Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Takamori

Learned
Gargaune you know what? It was dawning on me that despise their irrational attachment to the toilet chain Larian probably hate these controls as well.

There's no public demonstration they made where they don't systematically ditch the party and try to do some convoluted shit with a single character, because in the end they know at an instinctive level that manoeuvring around with a full group feels like garbage.
I wonder why dont they fix it, do they hate themselves and everyone?

jf8350143

Liturgist
Gargaune you know what? It was dawning on me that despise their irrational attachment to the toilet chain Larian probably hate these controls as well.

There's no public demonstration they made where they don't systematically ditch the party and try to do some convoluted shit with a single character, because in the end they know at an instinctive level that manoeuvring around with a full group feels like garbage.
I wonder why dont they fix it, do they hate themselves and everyone?
It requires too much work, they have more important things to do, like motion capture a vampire fucking a bear.

Takamori

Learned
Hey Tuco should post that in the Larian thread: "Hey you fucks not even you guys like this piece of shit of chained party why don't you fix this? Who is holding you guys hostage?"

Child of Malkav

Erudite
So a thought came to me: what about the other forms?
I'm not sure if you play as a druid and you get to romance someone...what precisely are you going to see on the screen?
And what if you as a druid will romance Halsin? What unholy abominations will visit your vision as you witness the degeneracy unfold before your eyes?

jf8350143

Liturgist
So a thought came to me: what about the other forms?
I'm not sure if you play as a druid and you get to romance someone...what precisely are you going to see on the screen?
And what if you as a druid will romance Halsin? What unholy abominations will visit your vision as you witness the degeneracy unfold before your eyes?
It's a cut scene, there won't be any other forms. It will stay the same no matter the race and classes.

Frozen

Arcane
7rvrur.jpg

Zeriel

Arcane
Typical ranting about degeneracy aside, I'm really salty they ignored the calls for a more involved multiplayer dialogue system for the whole 3 years this game was in early access. What's the point of setting up a party with friends if only one person can be involved in each instance of dialogue? They might as well have made the other players spectators outside of combat, meh.
I love how they had the perfect solution in DOS, and then just threw it away for the sequel and BG3.

It's pretty clear after DOS1's success that their hiring spree completely changed the studio. They haven't been the same since. It's very sad, but old Larian is dead as a doornail.

Zeriel

Arcane
https://blog.playstation.com/2023/0...in-character-the-dark-urge-in-baldurs-gate-3/

Introducing fully customizable Origin character The Dark Urge in Baldur’s Gate 3​

Introducing fully customizable Origin character The Dark Urge in Baldur’s Gate 3

Bringing forth a trove of malevolent reactivity to Baldur’s Gate when it hits PS5 September 6.

Everything you do in your playthrough of Baldur’s Gate 3 affects the course of your journey. And it starts at the character creation screen.

Each class, race, background, and Origin character has rippling effects on the world around you, triggering subtle permutations that change the Forgotten Realms in big, small, good, bad, exciting, and sometimes very bad ways.

What is an Origin character? They’re essentially playable heroes, each with their own stories, desires, and attitudes toward the world around you. If you don’t play as them, they each become companions, who you may (or may not) recruit throughout your journey.

You may have already met Shadowheart, Wyll, Gale, Astarion, Lae’zel, and Karlach – heroes with their own tales to tell, driven by your choices as the player. Of course, you can also customize your character and create an entirely new avatar, weaving their story through your actions with the same amount of depth & reactivity.

Today, however, we’re looking at an entirely new way to play Baldur’s Gate 3. The Dark Urge. A completely new customizable Origin, The Dark Urge can be created as any of the 11 races you’d like, but with their own Origin-like Dark Urge story as the backbone of your adventure.

Bringing forth a trove of malevolent reactivity to Baldur’s Gate, let’s talk about The Dark Urge.

Become The Dark Urge​

The Dark Urge embodies the darkest recesses of the moral spectrum. With alabaster skin and a hulking dragonborn frame, The Dark Urge’s preset design is an imposing one, glaring back with the piercing gaze of a predator. However, this is also a fully customizable character. Its class, appearance, species, and gender are completely up to you. After all, evil can reside within anyone, irrespective of how they appear.

If you’ve been following our community-driven murder mystery Blood in Baldur’s Gate, you’ll be familiar with the Dark Urge’s simple but effective modus operandi: to murder brutally and indiscriminately. The Dark Urge is driven to commit some of the most lurid acts of violence that you’ll encounter in the game, and playing as this character, you’ll either indulge your most depraved impulses or resist them. We hope this character will whet the appetite of horror fans and those who seek a more sinister character to inhabit during their playthrough.

Stepping into the role of the Dark Urge, you begin Baldur’s Gate 3 with your memory lost after an unfortunate encounter between a parasitic tadpole and your brain. Now all that’s left is an insatiable urge. An urge that makes itself known in your subconscious, through your deepest thoughts, and in your dialogue options. Dark Urge gives players the opportunity to explore their dark side and let their subconscious urges bubble to the surface in the form of sinister responses and permutations.

The Dark Urge customizable Origin holds many secrets, but it’s for you to discover what they are and where this brutal new darkness hails from.

giphy.gif

Just as an innocent squirrel, propelled with full force off a cliff, meets a tragic end, so too do the fragile hopes of those unfortunate enough to encounter you on the road. The Dark Urge is guided by Sceleritas Fel, your vile and loyal servant who lives only to see you return to your rightful bloodstained path. His words of encouragement are like poison in your mind, fueling your impulses. But it’s a poison that tastes like honey if you’re so inclined.

Despite your impulses as The Dark Urge, you are still a member of the party facing an arduous journey to Baldur’s Gate. Your party – in spite of your urges – will do its best to be there for you, and for those you grow closest to, you can still form relationships & romances. How they manifest compared to the others, however, is a tale only you can tell when Baldur’s Gate 3 releases on September 6 on PlayStation 5.
Behold, the one who is prophesized to end degeneracy in the lands. With claws, brutality and determination.

I mean, you don't know what the "permutations" for the romances are. Maybe the "Dark Urge" culminates in cutting off your dick and bending over for Astarion.

jungl

Augur
nice I mean what crpg besides kotor showered the player and compels them with comically evil choices.

Baldurs gate 3 has lot of roleplay options which is refreshing from the kickstarter era fiasco encylopedia tumblr lore whore text heavy obsidian games or the pathfinder games where evil is just grrrrr kill everyone..

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I will keep expectations low, but the Dark Urge has potential. Obviously, both custom characters and the Dark Urge will fight the same bosses and follow the same path, and so there is only so much a unique origin can depart from or alter the main path. Still, Larian could continue to create origins with specific challenges, goals, or mechanics (.e.g., whatever the souleater curse is in MotB; not that I am suggesting this though).

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

I am looking forward to it i played the early access and i had to stop because i liked it so much i was fearing to get burn out before the release of the game. People are being too harsh .

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Buy a CRPG sequel to BG3, get a zoophilia game with tranny pronouns.

Truly, Early Access is pain.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom