Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Zeriel

Arcane
It's stupid as shit that we let society degrade to a point where we can't have hot women in media anymore because people get offended.

Also monks aren't cringe. It's WotC's fault for undercooking the class.

The thing is the number of people who like hotness versus the number of people who dislike it is dissimilar. This is always the issue. It is a fake argument to say there is "controversy". If one guy is smearing his shit on the walls, and 9 others are not in a bar, there is no controversy over whether shit-smearing on walls is a fine cultural tradition. There's just one crazy guy.

Writ large this is what has happened to culture. The shit-smearers are rather small in number but have managed to seize control of the means of communication. Occasionally the masses mount a counter-fuck-you, but for the most part the illusion remains. But if they were secure in their numbers, the minority would not feel the need to constantly lecture the masses on why they shouldn't like hotness or any other number of Bad Things.

Zeriel

Arcane
I think the biggest problem that people had with the gay bear sex scene was the gaming jurnoscum trying to pass this off as "tender" and normal. If this game came out in 2011 and Larian showed that scene you would have had gaming mags and sites saying things like the scene is "silly", "weird", "outrageous", "naughty", "kinky", "over the top", with the articles also being filled with bear pun jokes and at the end of the articles them saying; "Larian, you saucy boys and gals you."
Instead you see wording from the likes of Kotaku and Polygon saying the scene was "tender", 'beautiful", "sweet", "validating" as well as them trying to justify degenerate sexualities like bestiality and polyamory as something normal in articles about a CRPG video game. I always knew jounroscum were vile, I just didn't need to know what turned them on.
Yeah but on that i don't think larian was aware of the journo reaction. They most likely did that or added that for a laugh and lost control of it.
About gender pronoumns and stuff that is basically something imposed by wotc.
To be honest we are lucky to jave half elf and orcs playable since wotc stated that half blood races are a racist concept.

Hard disagree on this one. Larian's writing staff has former gaming journos on it. They are writing for the giggle-squee audience. They knew what they were doing; the whole "haha!" thing is just there to sell it to the normies, some of which I am sure work for Larian. The writers are absolutely degenerate; the rest of Larian may not be. I've said it before, but the biggest cause of decline for Larian was when they were convinced to "beef up" their writing team and went from the one dude who used to write all their stuff to the team made up of gaming journos and dangerhairs that led to DOS2 and now this.

Elthosian

Arcane

Indeed. Why does Elthosian think on these terms? I don't care about romanceable dwarfs(no shit), just a dwarf bro companion for the adventuring tb combat and roleplay. It is one of the cooler meme races. The only decent and entertaining companion in troonfinder was literally a dwarf(Greybor).

With current BG3 roster it is even hard to actually fill the 3 companion slots. You pick one of the waifu sluts(if you are into that) and then what? You either create a merc companion or are stuck with HAWT SEXY ELF ROMANCEABLE COMPANIONS WRITTEN BY WYMMIN AND FAGGOTS for the rest of the game. All of them annoying and sick cast. They even have a literal buff elf druid who turns into a bear when hornying(the subject of this thread's last 30 pages or so).

Even the bugfinder games had more sensible companion rosters where not every single character is supposed to be a romanceable coomer fantasy.

I'm all into non-romanceable companions and agree they should be a majority, but I've found even those tolerable when the romances don't get started because you were half-nice once. Still, my point was more about people making a fuss re: how hot the characters are and how much they cater to the player by bringing the culture war drama into the discussion.

Kiste

Augur
That is funny coming from
16277.jpg
I am a strictly cishet tentacle but I am also open-minded enough to recognize that even bears may want cawk. Who am I to deny it to them? As long as it is strictly consensual and there is no major mauling involved, I can be tolerant about this degeneracy. Just don't let the cubs watch.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

That is funny coming from
16277.jpg
I am a strictly cishet tentacle but I am also open-minded enough to recognize that even bears may want cawk. Who am I to deny it to them? As long as it is strictly consensual and there is no major mauling involved, I can be tolerant about this degeneracy. Just don't let the cubs watch.
For some is way more they can bear with.
*Badun tshhhhh*

Kiste

Augur
For some is way more they can bear with.
*Badun tshhhhh*
I can't be the only one who thinks that a stupid shapeshifter sex scene that is played for laughs isn't exactly the end of Western Civilisation. No fucking bears or vampire elf assholes were harmed in any way in the making of this game. Have you ever seen ancient Greek pottery? They've got shit like Satyrs with giant dicks sodomizing strapping young twinks depicted on it and those fuckers fucking invented Western Civilisation.

I am far more triggered by the "anything goes" trans shit character creator because it represents a real existing problem that is, at least partly, spread through social contagion and media normalization. So maybe screech more about that?

Last edited:

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Strange how these guys aren't bitching in the 'Baldur's Gate series' thread until this day about how Edwin becomes Edwina. Guess they're OK with trannies?

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
@Non-Edgy Gamer It's a mystery in the same way that you are a faggot, i.e. not a mystery at all
What are you talking about? I too am sick of this shit in games, but I have no idea if Sven is a cuck or just a normie. From his reactions to playing the game, it almost sounded like he didn't even oversee half the stuff the team put in.

Be less butthurt about ratings. :M

Saravan

Savant
Strange how these guys aren't bitching in the 'Baldur's Gate series' thread until this day about how Edwin becomes Edwina. Guess they're OK with trannies?
Or WotR. There was a lot of cucks here doing the ‘just ignore it bro’ routine then, but that’s not allowed in this case. If you are going to cry about this shit at least do it consistently.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath

That was a funny joke though and he hated it the whole time also gave him an ending slide if you didn't fix it. The tranny in WoTR pays for a potion, when really in a world with magic couldn't a cleric just cast heal on you and then you don't want to be a tranny anymore? Having people seriously be a troon or fag is really nonsensical when there is magic that can cure mental afflictions.

Kiste

Augur
Can healing spells heal mental afflictions? Is that established lore in D&D?

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

That was a funny joke though and he hated it the whole time also gave him an ending slide if you didn't fix it. The tranny in WoTR pays for a potion, when really in a world with magic couldn't a cleric just cast heal on you and then you don't want to be a tranny anymore? Having people seriously be a troon or fag is really nonsensical when there is magic that can cure mental afflictions.
Elminster was turned in a woman by mystra for some times.
People take Edwin-Edwina forgetting gender changing belt could be found everywhere. You find one actually in your foster father corpse.

Saravan

Savant

Lmao the whole character is written by an actual tranny. Some real bullshitting going on here. No it's okay bro there is a potion so it's a joke. What about Regongar wanting to do a threesome every five seconds or Sosiel looking for avenues to your ass? Nenio being an autistic furry? Can't stay consistent with this fake outrage.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Lmao the whole character is written by an actual tranny. Some real bullshitting going on here. No it's okay bro there is a potion so it's a joke. What about Regongar wanting to do a threesome every five seconds or Sosiel looking for avenues to your ass? Nenio being an autistic furry? Can't stay consistent with this fake outrage.
I will never forgive Paizo for turning one of my favourite asian mythical creatures in a damn furry.

Pizzashoes

Scholar
Sosiel, a black paladin?
iu

*Cue audience reference to ancient Greek art depicting paladins were always black. Just stop noticing patterns.*

Kiste

Augur
If transgenderism merely involved donning a belt, I'd be perfectly fine with it. Hey, it might even be fun to "experiment" with it once in a while. But in reality, it doesn't just involve magic belts, now does it?

So yes, I can be OK with Edwina while being critical of a character creator with free-floating voice/bodytype/pronouns.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom