Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Are you guys really so shallow, stop talking about the stupid bear sex, why does it bother you so much? Last 20+ pages are about the bear sex and nothing about mechanics, multiclassing, etc, etc.
To me the game looks so green, like it should be on EA two more years or something, other than that i think it will be quite an enjoyable experience.

Choose between the following options:

1. Discuss Larian's latest Critical Role RPG with enough money and streamer-pandering to finally break into the mainstream

2. Discuss their inclusion of druid-powered bestiality in marketing

Can we get a bear rating?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Are you guys really so shallow, stop talking about the stupid bear sex, why does it bother you so much? Last 20+ pages are about the bear sex and nothing about mechanics, multiclassing, etc, etc.
To me the game looks so green, like it should be on EA two more years or something, other than that i think it will be quite an enjoyable experience.
It is gay bear sex, if it was a nice looking girl druid that turned into a fox or a cat everyone would be cheering
You perverts!

Takamori

Learned

Choose between the following options:

1. Discuss Larian's latest Critical Role RPG with enough money and streamer-pandering to finally break into the mainstream

2. Discuss their inclusion of druid-powered bestiality in marketing

Can we get a bear rating?

rofXhwD.png

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
I genuinely haven't been following BG3 development too much because like Rogue Trader i know in all likelihood i'll get it at launch for better or worst so rather not spoil too much for myself... But august is around the corner and apparently latest news is on romance stuff again? Ok time to catch up...

*catches up and browses steam forum, always a bastion of non schizo takes and reasonable discussions*

You know what? I'm probably the target audience for this kinda thing. No not the furry sex or gay stuff but I liked and still like og bioware games and their romances.
Yes call me a sappy fool or w/e, but good romances can make a game more fun when done right and it's always optional.
But yeah if they have dedicated so much ressources and time to sex cutscenes and having all sorts of options when it comes to being on dates and dialogues with your paramour, then surely the romance in this game is going to blow my mind right? Let's see what lovely bunch of bacholerettes I will be courting!

A demon tiefling barbarian. Ok, fine this is the monster girl option and i guess some dudes like to get dommed, fair enough. Next!
A githyanki fighter. Oh another monster girl option? Good for those who are into that kinda thing, weak mage types will have some decent choice in strong monster girls to protect them. But not for my first pc methinks, next!
A priestess of sharr. Ah finally a normalish looking character, not exactly attractive but surely it's only going to get up from here! Oh wait, she wants to dom you and you have to be a foot stool to romance her? Wtf. Morrigan and Viconia were never this bad, hell arguing with them was half the fun. Ok c'mon next option will be the good one!
A drow. Even more into femdom and you have to act like her little doggy. I mean makes sense for a drow so no complaints here but wtf I'm starting to sense a trend. This can't be it right? I mean c'mon no way a game can devote this much ressource to romance and not give straight guys a few good options? Or hell ONE good option.

Ah there's still one more! Ok this is it. She is going to be THE romanceable character everyone remembers fondly, my body and soul are ready, give it to me Larian!

Jaheira.
:0-13:

ArchAngel

Arcane
I genuinely haven't been following BG3 development too much because like Rogue Trader i know in all likelihood i'll get it at launch for better or worst so rather not spoil too much for myself... But august is around the corner and apparently latest news is on romance stuff again? Ok time to catch up...

*catches up and browses steam forum, always a bastion of non schizo takes and reasonable discussions*

You know what? I'm probably the target audience for this kinda thing. No not the furry sex or gay stuff but I liked and still like og bioware games and their romances.
Yes call me a sappy fool or w/e, but good romances can make a game more fun when done right and it's always optional.
But yeah if they have dedicated so much ressources and time to sex cutscenes and having all sorts of options when it comes to being on dates and dialogues with your paramour, then surely the romance in this game is going to blow my mind right? Let's see what lovely bunch of bacholerettes I will be courting!

A demon tiefling barbarian. Ok, fine this is the monster girl option and i guess some dudes like to get dommed, fair enough. Next!
A githyanki fighter. Oh another monster girl option? Good for those who are into that kinda thing, weak mage types will have some decent choice in strong monster girls to protect them. But not for my first pc methinks, next!
A priestess of sharr. Ah finally a normalish looking character, not exactly attractive but surely it's only going to get up from here! Oh wait, she wants to dom you and you have to be a foot stool to romance her? Wtf. Morrigan and Viconia were never this bad, hell arguing with them was half the fun. Ok c'mon next option will be the good one!
A drow. Even more into femdom and you have to act like her little doggy. I mean makes sense for a drow so no complaints here but wtf I'm starting to sense a trend. This can't be it right? I mean c'mon no way a game can devote this much ressource to romance and not give straight guys a few good options? Or hell ONE good option.

Ah there's still one more! Ok this is it. She is going to be THE romanceable character everyone remembers fondly, my body and soul are ready, give it to me Larian!

Jaheira.
Granny Jaheira!! :D

Frozen

Arcane
I feel like all degenerates from closed BioWare forums have migrated to this thread>

Hear Ill bite (no pun intended)

It looks like shit. All characters look like freaks from pride parade, and it feels and plays just like another Original Sin game.

Sven is now a woke loser. Sold his soul to globohomo child fuckers.

I have no interest in playing another Original Sin. Fuck this company.

They turned into Bethesda where they are just recycling one same game in same engine and with same looks and feels over and over and over and over and...

Rhobar121

Scholar
I feel like all degenerates from closed BioWare forums have migrated to this thread>

Hear Ill bite (no pun intended)

It looks like shit. All characters look like freaks from pride parade, and it feels and plays just like another Original Sin game.

Sven is now a woke loser. Sold his soul to globohomo child fuckers.

I have no interest in playing another Original Sin. Fuck this company.

They turned into Bethesda where they are just recycling one same game in same engine and with same looks and feels over and over and over and over and...
It's funny because I don't remember DOS2 looking like this.
Okay, we can complain about the crappy rule implementation, mechanics, writing, etc.
However, calling the game another DoS is silly because, apart from crappy controls and environmental interactions, it doesn't look like it at all.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Okay, we can complain about the crappy rule implementation, mechanics, writing, etc.
However, calling the game another DoS is silly because, apart from crappy controls and environmental interactions, it doesn't look like it at all.

Art style, character design, color palette. Also animations, UI, and a hundred other small details that you'll notice.

Anybody who played a few hours of DOS2 will be able to tell that Larian made this game. Are they close to 1:1 or is that hyperbole? I dunno, haven't bought BG3 yet.

But I personally have such a strong dislike of DOS2 that I already know I'll have to fight through that if I buy this.

Rhobar121

Scholar

Jaheira.
To be fair, Shadowheart has been almost completely reworked during EA.
Previously she could be considered an attempt to copy Morigan and Viconia but now she's quite nice for the player as long as you don't go full murderhobo.

Elthosian

Arcane

Art style, character design, color palette. Also animations, UI, and a hundred other small details that you'll notice.

Anybody who played a few hours of DOS2 will be able to tell that Larian made this game. Are they close to 1:1 or is that hyperbole? I dunno, haven't bought BG3 yet.

But I personally have such a strong dislike of DOS2 that I already know I'll have to fight through that if I buy this.

Agreed, I tried both the EA and DOS2 some weeks ago, and it was pretty obvious that they were games made by the same studio. I'm fine with it, though, MOTB was still pretty enjoyable to me despite how much of a traumatizing experience it was to play NWN2. Overall, I don't think it would have made sense for them to put effort into making it a hugely distinct experience in terms of animations and environmental interactions... maybe the color palette, hm.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Hate it or love it, the reason why it's like DOS2, and why most mainstream RPG's have gone TB (or included TB), is simply because DOS2 sold ridiculously well. Wasn't it close to 5 million copies on Steam alone?

LizardWizard

Prophet
Edwin is a human, he's dead of old age.

(Minsc in BG3 isn't really Minsc, he's a reanimated Minsc statue)

Edwin is a Red Wizard of Thay in magical fantasy land full of retcons and plot devices/armors. Minsc is alive because of magic reasons.

Not exactly 'canon', but in Minsc and Boo's Journal of Villainy Edwin read some scroll, became immortal and is impersonating the wizard Lorroakan in Baldur's Gate.

The same wizard sends mercenaries in Act 1 to find a powerful magical artifact. Unlikely this is a coincidence.

Suicidal

Arcane
I haven't been following development of this game, so tell me this - this is still a proper RPG with lots of reactivity and fun gameplay at its core and not just deviantart furry sex simulator, right?

Tenebris

Scholar
I haven't been following development of this game, so tell me this - this is still a proper RPG with lots of reactivity and fun gameplay at its core and not just deviantart furry sex simulator, right?
It is yes. The whole focus on romance is very clearly a marketing tactic Larian is doing.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
RvqeVhTzrR5RKFcBFGCsFF-970-80.jpg.webp

this is on the front page of pcgamer about how "Baldur's Gate 3 is gonna eat Starfield's lunch when it comes to romances"

I'm going to uninstall all Larian games from my PC asap

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom