Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I feel like the best way to play this game is to go full murderhobo and treat it as a dark comedy.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
I like this bird cat

afbeelding.png

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Call me old-fashioned, but I don't think 'serious' RPGs should have meme-characters.

But I guess it's a standard for Larian.
While the amount of meme-characters in Larian games is for more frequent than Bioware games, do keep in mind that BG1 and BG2 have also their fare share of meme-characters, quests and area's.

Gradenmayer

Learned
Game let’s you pick a psychopath origin and kill every companion, to then build your own custom party of berserkers.

I don’t care how much optional cringe shit is there, if player can just kill whomever he doesn’t like (unlike cockfinder: wotr).

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Call me old-fashioned, but I don't think 'serious' RPGs should have meme-characters.

But I guess it's a standard for Larian.
While the amount of meme-characters in Larian games is for more frequent than Bioware games, do keep in mind that BG1 and BG2 have also their fare share of meme-characters, quests and area's.

I play in BG2 right now. Just get in the city and we have: drunk dwarf in Ribalds shop, crazy lady in Ribalds shop, unfaithful husband and his killer wife in Copper Coronet, elf creeping on girls in Copper Coronet, also don't forget about home full of Jansens...and that's perhaps 1/4.

Gradenmayer

Learned
I honestly don't understand why game developers like to give crappy stats so much.
In Kingsmaker, the statistics of half of the companions were simply tragic (19 constitution on Valerie was supposed to be a joke)
It’s probably tuned to beat the game on easy difficulty, but to shit on whoever tries to go with default builds on harder difficulties.

running a characcter with crappy stats is an interesting exercise in pnp, but it's pointless in a computer game where you can just open up an editor and change everything.

Rhobar121

Scholar
running a characcter with crappy stats is an interesting exercise in pnp, but it's pointless in a computer game where you can just open up an editor and change everything.
Sometimes its can even make the game unplayable. I can't imagine playing the default companions in Kingsmaker on a higher than normal level.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I guess hate for bg3 cause amnesia.
In Kingsmaker we had half elf and half orc, their cringe level was no different from Astarion. In Wotr we have Nienio, Ember, Camelia and Arushae
All of them are better than this shit. And if you are going to go into random NPC behavious, this thiefling chick is also worse than all those mentioned by what they shown us. I can only guess the level of cringe other BG3 companions attain.
To write something like that you must either be retarded or not play any of these games. We have an entire Pathfinder thread, and nothing currently in EA even comes close to that level of cringe.
Maybe with the exception of Astarion, in WoTR we have Nienio instead, which easily tops him.
If they are all similar to Thiefling girl than Nenio is not even half as bad.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Game let’s you pick a psychopath origin and kill every companion, to then build your own custom party of berserkers.

I don’t care how much optional cringe shit is there, if player can just kill whomever he doesn’t like (unlike cockfinder: wotr).
You are seriously calling WotR cockfinder while you seeming are happy to play this game? It is like a guy complaining his wife is being banged by a white neighbour while raising two black kids made to her by 2 other black neighbours..

Rhobar121

Scholar
I guess hate for bg3 cause amnesia.
In Kingsmaker we had half elf and half orc, their cringe level was no different from Astarion. In Wotr we have Nienio, Ember, Camelia and Arushae
All of them are better than this shit. And if you are going to go into random NPC behavious, this thiefling chick is also worse than all those mentioned by what they shown us. I can only guess the level of cringe other BG3 companions attain.
To write something like that you must either be retarded or not play any of these games. We have an entire Pathfinder thread, and nothing currently in EA even comes close to that level of cringe.
Maybe with the exception of Astarion, in WoTR we have Nienio instead, which easily tops him.
If they are all similar to Thiefling girl than Nenio is not even half as bad.
No, it's total crap, not a character. Not only is it a fully meme, she even has the least history of all the characters. Literally 99% of the game she doing some unfunny stand up.
In addition, her entire plot is locked behind one of the worst dungeons I've ever seen in games.

Gradenmayer

Learned

You are seriously calling WotR cockfinder while you seeming are happy to play this game? It is like a guy complaining his wife is being banged by a white neighbour while raising two black kids made to her by 2 other black neighbours..
In one you can kill degenerate npcs, in the other one you can’t. Not sure why you wrote out your cuck fantasy, but it keep it between you and your wife’s boyfriends.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom