Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Behold, the one who is prophesized to end degeneracy in the lands. With claws, brutality and determination.
People are just going to want to bang the squirrel killing lizard, just like they creamed themselves over Thane from ME2.

jf8350143

Liturgist
My bet is the dark urge is just a way for you to play the "fuck you DM I'm gonna ruin you plan" kind character.

Which is kind refeshing but unltimately it makes you missing bunch of content because you are a murder hobo.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
But even I can't take what Larian is doing here. It's not the gay beastiality makes me mad, it's their god awful writing. If done right romance can help the player know a character better and get attached to them, but all Larian care about is "look isni't it funny a druid turns into a bear during sex?".
I normally defend Larian's writing in this game (not in any other), but I have to agree here. This is Avengers-like garbage.

Even if they did want to put it in their game, I didn't need to see it, and I didn't need to know about it. Now anyone who sees BG3 will recognize it as the game that lets you bang a bear.

Off topic: your profile pic looks like Elf Dylan Mulvaney.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Larian marketing team + writing team:

1688792878765.png

I bet whoever handles their social media is seriously pissed off with the amount of related complaints they have to bear.
:troll:

Zeriel

Arcane
My bet is the dark urge is just a way for you to play the "fuck you DM I'm gonna ruin you plan" kind character.

Which is kind refeshing but unltimately it makes you missing bunch of content because you are a murder hobo.

Eh you can kill everything in the game already. That's part of Larian's N+1 design. So you can do that with any character. This seems more like, if you want to experience the Dark Urge storyline, you can't meaninglessly kill everyone at the drop of a hat/when you first meet them, because there will be scripted experiences throughout the game with it. You might still end up killing them anyway, but you might not, and the fact they mention it having romances and stuff doesn't make it sound like a murderhobo route.

I both do and don't like this idea. What I like about it is that "you have the freedom to do anything!" from Larian was always a lie. If I take an N+1 action and there is no consequence/reactivity to it, it's pointless. They might as well not have that option. So that's good if they're offering some reactivity to being a murderhobo. But there are a lot of ways this could end up being retarded depending on how they write/execute it, we just won't know until we play through the whole game.

BruceVC

Magister
Holy fucking shit. That is awesome.

(The Dark Urge thing, not Zeriel's degenerate sexual fantasies)
https://www.pcgamesn.com/baldurs-gate-3/dark-urge

I agree, its got huge potential and some exciting components like " You’ll be guided by Sceleritas Fel, your loyal but depraved servant who wants you to fulfil your darkest desires – but will you listen?"

I am seriously considering this :cool:

Takamori

Learned

its all so tiresome

I think the worst part is the question coming out after Dark Urge reveal. Like come on its an open story if you wanna be a virtuous person go for it, if you wanna be a unhinged psycho bear fucking whatever also its open for you.
I hate culture warriors from both sides, people having a retarded fit over the bear, like cool you can say shit is retarded but there is genuinely people wanting this to be removed. Grow the fuck up ass, titties , gay bears and whatever makes you cry? What a fucking little bitch

Takamori

Learned

I agree, its got huge potential and some exciting components like " You’ll be guided by Sceleritas Fel, your loyal but depraved servant who wants you to fulfil your darkest desires – but will you listen?"

I actually wanna make a paladin with Dark Urges Origin and try to avoid Oathbreaking with the fun options available.

jf8350143

Liturgist

Eh you can kill everything in the game already. That's part of Larian's N+1 design. So you can do that with any character. This seems more like, if you want to experience the Dark Urge storyline, you can't meaninglessly kill everyone at the drop of a hat/when you first meet them, because there will be scripted experiences throughout the game with it. You might still end up killing them anyway, but you might not, and the fact they mention it having romances and stuff doesn't make it sound like a murderhobo route.

I both do and don't like this idea. What I like about it is that "you have the freedom to do anything!" from Larian was always a lie. If I take an N+1 action and there is no consequence/reactivity to it, it's pointless. They might as well not have that option. So that's good if they're offering some reactivity to being a murderhobo. But there are a lot of ways this could end up being retarded depending on how they write/execute it, we just won't know until we play through the whole game.
You can be a murder hobo and lose a bunch of content when you play as any character, sure. But that's your choice. Playing as Dark Urge requires you to do that to see the exclusive content. Which is why they don't recommend you play it in your first playthrough.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

People are making such a fus over a larian joke. I played the early access and again was good.
-Quests are multiple way to get solved
-Quests can fail
-Rolls check on your actual abilities.
-Fantastic fun on turn based combat with even pen and paper abilities usually don't get translated in to videogames.
-Solid stealth system
-Solid way to solve problems or making your stealthy characters to move around.
-Challengin encounters.
-You can fail such checks sometimes they create interesting situation sometimes total screw up.
-Lot of exploring to do is not just scenery you can find secret passages that often can lead you to some mini dungeons.

And people bitch about an obvious joke with a party member that was meant as a joke in the first place.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
I hate culture warriors from both sides, people having a retarded fit over the bear, like cool you can say shit is retarded but there is genuinely people wanting this to be removed. Grow the fuck up ass, titties , gay bears and whatever makes you cry? What a fucking little bitch

It should be removed. And you are a disgusting furry.

BruceVC

Magister

It should be removed. And you are a disgusting furry.
Why shoud it be removed?

BruceVC

Magister

I actually wanna make a paladin with Dark Urges Origin and try to avoid Oathbreaking with the fun options available.
I was wondering about something similar, how would Dark Urges influence a Paladin?

RegionalHobo

Scholar
played the e.a and i m surprised writting is far better than larian usual shit, game difficulty is pretty high for a default one, game is gorgeous, expected companions to be retarded tier but they are actually more mature than average crpg shit, loot tries to be creative instead of a direct + x boost...

the only thing i disliked is that character customization is waaaay lower than what we have in pathfinder

again with how much i ve heard about companions i was expecting a pile of shit, turns out gale and shadowheart are pretty good and wyll is at least above average vs other characters with his tropes. can t speak about the others because i did not try they at all

i rarely comment on codex but i lurk here for more than a decade and i think this is easily the game with the bigger gap in opinion between me and what ppl here say

Last edited:

Takamori

Learned
played the e.a and i m surprised writting is far better than larian usual shit, game difficulty is pretty high for a default one, game is gorgeous, expected companions to be retarded tier but they are actually more mature than average crpg shit, loot tries to be creative instead of a direct + x boost...

the only thing i disliked is that character customization is waaaay lower than what we have in pathfinder

again with how much i ve heard about companions i was expecting a pile of shit, turns out gale and shadowheart are pretty good and wyll is at least above average vs other characters with his tropes. can t speak about the others because i did not try then at all

i rarely comment on codex but i lurk here for more than a decade and i think this is easily the game with the bigger gap in opinion between me and what ppl here say
Companion wise I always made sure its a me thing the critique, I dont like the style oh this character has this mystery behind and so is special, when every character has a mystery behind it turns into a bland experience.

When simple backgrounds can be more appealing used on the right occasion, like this is farmer Joe before this shit went down he had a simple farm life and he could tell you stuff about farming before he was forced to kill monster or whatever.

Cnaiur

Augur
1. Dark Urge PC
2. Minthara
3. Gale
4. Shadowheart

No bears.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom