Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
I beat Da2 and ME:A on launch (pirated) I'll 100% be playing this game.

I have a feeling that they will have to update the classes quite a bit to make the game fun so the experience on launch will be different from the complete product. I looked at "war domain" cleric and it sucks big time extra attack is long rest? Garbage.

My prediction is that the game will end on a cliffhanger ending like Divinity 2 Ego Draconis (another Larian game) and the expansion will increase the level cap and add classes that aren't total dogshit maybe even some shiny legendary loot or interactions with the henchmen to emotionally blackmail people into getting it. Also by constantly releasing updates it is a form of DRM wherein it is much easier to purchase the product and get updates instantly instead of constantly looking for the new thing to pirate.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I certainly plan to first play Solasta before I even touch this game (pirated of course, as soon as I have seen degeneracy they put into the game I am never giving them a single $). Then I can properly compare it with something that has same mechanics.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
You've got BG1 and BG2 fans in here, that's why. Don't like it? Maybe Larian shouldn't have called their trash Baldur's Gate 3.
BG2 is one of my most favorite games ever, but I always reconciled that anything that came after BG3 would be a sequel in name only. All I care about now is that it's a good D&D game, because that's all we can care about.

BG1 and 2 were the Bhaalspawn saga. It's over, the story has been told, so a third chapter would've always been disconnected from those. Look at The Black Hound, even that would've strayed away from what we regarded as "Baldur's Gate".

Money has always, for all known history, been the ultimate and they don't even try to hide that fact in the gaming industry. So I hope you're very young, because complaining about a franchise name being re-used for marketing purposes is like trying to stop the flow of time. Get over it or be disappointed again, and again, just to turn into a bitter old man for something you never held power over in the first place.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
If we wanna be anal about naming conventions then BG2 should've not been called Baldur's Gate either.
The developers have always acknowledged that BG2 was a name chosen by marketing. I'm not sure about the exact name the developer preferred, but I think it was simply "Shadows of Amn".

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
I certainly plan to first play Solasta before I even touch this game (pirated of course, as soon as I have seen degeneracy they put into the game I am never giving them a single $). Then I can properly compare it with something that has same mechanics.

This is what I did. Solasta is a complete product as of now with a campaign and a high level campaign and a DLC mini campaign. The classes feel strong and simple to use but. Compared to the character models of BG3 Solasta has no chance to compare. There is a complete bundle for the game.

As for the faggotry in Solasta the only thing is during character creation they have a voice 3 which is a tranny voice for men and women but it is obviously a faggot male. Although you could argue this is to be inclusive it is really to be lazy and not actually make two extra voices. Also the hair and beards are total garbage compared to BG3.

Drakortha

Liturgist
Look at these Larian shills.

You sympathize with Larian. Why? Because you think they had to do this in order to make money? That's an excuse straight off of Reddit or Youtube comment section to give a free pass to SHIT work. Next you're going to tell me they couldn't do the game right because it would be too difficult, and would require crunch time and crunch culture is the boogieman.

They could make money making the BG3 I wanted but they chose not to. They chose to do DOS3, instead, and used their bigger budget to hire voice actors and animators to make those cringe as fuck cutscenes that are borderline unwatchable, but appeal to faggot zoomers for some reason.

Orud

Scholar
Patron

You sympathize with Larian. Why? Because you think they had to do this in order to make money? That's an excuse straight off of Reddit or Youtube comment section to give a free pass to SHIT work. Next you're going to tell me they couldn't do the game right because it would be too difficult, and would require crunch time and crunch culture is the boogieman.

They could make money making the BG3 I wanted but they chose not to. They chose to do DOS3, instead, and used their bigger budget to hire voice actors and animators to make those cringe as fuck cutscenes that are borderline unwatchable, but appeal to faggot zoomers for some reason.
297.png

Drakortha

Liturgist

297.png
And the faggot zoomer outs himself. Well done, faggot.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Gee its looking grim. How can they make such an expensive AAA game and then make all the characters hot garbage? And what is the canon ending to BG2? Abdel is gonna be in the game?

They really take a big shit on the fans here. It will sell loads though just because of how polished it is and how good the character models look. Will normies play this 5e joke game?

It really reminds me of cyberpunk. Larian is doing something similar here.
BG1/2 fans aren't really the target audience
It's like with Disney and Star Wars & Indiana Jones.
Buying an old franchise and raping it for name recognition.
Tasteful (turn-based) rape :mixedemotions:

Drakortha

Liturgist
And the faggot zoomer outs himself. Well done, faggot.
Not a zoomer, most likely even older than you.
You don't have to be under the age of 20 to be a zoomer, you know. You just have to think like one. Same reason a homosexual and a faggot are 2 distinctly different entities. A homosexual is just that, but only in the bedroom behind closed doors.

Tim Cain is a FAGGOT, because he puts videos out on social media telling everyone he is gay while waving a rainbow flag.

If you defend what Larian is doing, you're both. And that's a sad fact, isn't it? You cocksucking gaylord.

Last edited:

Orud

Scholar
Patron
You don't have to be under the age of 20 to be a zoomer, you know. You just have to think like one.

Same reason a homosexual and a faggot are 2 distinctly different entities.

A homosexual is just that, but only in the bedroom behind closed doors.

Tim Cain is a FAGGOT, because he puts videos out on social media telling everyone he is gay while waving a rainbow flag.

If you defend what Larian is doing, you're both. And that's a sad fact, isn't it? You cocksucking gaylord.
I'll state it again, since you clearly missed it the first time, what good is complaining about something that you know you can't change anyway? I think you're an idiot for even trying, although youthful stupidity can explain it.

Drakortha

Liturgist
You don't have to be under the age of 20 to be a zoomer, you know. You just have to think like one.

Same reason a homosexual and a faggot are 2 distinctly different entities.

A homosexual is just that, but only in the bedroom behind closed doors.

I'll state it again, since you clearly missed it the first time, what good is complaining about something that you know you can't change anyway? I think you're an idiot for even trying, although youthful stupidity can explain it.
I'm going to talk about it because it's my opinion. Don't like it? Fuck off to reddit or some other place where no negativity is tolerated. I'm getting tired of faggots like you on the Codex who want to play hallway moderator.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
I know what kind of games I want to play and this isn't it. Fuck off queer.
And companies want to make money, always have. If you don't make money, the company disappears. Just look at the corpses in the industry of the past 20 years alone.

DOS2 made hands over first money, you can simply Google to find out that it sold across all platforms just South of 10 million copies. Feel free to go and tell RPG developers not to chase that tail.
I'm going to talk about it because it's my opinion. Don't like it? Fuck off to reddit or some other place where no negativity is tolerated. I'm getting tired of faggots like you on the Codex who want to play hallway moderator.
I'm not saying I don't like it, I'm saying it's futile and stupid. You're the one that said numerous times, even in the 2nd sentence that I quote here, that you don't like our opinion. Maybe you should take your own advise?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom