Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Takamori

Learned
FFS I'm not watching hours of spoilers just to see what the romances are like

Sum this shit up
Are you a weeb? If so prepare your anus for this sentence:
She is a genki tomboy with zero social experience, she straightforwards invites you to dinner acting all girlish and invite you for eventual sex.

Thats it,m now if god wants to smite for this post so be it.

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
Is itemization like in DOS ? Do you have to buy the last version on the market of your favourite legendary sword Narsil every 3 levels ?

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Are you guys really so shallow, stop talking about the stupid bear sex, why does it bother you so much? Last 20+ pages are about the bear sex and nothing about mechanics, multiclassing, etc, etc.
To me the game looks so green, like it should be on EA two more years or something, other than that i think it will be quite an enjoyable experience.

Choose between the following options:

1. Discuss Larian's latest Critical Role RPG with enough money and streamer-pandering to finally break into the mainstream

2. Discuss their inclusion of druid-powered bestiality in marketing

Can we get a bear rating?
Uhm dude I hate to brake it to you but larian is as mainstream as it gets...

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Anybody who ever played, romanced or even interacted with a druid in any game is at fault for this. Filthy shapeshifters, not even once.
BOIuTqz.png

Druids in Grimoire are properly evil.

Yosharian

Arcane

Sum this shit up
She is a genki tomboy with zero social experience, she straightforwards invites you to dinner acting all girlish and invite you for eventual sex.

Man you weren't kidding. Can I at least make Shadowheart get a haircut

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Are you guys really so shallow, stop talking about the stupid bear sex, why does it bother you so much? Last 20+ pages are about the bear sex and nothing about mechanics, multiclassing, etc, etc.
To me the game looks so green, like it should be on EA two more years or something, other than that i think it will be quite an enjoyable experience.

Choose between the following options:

1. Discuss Larian's latest Critical Role RPG with enough money and streamer-pandering to finally break into the mainstream

2. Discuss their inclusion of druid-powered bestiality in marketing

Can we get a bear rating?
Uhm dude I hate to brake it to you but larian is as mainstream as it gets...
Not for lack of effort. By mainstream I mean a cRPG that people actually talk about, are known outside of rpg circles, and can compare favorably in sales and word of mouth with the CODs, Ass Creeds, and Destinys of the world.

Clearly that is what Larian and Owlcat have been aiming for. And BioWare too, despite the fact that they are already AAA.

Personally I think it's great that a cRPG of any quality is getting this kind of attention. Codexers will generally bemoan the new influx of retards and zoomers to the hobby, but with any population growth, we will see more prestigious and monocled RPG enjoyers as well.

Takamori

Learned

Sum this shit up

Man you weren't kidding. Can I at least make Shadowheart get a haircut
Well I bet 50 bucks that someone will make a wide roster of mods with several hairstyles for your enjoyment right off the bat like week 1. Like these are the priority 1 for modders. Gameplay shit or stuff that requires you to sit your ass and do math this will take 1-2 years at least.

Darth Valer

Literate
I haven't been following development of this game, so tell me this - this is still a proper RPG with lots of reactivity and fun gameplay at its core and not just deviantart furry sex simulator, right?
In terms of production value x reactivity this is probably hands down the best cRPG ever made, and it likely offers more handcrafted #Permutations than any other.
It'll be kind of rough around the edges, and not every issue will be easily modded out, but it'll certainly be a relevant release in the history of the genre.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I do hope Larian keeps track of how many players killed all their "donut steal OC companions" as soon as possible.
I bet it will be a marginal amount as practically always.

I do hope Larian keeps track of how many players killed all their "donut steal OC companions" as soon as possible.
It will not be a lot, most people avoid killing irrelevant npcs, let alone companions.

Meanwhile codex:

View attachment 38485
you misspelled "fuck them all". nigga, it's codex. gay bears(in minecraft, of course) is just tuesday here.

Yosharian

Arcane
For real though it would be nice to have a traditionally attractive option

What the fuck were they thinking with the Gith chick, it's like fucking an octopus

jf8350143

Liturgist
I'm not familar with how american female acts, is it normal for them to bloat about the fact that they masturbate so hard they set a tent on fire during their first date, in public?

BruceVC

Magister
It is gay bear sex, if it was a nice looking girl druid that turned into a fox or a cat everyone would be cheering
You perverts!
But you guys do love drama and unpacking ostensible degrency in a game, its seems like some people prefer talking about these things more and raging about it than actually playing or talking about the game?

Its an optional sex scene and its one possible Romance arc out of many. You wont be forced to participate like with all Romance arcs. Its not a big deal and doesnt reflect all the positive components of BG3 :cool:

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Anyone got a timestamp for that cringe question that was asked which the head writer supposedly slapped down?
The question itself wasn't really cringe. She gave this little speech about how "everything is political" and then asked something unrelated ("What are the game's themes?"). It was odd.

Yosharian

Arcane
Anyone got a timestamp for that cringe question that was asked which the head writer supposedly slapped down?
The question itself wasn't really cringe. She gave this little speech about how "everything is political" and then asked something unrelated ("What are the game's themes?"). It was odd.
Well whatever, just want to hear it

Herumor

Scholar
I now realize why they changed Karlach's looks from this:
5T8f6hx.png

This one actually looks battle-scarred, like she's seen some shit in the Blood War. Can you imagine that face and that voice going all "squeeeee" on your date?

BruceVC

Magister
its one possible Romance arc out of many
Ok but like, for normal guys, there's.. one? And she has a bowl haircut?

Unless Jaheira turns out to be an absolute MILF and has developed an actual fun personality since BG2
Yes Im not that happy with the Romance options for straight men

And Jaheira is too sanctimonious for me to want to Romance but maybe she has changed? I have said this before but Romance is not a huge part of what I expect from party interaction, its maybe 10-15% of what I enjoy from my companions and participate in. I remember in DA:I I only liked Josephine and tried to Romance her but somehow failed

But I do agree its a pity we dont have more Viconia, Isabella or Morrigan Romance options. I will wait to see how its been implemented when I play BG3 but otherwise I will look to mods if I want to change this

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well whatever, just want to hear it

"I'm sorry in advance, it's a terrible question"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom