Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Reinhardt

Arcane
could be worse. at least she's not asking you to go shopping like in tranny wrath.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

And people bitch about an obvious joke with a party member that was meant as a joke in the first place.

Which part are you talking about that was an obvious joke?
Is not the first time they use Astarion for silly suff. The whole character in the game is basically an half elf, snobbish noble wanna be pompous character. Once they used him in a valentine day clip and the video was so hilariously bad. Astarion is pretty much a meme character and was always like this.

Even the way he talks in game is designed as a meme.

Reinhardt

Arcane
could be worse. at least she's not asking you to go shopping like in tranny wrath.
No companion in either pathfinder games is worse than this shit. Not even close
Not even the orc elf couple in open relationship with possible "throuple" relationship with player character?
oh, and bitch brings her mother to your throne room. even if she leaves your party mother stays. SUPPORT ME, PAYPIG!

La vie sexuelle

Learned
No companion in either pathfinder games is worse than this shit. Not even close
Not even the orc elf couple in open relationship with possible "throuple" relationship with player character?

Only Astarion is truly weird and has default homosexual mindset (characters are playersexual, but rest of them act hetero). No former-sex-fiend-now-newborn-virgin-succubus or referenced above orc-elf couple.

Rhobar121

Scholar
Unlike Bioware, Larian simply met the players' expectations. I remember people complaining (of course codex too) that the character didn't look attractive enough so they changed it.

Rhobar121

Scholar
I guess hate for bg3 cause amnesia.
In Kingsmaker we had half elf and half orc, their cringe level was no different from Astarion. In Wotr we have Nienio, Ember, Camelia and Arushae

Last edited:

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
OtZy05c.jpg

ArchAngel

Arcane
I guess hate for bg3 cause amnesia.
In Kingsmaker we had half elf and half orc, their cringe level was no different from Astarion. In Wotr we have Nienio, Ember, Camelia and Arushae
All of them are better than this shit. And if you are going to go into random NPC behavious, this thiefling chick is also worse than all those mentioned by what they shown us. I can only guess the level of cringe other BG3 companions attain.

Shrimp

Liturgist
They updated Wyll's Bio on the official page in accordance with his background apparently being rewritten. I guess this also explains why he apparently wants to kill Karlach if you run into her.

6nEQO44.png

turkishronin

Arcane
Bear in mind that this could just be a marketing trick
I see a lot of people talking about BG3 now who didn't care previously
Yea that is what Bud Light said - "Now they are all talking about us!"
Except Bud Light's core customers were conservatives while RPG fanbase is filled with homosexuals, furries and trannies.

Elttharion

Learned
Bear in mind that this could just be a marketing trick
I see a lot of people talking about BG3 now who didn't care previously
The game shot up to the top of the steam charts fwiw. Its was obviously a calculated move and generated a lot of buzz around the title, for better or worse.

The Jacob Taylor of BG3.
I didn't think the character was THAT bad. In fact I was vaguely interested in his backstory (aaand especially in anything concerning Mizora).

It's just that as a "build" he currently sucks ass to spectacular degrees. There's "Not min-maxed" and there's "We trained him wrong on purpose, as a joke".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom