Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Yosharian

Arcane
Can you change the classes of companions when you meet them?

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
probably not since some of em are pretty heavily tied to their story (shadowheart at least)
Minsc pure wizard :shredder:

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
seems like it
also Jaheira had druid/sorc levels in stream thats.. interesting

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
hqdefault.jpg

My go to character vanilla dwarven warrior or paladin seems like a really good choice now. Rivers will run red with the blood of degenerates.

HfiPS36l.jpg

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Ah yes the bear (buck) broke the interwebz I see. Mission accomplished.

And everyone should be happy with my game; the woke degenerate furries and of course all of you codex coomers.

I think it's safe to say I got GOTY in the bag.

Modron

Arcane
Unless something truly amazing comes out of nowhere or some earlier than expected releases in the next couple months, I think it's fairly safe to say that Colony Ship will win codex's RPGotY.

Shrimp

Liturgist
oh god, THAT'S what they revealed? Jesus christ Larian
To be fair the final third of the stream where they showcased some of the new areas, general reactivity as well as the different ways you can approach quests, taking down what I assume is an optional boss encounter without entering combat etc. was pretty sick
The absurdity and unexpectedness of the Halsin scene they showed mindbroke so many people that the game probably is going to have even more of a presence on the usual RPG discussion platforms than if they had only showed gameplay. I can't really tell if starting out with this was an actual calculated stunt (especially considering Sven was bumblingly muttering they didn't know what to actually show so they just picked 'a bit of everything') or just them wanting to showcase something to the Bioware demographic. Any PR is good PR I suppose.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Unless something truly amazing comes out of nowhere or some earlier than expected releases in the next couple months, I think it's fairly safe to say that Colony Ship will win codex's RPGotY.
Ha? Is anyone even playing that? Is that released even?

ArchAngel

Arcane
I think there was an intentional effort to show sex and violence in yesterday's stream. Very oldschool marketing approach really.
So old school that at start of stream I was thinking of buying it and now I am hating it completely and went back to playing BG1 to feel better.
And I was their target audience as someone that loved BG but hated DOS games. They already sold it to all DOS fans, they need to get the others

jaekl

Learned
Patron
Don't let them divert your focus with this stupid ass bear so they can trap you with "it's a joke". The scene was cringe as fuck before there was any bear on screen. The whole aesthetic is off-putting, it looks like something you'd see a bunch of dorky chicks gleefully watching on a wine-soaked girls night. It also seems to have the pathfinder problem where every companion is a lame ass clown so you have to make your own party, meaning it's up to you to write characters that the professionals should have. Of course if the companions are this bad, you're going to hate everyone else too so better hope the combat is *OUTSTANDING* because you'll be doing a lot of it as your annoyance with the realm of queers and fairies grows.

:majordecline:

Cnaiur

Augur
So old school that at start of stream I was thinking of buying it and now I am hating it completely and went back to playing BG1 to feel better.
And I was their target audience as someone that loved BG but hated DOS games. They already sold it to all DOS fans, they need to get the others
Believe me, they *have* the others.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom