Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Cnaiur

Augur
Why do you even care about all of these romancing options? I thought the Codex would be above all of that juvenile shit. I have zero interest in exploring these possibilities, so all of this outrage because there's apparently no interesting spouse to be found should have zero influence on your game. Take a breath, go outside.

Even if the option does occur during your game, just reject. I've got a feeling most of you are intimately familiar with this concept, so it should come easy.

Saravan

Savant
Why do you even care about all of these romancing options? I thought the Codex would be above all of that juvenile shit. I have zero interest in exploring these possibilities, so all of this outrage because there's apparently no interesting spouse to be found should have zero influence on your game. Take a breath, go outside.

Even if the option does occur during your game, just reject. I've got a feeling most of you are intimately familiar with this concept, so it should come easy.
I agree don’t give a shit about romance but I want good options for human team with maybe one elf or w/e sprinkled on top like BG2.

Reinhardt

Arcane
see? that's what i was talking about. codex LIKES TO PRETEND to be some presigious place. in reality nothing can make codex retards more giddy and type pages upon pages of cringe than opportunity to worship demons and fuck bears. warhammer thread - "i want to be khaoz and fuck sister of battle!" bg3 thread - well, you all can see how it's going. "demon abomination iz not demon enough!"

Reinhardt

Arcane

I agree don’t give a shit about romance but I want good options for human team with maybe one elf or w/e sprinkled on top like BG2.
you misspelled "dwarf", nigger.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
see? that's what i was talking about. codex LIKES TO PRETEND to be some presigious place. in reality nothing can make codex retards more giddy and type pages upon pages of cringe than opportunity to worship demons and fuck bears. warhammer thread - "i want to be khaoz and fuck sister of battle!" bg3 thread - well, you all can see how it's going. "demon abomination iz not demon enough!"
Larian/Owlcat audience

Saravan

Savant

you misspelled "dwarf", nigger.
Main point is that non-human races only feel interesting when they are few, not compiled into some clown marvel team.

Cnaiur

Augur
Take a breath, go outside.
Dude, you're posting on the Codex. You gave up your right to lecture others on 'going outside' when you signed up and hit post reply
I once was lured by interesting discussions about combat mechanics and although they can still be found, I now have to wallow through insane amounts of crying about romance, sex and other fluff that people normally boast to 'don't care' about.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Dude, you're posting on the Codex. You gave up your right to lecture others on 'going outside' when you signed up and hit post reply
I once was lured by interesting discussions about combat mechanics and although they can still be found, I now have to wallow through insane amounts of crying about romance, sex and other fluff that people normally boast to 'don't care' about.
If you are looking at interesting combat mechanics you are in wrong topic, BG3 is not going to focus into combat.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Gee its looking grim. How can they make such an expensive AAA game and then make all the characters hot garbage? And what is the canon ending to BG2? Abdel is gonna be in the game?

They really take a big shit on the fans here. It will sell loads though just because of how polished it is and how good the character models look. Will normies play this 5e joke game?

It really reminds me of cyberpunk. Larian is doing something similar here.

I now realize why they changed Karlach's looks from this:
5T8f6hx.png

This one actually looks battle-scarred, like she's seen some shit in the Blood War. Can you imagine that face and that voice going all "squeeeee" on your date?
Imagine the early model

Baldurs-Gate-3-Hunt-the-Devil-sidequest-Karlach-Anders-.jpg
God she looked atrocious early design
It's not even a "design". This was just a placeholder random tiefling NPC. It didn't even match the description the quest giver gave of her ("only one horn, so big that she looks like she could rip you apart", etc, etc).

EDIT -Not sure why this Late Bloomer weirdo flagged the post as "fake news" when I'm not even stating an opinion but something factual.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
i dunno, it looks like solasta but ui and faces are NOT THAT ugly. so just play with custom party. doubt i will bother with npcs even first time.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Gee its looking grim. How can they make such an expensive AAA game and then make all the characters hot garbage? And what is the canon ending to BG2? Abdel is gonna be in the game?

They really take a big shit on the fans here. It will sell loads though just because of how polished it is and how good the character models look. Will normies play this 5e joke game?

BG1/2 fans aren't really the target audience

Cnaiur

Augur
If you are looking at interesting combat mechanics you are in wrong topic, BG3 is not going to focus into combat.
Tell me more about this game that I have already played myself - BG3s combat is excellent. Is it the best in the turn-based market? Of course not. Are it's mechanics interesting enough to offer an excellent game for lovers of combat? Most definitely, even more so once 1.0 ships with Tactician mode.

Shrimp

Liturgist
The presence or absence of RPG romances doesn't matter all that much to me since I often find them to feel too contrived or 'gamified' for me to take seriously, but for what it's worth I can at least approve that Larian wants (or at least claims to) BG3's romances and companion relationships to be more than just selecting the obvious flirt chat option as well as doing the NPC's respective quest to unlock the next scene.
Also ArchAngel is right - I'm not sure how good of a combatfag game BG3 will be. What sets Larian's games apart from their contemporary competitors is that they generally tend to be better at acknowledging your choices and offer you alternate ways of approaching whatever quest or problem you have in front of you. Atl east I know that's what I'm mostly looking forward to seeing since it seems they've placed a fairly large emphasis on branching paths etc.

Tyrr

Liturgist

BG1/2 fans aren't really the target audience
It's like with Disney and Star Wars & Indiana Jones.
Buying an old franchise and raping it for name recognition.

sosmoflux

Educated
At a glance none of those characters appeal to me, and I know they'll only get worse when they start talking in American nuspeak

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

Because they are wasting valuable time and resource on this shit, instead of good writing, quests and encounters?

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Leaning heavily towards starting out as a vengeance 2hander paladin, because fuck evil people and I'm a spiteful little revengeful faggot irl.. so idk.

Fighter seems bland and boring. what else is there?

Dont want to be a bowfag, magick wizurd is kind of eh.. i guess, but as a companion.
rogues are not for me either except lockpicking slaves

druids lol no same with monks

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Which people would those be? Shit infests even niche game threads with like 3 regular posters in them, been that way since gamergate

Reinhardt

Arcane

Because they are wasting valuable time and resource on this shit, instead of good writing, quests and encounters?
do you really believe codex would discuss "good writing, quests and encounters"? how many people played kotc2 here? now BEAR GHEY SEGGS is serious business.
if colony ship really wants any chance to get codex goty they should start working on romanceable bears right now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom