Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
People take Edwin-Edwina forgetting gender changing belt could be found everywhere. You find one actually in your foster father corpse.

No you don’t, that’s a belt of resistance against some specific kind of damage, cold I think. The cursed (not ~magic~, notice)girdle was carried by the Ogre who stole the belt from the gnome at the Friendly Arm Inn. That’s the only one in the game.

So that’s all bullshit.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

People take Edwin-Edwina forgetting gender changing belt could be found everywhere. You find one actually in your foster father corpse.

No you don’t, that’s a belt of resistance against some specific kind of damage, cold I think. The cursed (not ~magic~, notice)girdle was carried by the Ogre who stole the belt from the gnome at the Friendly Arm Inn. That’s the only one in the game.

So that’s all bullshit.
I had 3 in my playtrough.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Strange how these guys aren't bitching in the 'Baldur's Gate series' thread until this day about how Edwin becomes Edwina. Guess they're OK with trannies?
If transgenderism merely involved donning a belt, I'd be perfectly fine with it. Hey, it might even be fun to "experiment" with it once in a while. But in reality, it doesn't just involve magic belts, now does it?

So yes, I can be OK with Edwina while being critical of a character creator with free-floating voice/bodytype/pronouns.
That sadly is what WOTC impose. Nothing can be done about that. Is not even on Larian.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Let's all be real here. The bear is an excuse people are still mad is not real time with pause.
For some, maybe. But for me, I find it stupid and bad writing.

The bear scene felt like it was written by GPT-3. Where did the player pick up a bear fetish exactly? Where did the druid get the idea that sticking his literal bone up someone's ass while in bear form would be a great idea?

I remember when I first played the game and did the Jeheira romance (default romance lol), there was that once scene where you could get a locket with your two likenesses in it from a seller in the market. That, to me, is more in line with what I expect from a romance dialog in a fantasy game. Simple, a bit understated, and it makes you feel like you're part of the game world.

No references to dating, no stupid sex jokes about "orifices", no gay bear sex.

I would even say that Anomen's romance was superior. I never expected that such a douchebag of a character would have a corruption romance of sorts. Your female character can transform him from a proud, noble knight, arrogant in both his righteousness and ability, and into a pessimistic shell of a man, capable of even murder. (Just like a woman can do to a man in real life.) :M

The only thing that was negative about the Anomen romance is that your female character can't continue the romance with the far more likeable version of Anomen after he's done being butthurt over not becoming a knight, but in a way, I give the developer credit for committing to a bad end. (Even though it was probably a budgetary decision.)

I kind of hoped to see a similar sort of romance with Shadowheart, but all this lame news about the game this past year makes me doubt it will be very interesting.

Saravan

Savant
Strange how these guys aren't bitching in the 'Baldur's Gate series' thread until this day about how Edwin becomes Edwina. Guess they're OK with trannies?
If transgenderism merely involved donning a belt, I'd be perfectly fine with it. Hey, it might even be fun to "experiment" with it once in a while. But in reality, it doesn't just involve magic belts, now does it?

So yes, I can be OK with Edwina while being critical of a character creator with free-floating voice/bodytype/pronouns.
That sadly is what WOTC impose. Nothing can be done about that. Is not even on Larian.
Again, some mighty fine WotR hypocrisy parallels can be drawn here. The tranny & homo shit was acceptable because it was Paizo 'and there was nothing poor Owlcat could have done'. This line was really popular too.

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
I had 3 in my playtrough.

I once had a bug that duplicated it, but there is only one drop in the game, that’s a fact (and it isn’t on Gorion). By the way, the cursed belt had the following description:

The cursed Girdle of Femininity and Masculinity, a rare yet oft-discussed magical item, is wrought with a most powerful magic. Anyone unfortunate enough to secure it around their waist instantly finds their gender to be transformed. It is said that not fifty years past, a nameless court jester was beheaded for presenting the girdle as a gift to Duke Lobelahn's lover.

jf8350143

Liturgist

That was a funny joke though and he hated it the whole time also gave him an ending slide if you didn't fix it. The tranny in WoTR pays for a potion, when really in a world with magic couldn't a cleric just cast heal on you and then you don't want to be a tranny anymore? Having people seriously be a troon or fag is really nonsensical when there is magic that can cure mental afflictions.
I would argue using a magic potion to change your gender completely is a cure. In real life changer your gender requires surgery and constanly consuming bunch of drugs, it's not something natural and it causes all kinds of trouble, both mentaly and physically. Magic won't have to deal with all those shit.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Again, some mighty fine WotR hypocrisy parallels can be drawn here. The tranny & homo shit was acceptable because it was Paizo 'and there was nothing poor Owlcat could have done'. This line was really popular too.
No listen have you followed WOTC lately? They attempted to claim third party content and campaigns content rights by force. Many left D&D beyond as result. Not only that but if you take the Volo guide they basically retconned a bounch of Lore to be more politically correct. They did stuff like adding in the setting the first Wheelchair accessible dungeon.

They also went in to a rant rencently how half races are a racist concept. So yes that is Wotc for you this days. Sadly this companies impose standardt when people get a license.

See Solasta for example done with 5th as a base they added pronoums and stuff. Ask yourself why.

Saravan

Savant
No listen have you followed WOTC lately? They attempted to claim third party content and campaigns content rights by force. Many left D&D beyond as result. Not only that but if you take the Volo guide they basically retconned a bounch of Lore to be more politically correct. They did stuff like adding in the setting the first Wheelchair accessible dungeon.

They also went in to a rant rencently how half races are a racist concept. So yes that is Wotc for you this days. Sadly this companies impose standardt when people get a license.

See Solasta for example done with 5th as a base.
Yes I'm aware of these things, unfortunately. Probably my last campaign is the one I'm doing now with my group. It's over for D&D.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

See Solasta for example done with 5th as a base.
Yes I'm aware of these things, unfortunately. Probably my last campaign is the one I'm doing now with my group. It's over for D&D.
And even if Paizo is clearly woke. And yes Paizo is indeed woke. Wizard of the coast went batshit insane in a dictatorial manner about it.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Tbh all this scandal about the bear scene happened because we are in 2023 and people cannot laugh anymore games had wicked shit long before bg3
Remember Vendetta?
Side scroller fighting game?
In a level you could get humped by homos.
In another you could get humped by dogs.
Of courae at the time there was not this need to make everything political so people just laughted at it.

Lol, I really liked this game back when I was watching other people play at the arcade, I usually didn't have money, and I was too little to play anyway.
From the comments it seems that the gays were censored in the US version.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
I am a strictly cishet tentacle but I am also open-minded enough to recognize that even bears may want cawk. Who am I to deny it to them? As long as it is strictly consensual and there is no major mauling involved, I can be tolerant about this degeneracy. Just don't let the cubs watch.

Just don't let the cubs watch? You are a zoophiliac who has standards now? Yeah right. Watcha gonna do next, go hassle the jrpg fans while you are furiously masterbating to a bear fucking your character?

am far more triggered by the "anything goes" trans shit character creator because it represents a real existing problem that is, at least partly, spread through social contagion and media normalization. So maybe screech more about that?

Please go bitch at the trannies while I jerk of to bestiality says the dick. No way is Larian trying to normalize this! Its just a game! You wouldn't be singing this song if the codex was more accepting or trannies, now would you? Disgusting. This is media normalization you absolute retard.

BruceVC

Magister
Let's all be real here. The bear is an excuse people are still mad is not real time with pause.
For some, maybe. But for me, I find it stupid and bad writing.

The bear scene felt like it was written by GPT-3. Where did the player pick up a bear fetish exactly? Where did the druid get the idea that sticking his literal bone up someone's ass while in bear form would be a great idea?

I remember when I first played the game and did the Jeheira romance (default romance lol), there was that once scene where you could get a locket with your two likenesses in it from a seller in the market. That, to me, is more in line with what I expect from a romance dialog in a fantasy game. Simple, a bit understated, and it makes you feel like you're part of the game world.

No references to dating, no stupid sex jokes about "orifices", no gay bear sex.

I would even say that Anomen's romance was superior. I never expected that such a douchebag of a character would have a corruption romance of sorts. Your female character can transform him from a proud, noble knight, arrogant in both his righteousness and ability, and into a pessimistic shell of a man, capable of even murder. (Just like a woman can do to a man in real life.) :M

The only thing that was negative about the Anomen romance is that your female character can't continue the romance with the far more likeable version of Anomen after he's done being butthurt over not becoming a knight, but in a way, I give the developer credit for committing to a bad end. (Even though it was probably a budgetary decision.)

I kind of hoped to see a similar sort of romance with Shadowheart, but all this lame news about the game this past year makes me doubt it will be very interesting.
Edgy would you and others be happy if it was female bear and not a gay bear sex scene?

jf8350143

Liturgist
The problem with BG3's "romance"(if we can call it that) is that Larian somehow believes sex is the most important part of it. Everytime a "romance" scene happens it always involve either the sex or hinting of having sex. The gith lady straight up says she is great in bed but she doesn't like the MC enought to show him/her. Bitch I just know you for a few days at most, keep your bullshit to yourself.

The same goes with the two scenes they show in the panel. First date? talking about masturbate so hard she set the tent on fire. Having sex? all Halsin talks about is how thristy he is and want to fuck the vampire in bear form.

It didn't flash out their personality, (if anything it sabotage the personality) , it didn't flash out the relationship, it's just lewd jokes, and it's not even funny.

Last edited:

Kiste

Augur
Watcha gonna do next, go hassle the jrpg fans while you are furiously masterbating to a bear fucking your character?

Please go bitch at the trannies while I jerk of to bestiality says the dick. No way is Larian trying to normalize this! Its just a game! You wouldn't be singing this song if the codex was more accepting or trannies, now would you? Disgusting. This is media normalization you absolute retard.

Your whole retarded shtick is that anyone who doesn't particularly mind the stupid bear scene is into zoophilia. Doesn't get more true if your keep repeating it ad nauseam. And that has basically been every fucking posting of yours in the past couple of days, along with spamming the "shit" rating. You're the most uninteresting and useless faggot in this thread. Get a fucking grip, man.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Tbh all this scandal about the bear scene happened because we are in 2023 and people cannot laugh anymore games had wicked shit long before bg3
Remember Vendetta?
Side scroller fighting game?
In a level you could get humped by homos.
In another you could get humped by dogs.
Of courae at the time there was not this need to make everything political so people just laughted at it.
Most of these people would've joined burning D&D on the stake for demon worshiping if it were the 80's still.
Most people want to partially larp as 80s conservatives from a selective and distorted historical account of the 80s culture, but they still want to break out of conservatism when it suits them - why not have romanceable fuckable high fidelity motion cap female companions.

They remind me of this girl I met at a party when I was in university. She said she was "liberal about everything, but conservative about sex" :lol: (tough luck, right?)

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
You find one actually in your foster father corpse.
You do not. lmao

What mods are you playing with?
No mods.
AbFrWPT.png

I do seem to remember some mod or fan patch that could add a belt to his corpse, and also the Beamdog version adds a belt with weird stats to it.

BruceVC

Magister
It will be interesting to see if the bear scene translates to any loss in overall revenue sales. I doubt it and if its anything like the Codex outrage from some around Hogwarts it wont make any difference which is the most important consideration in any games future or success. Hogwarts made $1 billion in revenue sales a few months ago. So what Im getting at this type of outrage is a small but vociferous minority who dont influence the overall success of any game

https://gamerant.com/hogwarts-legac...,$1 billion in retail sales since its release.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

You find one actually in your foster father corpse.
You do not. lmao

What mods are you playing with?
No mods.
AbFrWPT.png

I do seem to remember some mod or fan patch that could add a belt to his corpse, and also the Beamdog version adds a belt with weird stats to it.
I played recently the Beamdog version. Maybe not on his corpse i just checked but in one of the aggressor? Fact is you can find that belt all around oddly enough. Sometimes yes sometimes not. Random loot chance?

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I played recently the Beamdog version. Maybe not on his corpse i just checked but in one of the aggressor? Fact is you can find that belt all around oddly enough. Sometimes yes sometimes not. Random loot chance?
Beamdog did have Amber Scott, the Wrath of the Tranny author, working for them. It's possible she had it added to the loot table at one point, but I haven't seen it in any recent playthrough.

Then again, I stopped updates on my game so as to avoid breaking BGT, so maybe it's more recent.

edit:
Maybe not on his corpse i just checked but in one of the aggressor?
I just checked and no, not on any corpse there. AFAIK, it's only on the ogre and possibly one in BG2, but I forget.

I like to put the belt on Khalid and laugh at him for the rest of the game btw. :M

Last edited:

Saravan

Savant
Watcha gonna do next, go hassle the jrpg fans while you are furiously masterbating to a bear fucking your character?

Your whole retarded shtick is that anyone who doesn't particularly mind the stupid bear scene is into zoophilia. Doesn't get more true if your keep repeating it ad nauseam. And that has basically been every fucking posting of yours in the past couple of days, along with spamming the "shit" rating. You're the most uninteresting and useless faggot in this thread. Get a fucking grip, man.
Never seen a retard who yearns so badly for others to be zoophiliacs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom