually type, or do you just slam your face into your keyboard until something posts?

Anyway, good job at moving on. You manage to fail in new and fascinating ways which explains a lot.

Have a fabulous day!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom