Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
thats-where-the-trouble-began-v0-q79x86zipkab1.jpg

Terenty

Liturgist
This Karlach character is a complete cringe incarnate. Wtf she's supposed to be a battle hardened veteran, but she looks like a model with barely a scratch on her face (her head looks like it doesn't belong to her body) and talks like some cheap Tv soap opera character for housewives. "You gonna be the best mom!" "I wanna go on a date!" Fuck that shit.

If it's indicative of the rest of writing in the game, then no thanks

ArchAngel

Arcane
I think there was an intentional effort to show sex and violence in yesterday's stream. Very oldschool marketing approach really.
Literally voted by a crowd of nerds, who just picked the most trolling answers.
People there are their biggest fans, they would cheer if Larian asked them to bleed themselves on the spot. But you are trying to sell the game to everyone else

ArchAngel

Arcane
This Karlach character is a complete cringe incarnate. Wtf she's supposed to be a battle hardened veteran, but she looks like a model with barely a scratch on her face (her head looks like it doesn't belong to her body) and talks like some cheap Tv soap opera character for housewives. "You gonna be the best mom!" "I wanna go on a date!" Fuck that shit.

When I saw that on stream I didn't know the background of that character but that VO and dialogue was just beyond terrible. Now with that background that I learned afterwards BG3 seems like a parody of real RPGs like PST. Anyone buying this shit is endorsing decline that has not slowed or stopped. It is why I barely bother playing new RPG

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane

Where did you get to see/hear her lines? Can you give a brother a link/timestamp

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Why is everyone freaking out about sex with bears in this game when you already got raped over and over again by bears in Elden Ring?

Gay sex with bears, explicit genitalia, polyamory, etc.

The only thing missing is being able to fuck a child. Looking at their audience and the developers, I would think the majority wouldn't mind a bit of pedophilia being thrown in.

I think there was an intentional effort to show sex and violence in yesterday's stream. Very oldschool marketing approach really.

I instantly thought of this. I did get very hyped when I saw this trailer so maybe you're right.

Maybe it's just my fierce hatred for giant pauldrons speaking, but I always amused myself imagining knights in the Dragon Age series raising their hands over their heads and immediately dying with their head crushed, nutcracker style.

Perkel

Arcane
Why is everyone freaking out about sex with bears in this game when you already got raped over and over again by bears in Elden Ring?

Gay sex with bears, explicit genitalia, polyamory, etc.

The only thing missing is being able to fuck a child. Looking at their audience and the developers, I would think the majority wouldn't mind a bit of pedophilia being thrown in.

Wait what ? Is this game made by Larian or Loverslab ? Wait both start with L...

Gargaune

Arcane
@Gargaune you know what? It was dawning on me that despise their irrational attachment to the toilet chain Larian probably hate these controls as well.

There's no public demonstration they made where they don't systematically ditch the party and try to do some convoluted shit with a single character, because in the end they know at an instinctive level that manoeuvring around with a full group feels like garbage.
I skimmed the panel and, now that you mention it, yes, I didn't notice them forming subgroups and stuff. I genuinely don't get it, the controls are so gratuitously horrible it's a breeding ground for conspiracy theories. Like "hey, if controlling your party feels like punching yourself in the balls, people will go multiplayer", or "no, Jean, we're not going to fix the controls because I hate that guy with the chicken avatar on the Codex."

Yeah, it's the form that irritates me more than the substance. I know the Forgotten Realms aren't a one-for-one of the Middle Ages, it never was, but would it kill RPG writers today to just try and contextualise language a little bit? I don't need Shakespearean courtship, but the verbiage is so painfully contemporary I half expect to find Steve Stiffler in the bushes.

And before anyone gets on my ass for nitpicking, here:

1) "I want to go on a date. A first date. No weapons, no monsters, no mysterious voices... just you and me and dinner."

2) "For once, I'd like to spend time with someone. Take me away from all this, from steel and monsters and mysterious voices... just the two of us in a quiet little tavern."

Which one sounds more appropriate to a quasi-medieval fantasy?

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
You don't understand. Larian is trolling gay sex romances in RPGs. We are finally entering the post Bioware era.

Elttharion

Learned

Barbarian

Arcane
Mannish tiefling gurl with broad shoulders and female bodybuilder physique. Body full of scars but face left unscathed.

Maybe she used to wear a full faced helmet?

:troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom