Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Production values are through the roof, despite all the romance degeneracy, since the Witcher 3 I haven't see so much care with cinematics, character and world design.
Their cinematography/directorial skills are NOWHERE NEAR as good, frankly, but at least this one can claim to be a fully fledged CRPG with a shitload of granular reactivity and interactivity.
And nitpicking aside in the "isometric CRPG" subgenre there's nothing even remotely comparable when it comes to production value.

Frankly the EA comes even with some genuine good moment in terms of writing/character moments. Too bad that it gets dilute in their... questionable sense of humor (and the way they are blatantly pandering to a certain subset of their fanbase).

Last edited:

ChildInTime

Savant
Production values are through the roof, despite all the romance degeneracy, since the Witcher 3 I haven't see so much care with cinematics, character and world design.
I mean, you can just not engage in any of the indecency and fuck Shadowheart for the sole purpose of procreation. And yeah, just the fact that they have all those reactions to characters being drow/dragons/sorcerers/mindflayers/whatever is an achievement, no game has done it on this scale ever before.

Zeriel

Arcane
I mean, you can just not engage in any of the indecency and fuck Shadowheart for the sole purpose of procreation. And yeah, just the fact that they have all those reactions to characters being drow/dragons/sorcerers/mindflayers/whatever is an achievement, no game has done it on this scale ever before.

It's really hard to just not "engage in any of it" when the game slaps you around the face with it. The giggle squee fumes hit me as soon as I started playing the alpha/beta when the EA first came out, you don't get more than a few feet outside of illithid spaceship before the fanfiction-off begins.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Interesting that the dark urge is the only origin character you can't recruit as a companion. Also he's completely customizable, including class, which none of the other origin characters are.

Pretty big incentive to play as an evil murder lizard. Wonder what his backstory is, maybe related to the god of murder? Considering it's propensity to kill and eat everything.

ChildInTime

Savant
Interesting that the dark urge is the only origin character you can't recruit as a companion. Also he's completely customizable, including class, which none of the other origin characters are.

Pretty big incentive to play as an evil murder lizard. Wonder what his backstory is, maybe related to the god of murder? Considering it's propensity to kill and eat everything.
I have a feeling that he/she was the original main character before they retooled the whole game to include other companions as playable characters.

He's not even a "lizard", You can play it with any race, sex, class.
Basically he's not even a "character" per se, but some sort of "super-charged" tag that you can pick and apply to any custom character.

Larianshill

Arbiter
If you have early access I think you can start playing the full game 3 days early.
Yes, this is why I said 24 days. Otherwise it would be 27 days.

Basically he's not even a "character" per se, but some sort of "super-charged" tag that you can pick and apply to any custom character.
No questions about Custom Tav I have were answered on this panel. It's pretty clear that Dark Urge will have some unique content. But what about Custom Character? We take Shadowheart, and we take a custom half-elf female cleric of Shar. Will the custom character be able to experience any content that Shadowheart wouldn't?

ChildInTime

Savant
Dragonborn looks so cool.
3CsYBiY.jpg

Sup, just dreamin' bout murder and stuff.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
If you have early access I think you can start playing the full game 3 days early.
Yes, this is why I said 24 days. Otherwise it would be 27 days.

No questions about Custom Tav I have were answered on this panel. It's pretty clear that Dark Urge will have some unique content. But what about Custom Character? We take Shadowheart, and we take a custom half-elf female cleric of Shar. Will the custom character be able to experience any content that Shadowheart wouldn't?

Yes, I think. Larian have a lot of resources, they could do something like that.

Shrimp

Liturgist
I'm still not entirely sure what class I want to roll with as my PC :negative:

I was hoping today's stream would help me make a choice once I saw what the new and secret companion was, so I could pick something based on the companions I'd be interested in. But seeing as The Dark Urge appears to be a stand-in for a murder hobo PC that cannot be recruited I still haven't been able to decide.
Only thing I know for sure is I'll be recruiting Shadowheart since the device she's carrying around seems fairly important. Since the game somewhat railroads you into running into her immediately after the tutorial section on the ship I imagine Larian also really wants you to recruit her, so I want to see what her deal is.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
They confirmed warlock patron interactions! So cool! I wonder about Great old one warlock!

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
This game looks very good, which is really a surprise after DIVOS2.

As someone who belongs to a race whose origin stories include not one but two different tales of wolf impregnation I cannot make judgment on the gay bear sex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom