Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Is just an idiotic scene where a druid turns in to a bear to have sex with Astarion. The cam pans out and a squirrel drops an acorn in shock. Come on guys is a bad joke but is still meant as a joke.

You are making such a fuss over it lol.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

You're right. Let's move on, no more talking about the bear. Let's talk about how shit BG3 is as a sequel to BG1/BG2, and how Swen looks like a goatfucker.
How shit it can be that has way more content than the old games? Skills checks, Stat checks, Dynamism in quest resolution with branching results. I mean the game has a lot to offer you must be blind if you don't see it.

Drakortha

Liturgist
You're right. Let's move on, no more talking about the bear. Let's talk about how shit BG3 is as a sequel to BG1/BG2, and how Swen looks like a goatfucker.
How shit it can be that has way more content than the old games? Skills checks, Stat checks, Dynamism in quest resolution with branching results. I mean the game has a lot to offer you must be blind if you don't see it.
Quantity is not indicative of quality.

Starfield is going to have 1000 explorable planets. Only retards get excited about a prospect like that.

BG3 can have as many checks as it wants but if the writing is shit and the characters insufferable and the cutscenes are painful to watch, what's the point?

I should also add that the actual explorable world looks pretty fucking bland and repetitive. Bad color scheme and copy paste assets from DOS2 everywhere you look. You can tell they tried to hide it by altering some of the shaders and lighting but it's the exact same shit we've seen before.

Last edited:

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Starfield is going to have 1000 explorable planets. Only retards get excited about a prospect like that.

BG3 can have as many checks as it wants, but if the writing is shit and the characters insufferable, and the cutscenes are painful to watch, what's the point?

I also should add that the actual explorable world looks pretty fucking bland repetitive. Bad color scheme and copy paste assets from DOS2 everywhere you look. You can tell they tried to hide it by altering some of the shaders and lighting but it's the exact same shit we've seen before.
That is largery inaccurate considering that the graphic style from DOS2 to BG3 are totally different. DOS2 is cartoonish BG3 is not. Have you played the EA?

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Is just an idiotic scene where a druid turns in to a bear to have sex with Astarion. The cam pans out and a squirrel drops an acorn in shock. Come on guys is a bad joke but is still meant as a joke.

It's symptomatic of problems in the writing.

What about the scene in the Karlach romance where (z)he asks for a "date" and the player has a dialog option about preparing his orifices?

What about this silly 3 villain (and probably a 4th hidden villain) story structure where they've thoroughly spoiled the 3 villains as part of their PR?

I get what you're saying, but this is a really weird thing and doesn't look good given a year filled with negative developments like tranny pronouns and the above.

Drakortha

Liturgist

BG3 can have as many checks as it wants, but if the writing is shit and the characters insufferable, and the cutscenes are painful to watch, what's the point?

I also should add that the actual explorable world looks pretty fucking bland repetitive. Bad color scheme and copy paste assets from DOS2 everywhere you look. You can tell they tried to hide it by altering some of the shaders and lighting but it's the exact same shit we've seen before.
That is largery inaccurate considering that the graphic style from DOS2 to BG3 are totally different. DOS2 is cartoonish BG3 is not. Have you played the EA?
The graphics are identical. No I didn't play the EA but I have been following this game and it looks exactly the same only they altered shaders, lighting, and post processing effects. Same perpetual sunny days on the beach as well with those hideous crumbling stone ruins everywhere.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
The graphics are identical.
6UV0NOW.jpg

iHg5NEu.png

:kingcomrade:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Baldur’s Gate 3 leaps up Steam charts after bear sex reveal​

https://www.pcgamesn.com/baldurs-gate-3/bear
The Baldur’s Gate 3 bear scene has immediately become one of the best examples of why I choose to spend my life writing about videogames. It’s romantic, it’s imaginative, it’s funny – following its reveal at the Larian Panel from Hell showcase, frankly, the Baldur’s Gate 3 release date cannot get here soon enough.
:prosper:

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

The graphics are identical. No I didn't play the EA but I have been following this game and it looks exactly the same only they altered shaders, lighting, and post processing effects. Same perpetual sunny days on the beach as well with those hideous crumbling stone ruins everywhere.
I think you need a pair of glasses and coming from me...

Drakortha

Liturgist
Well done on that comparison using a picture from gameplay and compared it to a cutscene. Real conclusive.

Tell me what's the difference between these pictures, other than the shaders and post processing effects used to hide the re-used assets?

And FUCK YOU for making me waste my time in paint doing this shit. You dumb consumer CUNTS! I'm sick and tired of you vermin.

qKGIQQT.png

ArchAngel

Arcane
I think the biggest problem that people had with the gay bear sex scene was the gaming jurnoscum trying to pass this off as "tender" and normal. If this game came out in 2011 and Larian showed that scene you would have had gaming mags and sites saying things like the scene is "silly", "weird", "outrageous", "naughty", "kinky", "over the top", with the articles also being filled with bear pun jokes and at the end of the articles them saying; "Larian, you saucy boys and gals you."
Instead you see wording from the likes of Kotaku and Polygon saying the scene was "tender", 'beautiful", "sweet", "validating" as well as them trying to justify degenerate sexualities like bestiality and polyamory as something normal in articles about a CRPG video game. I always knew jounroscum were vile, I just didn't need to know what turned them on.
Exactly. You see it's a gag. The game is made for adults. But because of the way the media reacts to it, and the way the propaganda routine settles in the news cycle, as a normal person you viscerally reject it. Categorize it as bestiality. Find yourself repulsed. Call out that Larian is degenerate.

But 20 years ago, when the propaganda machine wasn't there, a man alone in a hotel with a sheep in his room was funny.

Why?

Because back then the propaganda machine didn't work. Because society didn't glorify degeneracy, sin and weakness.

So in the end, what will end up happening is that we're going to start hiding our hobby, once again. This time, not because our peers make fun of us and ridicule us for it, but because we just don't want to be associated with this degeneracy/ these degenerates.

:negative:
It was sad funny, and you knew world around you agrees with you.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Well done on that comparison using a picture from gameplay and compared it to a cutscene.

Tell me what's the difference between these pictures, other than the shaders and post processing effects used to hide the re-used assets?

And FUCK YOU for making me waste my time in paint doing this shit. You dumb consumer CUNTS! I'm sick and tired of you vermin.

qKGIQQT.png
What resolution is that second screenshot? lol

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

The only thing remotely similiar there is the column because is arched in a gothic style. Textures are completely different tiles vs plain stone. You are trying too hard.

Kiste

Augur
Oh noes, beaches look like beaches and castle ruins look like castle ruins. It's totally identical, guys!

Could you maybe point me PRECISELY at the re-used assets in the screenshots you posted?

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Wow, you're right: they're BOTH beaches.

Good job noticing this. Shame on Larian for thinking they could get away with it!
the shaders and post processing effects used to hide the re-used assets?
Show me a few objects that are the same shape and hidden with shaders.

:hmmm:

Copy paste level designs for cities.

I bet you clowns can't wait to explore the city of Baldur's Gate when the layouts are copy pasted from DOS2.

VcmnNZ0.png
How is this the same layout?

Both have completely different looking sets of stairs. Both have completely different looking pillars. That's about the only similarity I see.

Are we supposed to be shocked that Baldur's Gate is a medieval city on a coast? Larian didn't exactly come up with that...

Drakortha

Liturgist
It's the same fucking design.

you Larian fanboys just can't accept any form of criticism for this game, it's pathetic.

You're right, BG3 is a wholly original experience. It didn't iterate itself from what worked for them in Original Sin. There are no similarities at all, they are completely different experiences. Like comparing an RPG to a RTS game. You can go back to talking about the bear now and how that will single handedly make this GOTY because

player choice™​

Imbeciles.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

It's the same fucking design.

you Larian fanboys just can't accept any form of criticism for this game, it's pathetic.

You're right, BG3 is a wholly original experience. It didn't iterate itself from what worked for them in Original Sin. There are no similarities at all, they are completely different experiences. Like comparing an RPG to a RTS game. You can go back to talking about the bear now and how that will single handedly make this GOTY because

player choice™​

Imbeciles.
Look with all the valid criticism the game could have even from EA i don't know like:
Micheal bay like chaotic start?
Companions way too special?

You go to pick something that is unlikely a game that has a cartoonish game compared with a game that is done with a different more realistic style and you say they look the same.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom