Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Hobo Elf

Arcane
They could make money making the BG3 I wanted but they chose not to.
Jesus fucking Christ. Get a grip.
I know what kind of games I want to play and this isn't it. Fuck off queer.
No, I don't think you do. If you did then you'd be talking about them in their respective threads. Instead you're here suffering from some kind of psychotic breakdown. Obsessing over things you obviously don't like is not healthy.

Drakortha

Liturgist
No, I don't think you do. If you did then you'd be talking about them in their respective threads. Instead you're here suffering some kind of psychotic breakdown. Obsessing over things you obviously don't like is not healthy.
I do know what I want. I was looking forward to Baldur's Gate 3 up until the very first gameplay reveal, where it was unveiled as just another DOS game. I've wanted a true sequel to Baldur's Gate forever, but I wanted a different game than what Larian is doing. All I could do was shake my head and think "here we go again with this same shit again" while Swen blew up explosive barrels and watched to see if I was getting excited. No, I was getting livid watching that shit unfold in front of my eyes.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
No, I don't think you do. If you did then you'd be talking about them in their respective threads. Instead you're here suffering some kind of psychotic breakdown. Obsessing over things you obviously don't like is not healthy.
I do know what I want. I was looking forward to Baldur's Gate 3 up until the very first gameplay reveal, where it was unveiled as just another DOS game. I've wanted a true sequel to Baldur's Gate forever. I wanted a different game than what Larian is doing. All I could do was shake my head and think "here we go again with this same shit again" while Swen blew up explosive barrels and watched to see if I was getting excited. No, I was livid watching that shit unfold in front of my eyes.
This is Larian. Even before the Original Sin games they generated threads such as "Divine Divinity is the best shit game I have ever played". They've never been a high tier developer and expecting much from them is an exercise in futility. They can't even implement a day/night cycle ffs. Regardless, this is no reason to spend any more of your own free time fretting over it. As you yourself said, it's not the game for you. Complaining about it won't change that, ever. Try and find the game that is and then discuss it. You'll do more to help yourself by bringing awareness to the games you like. Konjad made a nice post today that really hits the nail on the problem many people on this site have. And I don't mean to dab on you, but doing a very quick glance at your posting history shows you only posting endlessly about games you hate. Why? What are you trying to achieve? Certainly not trying to find something enjoyable to play, that much is evident.

Drakortha

Liturgist
This is Larian. Even before the Original Sin games they generated threads such as "Divine Divinity is the best shit game I have ever played". They've never been a high tier developer and expecting much from them is an exercise in futility. They can't even implement a day/night cycle ffs. Regardless, this is no reason to spend any more of your own free time fretting over it. As you yourself said, it's not the game for you. Complaining about it won't change that, ever. Try and find the game that is and then discuss it. You'll do more to help yourself by bringing awareness to the games you like. Konjad made a nice post today that really hits the nail on the problem many people on this site have. And I don't mean to dab on you, but doing a very quick glance at your posting history shows you only posting endlessly about games you hate. Why? What are you trying to achieve? Certainly not trying to find something enjoyable to play, that much is evident.
Well according to the fanboys of the various games I shit on I'm just an old man living in the past shouting at clouds.

If seeing everything I once cared about get turned into shit means I'm getting old and cynical, then I guess that's a correct assumption. But I'm not wrong either, am I? Stop shooting the messenger.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I do know what I want. I was looking forward to Baldur's Gate 3 up until the very first gameplay reveal, where it was unveiled as just another DOS game. I've wanted a true sequel to Baldur's Gate forever, but I wanted a different game than what Larian is doing. All I could do was shake my head and think "here we go again with this same shit again" while Swen blew up explosive barrels and watched to see if I was getting excited. No, I was getting livid watching that shit unfold in front of my eyes.
I understand you frustration and rage. But the sad reality is that games like the original BG games aren't financially responsible to make anymore and frankly the Codex is a perfect example of why.

Take Pillars of Eternity; Was it flawed? Yes. Was it terrible? No. But you'll see it being dragged over the coals here in the Codex.
Another example is Solasta:
  • Does it have ugly character models? Yes.
  • Does the game have a large campaign with in-depth systems? Yes.
  • Is it a real Indie studio working on a shoe string budget? Yes.
  • Did they include the option to select 'other' as your gender and allow any voice for any gender, because it takes no time to implement but generates a lot of good free marketing? Yes.
But again, you see it being dragged over the coals in this very thread just a page or two ago. With people shitting on this game also boasting that they aren't giving Solasta a dime by pirating it.

I've purchased both and I like both enough to accept there's good in the bad. I purchase many Indie Studio RPG's if I see them pop up simply to support them, even if it's not my type of game. But plenty of people here would rather scorn a game for one feature they don't like, despite liking everything else, and not give them a single dime. And that's why we're at where we are. People need to understand that being too damn critical with your wallet's vote also has consequences. You reap what you sow.

Last edited:

Crichton

Prophet
Maybe you should take your own advise?
No, because I'm fucking angry and I'm not going to "take my own advice" and go kick rocks, because that doesn't help. Not unless those rocks look like Swens ugly face.
I was planning on playing with a party of four custom dwarves for the first playthrough, as is my habit. But after reading all this edgy shit, I'm increasingly tempted by:

-Custom shape shifting bear/druid Chad
-Jaheira
-Shadowheart
-the new Drow elf slag

Drakortha

Liturgist
I understand you frustration and rage. But the sad reality is that games like the original BG games aren't financially responsible to make anymore and frankly the Codex is a perfect example of why.

Take Pillars of Eternity; Was it flawed? Yes. Was it terrible? No. But you'll see it being dragged over the coals here in the Codex.
Another example is Solasta:
  • Does it have ugly character models? Yes.
  • Does the game have a large campaign with indepth system? Yes.
  • Is it a real Indie studio working on a shoe string budget? Yes.
  • Did they include the option to select 'other' as your gender and select any voice for any gender because it takes no time to implement but generates a lot of good free marketing? Yes.
But again, you see it being dragged over the coals in this very thread just a page or two ago. With people shitting on this game also boasting that they aren't giving Solasta a dime by pirating it.

I've purchased both and I like both enough to accept there's good in the bad. I purchase many Indie Studio RPG's if I see them pop up simply to support them, even if it's not my type of game. But plenty of people here would rather scorn a game for one feature they don't like, despite liking everything else, and not give them a single dime. And that's why we're at where we are. People need to understand that being too damn critical with your wallet's vote also has consequences. You reap what you sow.
I never once dragged Pillars over the coals. What did POE do to me to deserve that? It had the decency to try to do it's own thing, whether it's good or bad is inoffensive to me. But if it shit the bed while calling itself Baldur's Gate 3, I'm going to have a few choice words to say about it.

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
do you really believe codex would discuss "good writing, quests and encounters"? how many people played kotc2 here? now BEAR GHEY SEGGS is serious business.
if colony ship really wants any chance to get codex goty they should start working on romanceable bears right now.
Another buck broken by the BBC (big bear cock)View attachment 38495
Even worse, BBC will probably gain a permanent stay on the dex as a button.

Last edited:

copebot

Learned
Divos1/2 are garbage, BG1 is a really good game and BG2 is decent.

I like that they chose a more serious tone over bg1/2 druid sex aside, I hope the game doesn't go too Larian with its humor in general.
Expect 160 hours of shitty Belgian writing performed by voice actors, minimally animated, leavened by various choices that you can make that generally do nothing. So, like watching 80 Belgian movies dubbed, back-to-back, all with the same theme. Then, expect maybe 100 hours of pretty good turn based combat that has been done by others already before with some weird house modifications.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
I once was lured by interesting discussions about combat mechanics and although they can still be found, I now have to wallow through insane amounts of crying about romance, sex and other fluff that people normally boast to 'don't care' about.

You can't be serious. This is not a combat simulator. Go play Age of Fear / Low Magic Age / Knights of the Chalice 1/2 / Colony Ship if you want that. Baldur's Gate is about the entire experience. Yes, combat is a part of that, but so is the adventure, the characters, the world, the choices you make. This time though, you have to party with a degenerate zoo. A bear that wants to fuck you, a valley girl tiefling, an angry pathetic black dude, a gay elf vampire who likes getting his ass pounded by whatever, a high elf dom, a wizard whos spells fizzle out and needs you to stroke his dick so his spells work, a strong orc female who wants to peg you. If you are spending 60 dollars to play the combat, then you are a bigger part of the problem than the people complaining. At least some of the complainers aren't going to give these degenerates money. Disgusting.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
WUT THE HELL IS GOING ON!?!

Bear fukking?

Why are the females so ugly overall?

Still no dwarf companions? Pure bullshit. This also means no dwarf romances.

This means I wont use any of their npcs. How do you have so many useless npcs?

So.. you can decide the shape/size of your genitals? Can you increase breast size? I doubt they have the BALLZ for that. Because female characters can't have 'big, juicy tits' because that's 'unrlaistic' but sex with actual monsters is a-ok. LMAO

Why would a tiefling be sexually attracted to a fukkin' lizard? LMAO Also, those tatoos are retartet.

Still.. only 4 character party? LAME

Still... DOS3 will likely be PASSABLE gameplay wise... just got to ignore the crappy wrfiting, characters, overrated graphics, the lack of dwarves and ugly females. LMAO

Will have toc reate a part of one big dicked male dwarf and 3 as hot as possible big ittle female dwarf harlots. IS THAT EVEN ALLOWED? Or os it forbidden because females cna only be ugly monsters?

Steezus

Savant
Patron
WUT THE HELL IS GOING ON!?!

Bear fukking?

Why are the females so ugly overall?

Still no dwarf companions? Pure bullshit. This also means no dwarf romances.

This means I wont use any of their npcs. How do you have so many useless npcs?

So.. you can decide the shape/size of your genitals? Can you increase breast size? I doubt they have the BALLZ for that. Because female characters can't have 'big, juicy tits' because that's 'unrlaistic' but sex with actual monsters is a-ok. LMAO

Why would a tiefling be sexually attracted to a fukkin' lizard? LMAO Also, those tatoos are retartet.

Still.. only 4 character party? LAME

Still... DOS3 will likely be PASSABLE gameplay wise... just got to ignore the crappy wrfiting, characters, overrated graphics, the lack of dwarves and ugly females. LMAO

Will have toc reate a part of one big dicked male dwarf and 3 as hot as possible big ittle female dwarf harlots. IS THAT EVEN ALLOWED? Or os it forbidden because females cna only be ugly monsters?

Hey man, you know you can just create a female dwarf with a beard and let your companions run a train on her.

Silverfish

Arbiter
Next you're going to tell me they couldn't do the game right because it would be too difficult, and would require crunch time and crunch culture is the boogieman.

Crunch is a barbaric practice that needlessly grinds people down and it's for that reason that I want game devs subjected to it.

They could make money making the BG3 I wanted but they chose not to. They chose to do DOS3
It is time to move on to the acceptance phase, because Baldur's Gate as we knew it is dead and it isn't coming back. It is now a movie game with gay bear bestiality, a bunch of other weird cringy shit and some turn-based combat on the side.

On a side not, I do honestly think Larian would be swimming in Diablo bucks right now, if they'd concentrated on gameplay with real-time combat, a solid single player campaign and a fun multiplayer mode, but they went down this path instead. Their loss, I guess... or maybe their win? We shall see how well Bear Sex Simulator 3 actually sells.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
Damn degenerates with their fetishes about short people. You're no better than the people who liked the bear.

This thread only bolsters the argument that Codex is a gaggle of closeted homosexuals and in addition probably a bunch of devious shit like bestiality and grooming enjoyers (looking at dwarf guy over there), too. :lol:

Rhobar121

Scholar
They could make money making the BG3 I wanted but they chose not to. They chose to do DOS3
It is time to move on to the acceptance phase, because Baldur's Gate as we knew it is dead and it isn't coming back. It is now a movie game with gay bear bestiality, a bunch of other weird cringy shit and some turn-based combat on the side.

On a side not, I do honestly think Larian would be swimming in Diablo bucks right now, if they'd concentrated on gameplay with real-time combat, a solid single player campaign and a fun multiplayer mode, but they went down this path instead. Their loss, I guess... or maybe their win? We shall see how well Bear Sex Simulator 3 actually sells.
Probably would sell as well as other rtwp games (poorly)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom