Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I do hope Larian keeps track of how many players killed all their "donut steal OC companions" as soon as possible.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I do hope Larian keeps track of how many players killed all their "donut steal OC companions" as soon as possible.
I bet it will be a marginal amount as practically always.

It will not be a lot, most people avoid killing irrelevant npcs, let alone companions.

Meanwhile codex:

1688848963220.png

Herumor

Scholar
Having rewatched the last PFH once again (which I really regret), I can't understand the writing process behind Karlach. How is she supposed to be someone who served in the Blood War? The romance scenes were really just off-putting, as if she was a teenage girl squealing at being asked by a boy for the first time.

I don't know, maybe I'm spoiled by my recent annual replaying of Planescape: Torment and NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer, but the party members from those games have yet to be matched in terms of quality writing and voice acting.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Game let’s you pick a psychopath origin and kill every companion, to then build your own custom party of berserkers.

I don’t care how much optional cringe shit is there, if player can just kill whomever he doesn’t like (unlike cockfinder: wotr).
You are seriously calling WotR cockfinder while you seeming are happy to play this game? It is like a guy complaining his wife is being banged by a white neighbour while raising two black kids made to her by 2 other black neighbours..
In one you can kill degenerate npcs, in the other one you can’t. Not sure why you wrote out your cuck fantasy, but it keep it between you and your wife’s boyfriends.
Not sure what you are on about. You can kill almost all of the companions with correct Paths. You can also get them killed and not bother raising them from the dead.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I guess hate for bg3 cause amnesia.
In Kingsmaker we had half elf and half orc, their cringe level was no different from Astarion. In Wotr we have Nienio, Ember, Camelia and Arushae
All of them are better than this shit. And if you are going to go into random NPC behavious, this thiefling chick is also worse than all those mentioned by what they shown us. I can only guess the level of cringe other BG3 companions attain.
To write something like that you must either be retarded or not play any of these games. We have an entire Pathfinder thread, and nothing currently in EA even comes close to that level of cringe.
Maybe with the exception of Astarion, in WoTR we have Nienio instead, which easily tops him.
If they are all similar to Thiefling girl than Nenio is not even half as bad.
No, it's total crap, not a character. Not only is it a fully meme, she even has the least history of all the characters. Literally 99% of the game she doing some unfunny stand up.
In addition, her entire plot is locked behind one of the worst dungeons I've ever seen in games.
I know who Nenio is , I was talking about Thiefling from the presentation, even that little I seen her dialogues and VO she is 2x worse than Nenio. At least Nenio is a joke character, this one is attempt at as real one which is much worse. And if other companions in BG3 are like this...

Rhobar121

Scholar
No, it's total crap, not a character. Not only is it a fully meme, she even has the least history of all the characters. Literally 99% of the game she doing some unfunny stand up.
In addition, her entire plot is locked behind one of the worst dungeons I've ever seen in games.
I know who Nenio is , I was talking about Thiefling from the presentation, even that little I seen her dialogues and VO she is 2x worse than Nenio. At least Nenio is a joke character, this one is attempt at as real one which is much worse. And if other companions in BG3 are like this...Karlach isn't even close to Nienio. This character is such a wasted place for a mage that it's a shame to talk about it.
Karlach isn't even close to Nienio. This character is such a wasted place for a mage that it's a shame to talk about it.

Rhobar121

Scholar
I bet it will be a marginal amount as practically always.

It will not be a lot, most people avoid killing irrelevant npcs, let alone companions.

Meanwhile codex:

View attachment 38485
Codex is probably the least representative group there can be. The fact that a few people decide to kill all the characters is no big deal. I wonder how many people actually do this. Most players don't like to get rid of content on the first playthrough.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Judging by the snippets regarding the Dark urge origin, this will be the first game that will give me liberty to apply Sharia law on the Sodomites from the get go. Thus the game is worth trying for this fact alone.

Barbarian

Arcane
I predict this will be as much of a hit here on the codex as bugmaker and troonfinder were.

Because let us face it, we are all starved for some pnp videogame fun and we won't mind ignoring the woke bullshit or annoying sodomite characters that are now considered inherent of the genre.

Barbarian

Arcane
Judging by the snippets regarding the Dark urge origin, this will be the first game that will give me liberty to apply Sharia law on the Sodomites from the get go. Thus the game is worth trying for this fact alone.

Also the only origin with some connection to the original games.

Nobody knows if the dark urge is actual bhaalspawn(would that even make sense now that Bhaal has been ressurected?) - but he is certainly related to the god of murder. The short trailer even has the bhaal skull which was the logo for tob. The goblin/gnome character also draws some bhaal symbol on the ground during the short scene shown.

Kem0sabe

Arcane

Nobody knows if the dark urge is actual bhaalspawn(would that even make sense now that Bhaal has been ressurected?) - but he is certainly related to the god of murder. The short trailer even has the bhaal skull which was the logo for tob. The goblin/gnome character also draws some bhaal symbol on the ground during the short scene shown.
The slayer is also shown in a frame during the presentation, probably the dark urge transforming into it

It's extremely interesting compared to the other origins, but most people who are going to try it will do so on second playthrough.

It's hilarious that there are already people complaining about the fact that dead bodies show up at the camp because you sleep walk and go serial killing during the night... "I want to play a good dark urge and save him, this isn't fair larian!!!"

Last edited:

Rhobar121

Scholar

From a similar (or the same) circle emerges the Slayer.

Takamori

Learned

The slayer is also shown in a frame during the presentation, probably the dark urge transforming into it

It's extremely interesting compared to the other origins, but most people who are going to try it will do so on second playthrough.

It's hilarious that there are already people complaining about the fact that dead bodies show up at the camp because you sleep walk and go serial killing during the night... "I want to play a good dark urge and save him, this isn't fair larian!!!"
Thats why its gonna be extra interesting for me doing a paladin run, how this shit will interact with the Oath, do the oath break because I'm a sleep walker schizo or due to opting into the actual depraved shit. Will the goblin fucker will acknowledge that I'm a paladin?
Will the voices start humping my brain even when in theory I smite the right guy?

Meanwhile the tadpole watching all this shit developing in your brain:

EdJLKw3XgAg_gya.jpg

Rhobar121

Scholar
I still remember lines of dialogue from the beginning of EA that potentially indicated that the custom character had some kind of bloodlust.
I bet that at some stage it was changed and eventually the idea evolved into The Dark Urge.

polo

Magister
Are you guys really so shallow, stop talking about the stupid bear sex, why does it bother you so much? Last 20+ pages are about the bear sex and nothing about mechanics, multiclassing, etc, etc.
To me the game looks so green, like it should be on EA two more years or something, other than that i think it will be quite an enjoyable experience.

Aphex81

Scholar
Are you guys really so shallow, stop talking about the stupid bear sex, why does it bother you so much? Last 20+ pages are about the bear sex and nothing about mechanics, multiclassing, etc, etc.
To me the game looks so green, like it should be on EA two more years or something, other than that i think it will be quite an enjoyable experience.
When i am presented with a plate of steak with green beans, popatoes, gravy and a big turd on top you expect me not to ask what the turd is all about? YES I USED A FOOD ANALOGY

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom