Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
this is good some/all attribute distributions were pretty retarded
vO2VIEJ.png

Larianshill

Arbiter
This is good. You don't want Lae'zel and Karlach to compete for the same turf of magical two-handed weapons.

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
So how many companions do we have now?

Gale
Shadowheart
Astarion
Wyle
Lazael
Jaheira (??)
Minthara (??)
Minsc (??)

Larianshill

Arbiter
Confirmed, we have 10 - Astarion, Shadowheart, Lae'zel, Wyll, Gale, Karlach, Minsc, Mintharra, Jaheira, Halsin. Dark Urge is an origin, but not a companion, from what it seems. There may be more companions they're keeping secret, act 3 ones.

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
Well, at least more than I had expected. Hopefully Xan, Xzar and Monty will show up too.

Darth Valer

Literate
People are making such a fus over a larian joke. I played the early access and again was good.
-Quests are multiple way to get solved
-Quests can fail
-Rolls check on your actual abilities.
-Fantastic fun on turn based combat with even pen and paper abilities usually don't get translated in to videogames.
-Solid stealth system
-Solid way to solve problems or making your stealthy characters to move around.
-Challengin encounters.
-You can fail such checks sometimes they create interesting situation sometimes total screw up.
-Lot of exploring to do is not just scenery you can find secret passages that often can lead you to some mini dungeons.

And people bitch about an obvious joke with a party member that was meant as a joke in the first place.
Excuse me but dost thou actually believe the stealth system in BG 3 is good? It's my main issue with the game, tbh.

Enemies can only spot you in their cone of vision and have no sound awareness. Every charachter can get behind foes even in Plate armor and being proficient in stealth is only worth in the rare cases in which, in the dark, you can't avoid their "red triangles".
Solasta implemented "circles of noises" around PGs scaling with Stealth score and armor weight and that is a pretty good system.
In BG 3 it looks like you can virtually always get a Surprise Round in any encounter with any class, which is giga-cringe.

Larianshill

Arbiter
Well, at least more than I had expected. Hopefully Xan, Xzar and Monty will show up too.
I am expecting Edwin. If Edwin is not a companion, I would be surprised. If Edwin is not in the game at all, I would be shocked. I'm expecting Edwina to show up too, and I'm expecting all the usual suspects to be very upset over it.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I am expecting Edwin. If Edwin is not a companion, I would be surprised. If Edwin is not in the game at all, I would be shocked. I'm expecting Edwina to show up too, and I'm expecting all the usual suspects to be very upset over it.
Will he/she/they/them still have Edwin's amulet?

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Edwin is a human, he's dead of old age.

(Minsc in BG3 isn't really Minsc, he's a reanimated Minsc statue)

Harthwain

Magister
I hate culture warriors from both sides, people having a retarded fit over the bear, like cool you can say shit is retarded but there is genuinely people wanting this to be removed. Grow the fuck up ass, titties , gay bears and whatever makes you cry? What a fucking little bitch

It should be removed. And you are a disgusting furry.
I find it a bit funny, because back in time making a joke like that would get a bit of laugh and people would've moved on. Nobody would be asking for removing that. But I get that - people are tired of LGBT being so omnipresent despite being a very small minority. As far as Larian is concerned, however, I think it's safe to say they are the kind of old-school developers (or at least Swen is, and I bet he's calling the shots) to be cool with something like gay bears for the sake of silly fun.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
So this new tiefling character, Karlach is it? Is she a romance option or what

Yes I'm a degenerate, sue me
LgnBvw7.png

She acts like a 10 year old child if thats your thing

There are lines that are made in delivery, so I kinda wanted to check if maybe the VO salvaged this AND HOLY FUCKING SHIT SHE REALLY DIDN'T.

Anyway, ower twenty years efter, Annah's aye th' best tiefling.

BruceVC

Magister
Confirmed, we have 10 - Astarion, Shadowheart, Lae'zel, Wyll, Gale, Karlach, Minsc, Mintharra, Jaheira, Halsin. Dark Urge is an origin, but not a companion, from what it seems. There may be more companions they're keeping secret, act 3 ones.
Yes Dark Urge is an origin and you to select it as part of background

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom